Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-18-2021

1127 New 1 month lows, and 713 3 month lows.

So once again its the same stocks moving higher and the rest seeing who hits the bottom first lol

Added DIS, PYPL and DUK in my sons account

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 11-18-2021

added a full position in BABA

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-18-2021

(11-18-2021, 12:22 PM)MrFortune Wrote: added a full position in BABA

Bold move good sir.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-18-2021

I swore off CCP stocks but I admit TCEHY tempts me.  I'll wait a bit for their real estate Ponzi scheme to settle out.  I am not expecting a China GFC like event, but they are flirting with a recession and that won't be good for US stocks either so I am not wishing for it. I'd feel more comfortable if they were actually stocks and not a Caymen Island paper game to skirt CCP laws.

(11-18-2021, 12:01 PM)divmenow Wrote: 1127 New 1 month lows, and 713 3 month lows.

So once again its the same stocks moving higher and the rest seeing who hits the bottom first lol

Added DIS, PYPL and DUK in my sons account
The CAP weighted indexes make the market a complete illusion right now.  A few dozen large CAP stocks are driving higher plus the gamblers sectors of the month.  If you own SPACs or IPOs from the last few years you are either getting crushed, or up 25% a week until the next rotation coming soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-18-2021

(11-18-2021, 12:38 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Bold move good sir.
Got to be bold to make money in this market. I bless the BABA buy. If you really look into the earnings  they actually weren’t that bad. Cloud going to be a big money maker for them. Listen to the conference call. I think at these low $140 levels you have to buy. If your long and patient you will do fine.

Trudging through the zillion bagholders who thought it was a buy $70 ago will be the challenge. They will sell into every rally like they do every other stock that got crushed. It's going to come down to the CCP backing off and eventually they will see that they should. The significant forward guidance downgrade is what strengthens my belief China has some economic issues to resolve in the real near future. BABA is a bell weather stock so I think they predict the short-term Chinese economy. Not sure who else would now that real estate BIZ is crashing.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 11-18-2021

Added BABA as well

Revs are growing at 29% and PE of 15. The problem isn't BABA. The problem is China. This will all get straightened out in the end. In meantime BABA is investing in other growth areas like cloud which grew 33% this quarter.

I laugh at the people in this board that chase those high flyers but have a chance to buy a bargain here in BABA. Todays buy will look very good in a year!

“Our global annual active consumers across the Alibaba Ecosystem reached approximately 1.24 billion, with a quarterly net increase of 62 million consumers,” Zhang added. “We are on track to achieve our longer-term target of serving two billion consumers globally.”

TDOC down big now on a slight miss. The market is brutal Wink

Kathie Wood must be losing billions. Everything she buys gets crushed lol

A good step one for China would be to make it legal for a foreigner to actually own stock. I don't think the institutions will be back until they make some big changes. They ignored the risk until China started enforcing random measures. Their earnings are irrelevant for now. I thought BABA was a deal a year ago.

This buy it now pay later is a bunch of BS. Who the heck wants to do that? You paying more for product by using the service. I will take the traditional way and earn points on my credit card or pay with my debit. I just don't get it. But hey that's just me.

Many stadiums, etc. are going completely cashless. This will continue to generate huge revenue for Visa. Large crowds with mostly Visa and Mastercard, no cash. Win win

Give me V, MA, COF, DFS ect over AFRM any day in the long run.

And yes added more V and MA today

(11-18-2021, 06:23 PM)Mr1share Wrote: This buy it now pay later is a bunch of BS. Who the heck wants to do that? You paying more for product by using the service. I will take the traditional way and earn points on my credit card or pay with my debit. I just don't get it. But hey that's just me.

Many stadiums, etc. are going completely cashless. This will continue to generate huge revenue for Visa. Large crowds with mostly Visa and Mastercard, no cash. Win win

Give me V, MA, COF, DFS ect over AFRM any day in the long run.

And yes added more V and MA today
The invaders are here and it's much more than AFRM.  Big credit cards days of just pay the 3% fee and like it are going to be adjusted down soon.  I expect other major retailers will follow AMZN in the fight to not have their profits skimmed so much.  PayPal is on the hit list too with their high fees.  I do think it is about priced in now.  Anyone who bought the top may waiting a long while for those shares to be back to even. 

Don't think it's possible?  Remember when $6.95 was a good price to place a stock transaction?  Wasn't too long ago.  Now it's free.