Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 09:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: In on CRWD down $28 on  a bonus downgrade by MS. They missed the boat and wanted in cheaper. Crooks they are lol

Cloud security is certainly a competitive area, and I don't know which company is going to "win".

Palo Alto Networks (PANW) is one of the first and Motley Fool recommended, and has had a big year. 

Here is a nice article on the top cybersecurity companies: https://www.esecurityplanet.com/products/cloud-security-companies/.  They are:

Note that CrowdStrike is not on the list.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 11-15-2021

Added to WEC, PNW, and VIAC today.

(11-15-2021, 11:55 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 09:57 AM)divmenow Wrote: In on CRWD down $28 on  a bonus downgrade by MS. They missed the boat and wanted in cheaper. Crooks they are lol

Cloud security is certainly a competitive area, and I don't know which company is going to "win".

Palo Alto Networks (PANW) is one of the first and Motley Fool recommended, and has had a big year. 

Here is a nice article on the top cybersecurity companies: https://www.esecurityplanet.com/products/cloud-security-companies/.  They are:

Useful info.  It is indeed a crowded sector.  Reality is all popular sectors have gone MOMO for a year.  Haircuts are to be expected when you have no current earnings or your PE is 500.  The clear winners are far from known.  You can trade an oversold dip and I occasionally do it.  PayPal is a good example.  They may not be the winner next year but Guru's option trade looked good and it worked out.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 01:36 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Useful info.  It is indeed a crowded sector.  Reality is all popular sectors have gone MOMO for a year.  Haircuts are to be expected when you have no current earnings or your PE is 500.  The clear winners are far from known.  You can trade an oversold dip and I occasionally do it.  PayPal is a good example.  They may not be the winner next year but Guru's option trade looked good and it worked out.

Talk about a hack job article lol. Really your going to go by this? I got news for you they left off the best companies in this story. I work in the industry and Crowdsrike is tops. No one is better. Just look at who they have as customers and you will know why.  8 of the ones they have on that list don't even belong on it. I had to laugh  Big Grin

(11-15-2021, 02:58 PM)poneyboy Wrote:

Talk about a hack job article lol. Really your going to go by this? I got news for you they left off the best companies in this story. I work in the industry and Crowdsrike is tops. No one is better. Just look at who they have as customers and you will know why.  8 of the ones they have on that list don't even belong on it. I had to laugh  Big Grin

Always great to hear from someone knowledgeable on a sector.  There's no way I could have been able to discern the quality of the article like you could.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 03:04 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Always great to hear from someone knowledgeable on a sector.  There's no way I could have been able to discern the quality of the article like you could.

Therse are the best in the world. This is the list you need to go by.

Crowdstike
Fortnient
CyberArk
Cloudflare
Okta Inc.
Zscaler
Rapid 7 Inc.
Tenable
Sapphire
McAfee

As you can see only 2 make the list in that article you posted. I would like to know where they got there info from lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 03:30 PM)poneyboy Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:04 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:55 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Cloud security is certainly a competitive area, and I don't know which company is going to "win".

Therse are the best in the world. This is the list you need to go by.

Crowdstike
Fortnient
CyberArk
Cloudflare
Okta Inc.
Zscaler
Rapid 7 Inc.
Tenable
Sapphire
McAfee

As you can see only 2 make the list in that article you posted. I would like to know where they got there info from lol

Thanks for the list Oh Wise one  Big Grin

And I do agree. Most of the ones on that article list have no business being on it. Your list looks to be pretty accurate. I won't question an expert. Thanks for that. I'm going to check out there stocks now  Big Grin

BTW I have no problem with competition. Especially in the cybersecurity field. There is plenty of room for others. It's probably the hottest growth sector in the tech industry. And its only going to grow more.

Doesn't Eric own CRWD?

We use OKTA at work.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-15-2021

(11-15-2021, 03:42 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: We use OKTA at work.

Do you own MARA? Just curious. I know you like that industry  Big Grin

Have you bought more RIO yet?

List keeps getting longer. A couple tickers I never heard of. The originals did live from days of old. Cramer likes Gurus list. He has recommended most of them

(11-15-2021, 04:10 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:42 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: We use OKTA at work.

Do you own MARA? Just curious. I know you like that industry  Big Grin

Have you bought more RIO yet?

MARA - nope, and I don't care if it's taken off like a rocket.  If I were to buy it again, it would go down sooner or later, and I wouldn't end up making money on it.  Like Fenders said, I need to stay away from equities I don't have conviction in.

RIO - up to 30 shares.  Still 70 more to go to reach where I was.  I'm looking forward to finishing it off.

NAIL - wow it's back over 100 last I checked.  I still don't think this is a triple that over time goes up like SOXL, TECL, and TQQQ do.  If I had any now I would surely sell, then wait for it to go back to 60 and start the wheel all over again. 

LABU - my vote for worst triple.  

ORC - keeps slowly sinking.  That 15-16% yield tempts me no longer.

VZ, T - I got out of these, even with the small amounts I had in them

OHI, AGNC - more yield traps I won't return to

NLY - I have about $100 in it as a "watch".  

TTD, NVDA, TSLA, ISRG, ADBE, GOOGL, FB, UPST - I like these tickers but I got out of individual stocks in my ROTH.  I'm sure they will come back next year or the year after in the taxable.

MRNA - if it's going back up I don't want to know.  All my other mistakes this year were papercuts compared to this body blow.  Still, in the long run I believe in their technology and I will eventually bring it back if it is at a sane price.  Ideally when they have some other drugs in phase 3 trials.

Despite all of my missteps this year, the taxable is up 43.3% year to date and the ROTH 66.11%.  That said, the ROTH hasn't moved since August.