Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 11-11-2021

I know the market cares about none of this, but I have a question.
So we look at PE as a very general method of defining valuation.
Then there are growth stocks with negative PE's, so we can use P/S to gauge relative valuation.

But what do we do with this rivian thing? $120b market cap and $0 revenue. What?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-11-2021

sold baba

bought twlo

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 01:04 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I know the market cares about none of this, but I have a question.
Then there are growth stocks with negative PE's, so we can use P/S to gauge relative valuation.

But what do we do with this rivian thing? $120b market cap and $0 revenue. What?

falls in line with blah blah blah girl way of thinking

as in what does it matter as long as we have hopes and dreams, and sometimes hopes and dreams are worth a lot

for some reason i can hear jack nicholson screaming   "this ain't steven spielberg we're talking about"   in my head

want to look at something with solid numbers, in reality?

check out

POOL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 01:04 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I know the market cares about none of this, but I have a question.

We let it go and don't stress the fact we may miss a 50% run that can't be justified for many years.  Or buy a couple shares if you're feeling lucky.  I will never allow this idiocy to wreck me.    

I have a question.  How much is a bitcoin actually worth?   Big Grin

(11-11-2021, 12:31 PM)vbin Wrote: Yup, everything is short supply. Can't even find the furniture we like. I had a great last night that Costco and whole foods had half empty shelves.

Anyone dig deeper into Venmo+amzn partnership?
I think there is a whole lot of depends where you are in all that.  I don't see too many problems at big box around here.  They can bully their transporters and get served first.  DG is one exception here.  They are struggling.  An entire section of a product group may me wiped out and it's been going on for months.  I own shares so hoping for the best.  HD isn't struggling much unless you want a particular product not normally stocked.  The wait can be brutal for special ordered items.  As I have shared I design custom doors and windows for HD.  Want a fancy garage door?  Five month wait and our installer quit.  No takers on replacing him for months.  Store doing OK overall, specialty sales are horribly bad and it's not ending real soon.  I was in the top 25% for sales in the best store in my region.  Now my sales are down 60%.  Folks just aren't waiting 6 months.  They will just find something else to buy at HD or maybe they will try to buy a couch or TV instead?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 01:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

We let it go and don't stress the fact we may miss a 50% run that can't be justified for many years.  Or buy a couple shares if you're feeling lucky.  I will never allow this idiocy to wreck me.    

I won't be touching rivian. No way. Everyone wants it to be the new Tesla but I don't think we will see another Tesla in our lifetimes. Will we see similar success stories, sure. But I don't think they will be coming from these electronic vehicle start ups.

And regarding a bitcoin, well it's a currency so you can only compare it to other currencies by checking the real time exchange rate. If you want to compare to dollars, then it's $65k and change. :p

(11-11-2021, 02:53 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 01:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I won't be touching rivian. No way. Everyone wants it to be the new Tesla but I don't think we will see another Tesla in our lifetimes. Will we see similar success stories, sure. But I don't think they will be coming from these electronic vehicle start ups.

And regarding a bitcoin, well it's a currency so you can only compare it to other currencies by checking the real time exchange rate. If you want to compare to dollars, then it's $65k and change. :p
No there won't be another TSLA.  There really won't be another MSFT or INTC either.  Others come along eventually and refine what was pioneered, but new industries aren't born too often.  As a business RIVN is sitting pretty.  AMZN waiting to buy trucks and joint venture possibilities with other auto manufacturers such as Ford.  Now if only the stock had IPO'd at some sane level.  Maybe it will dip if the market gets rough.

As far as BTC, I'm a little disappointed you knew it was worth $65K and didn't tell us. Seems kind of selfish.   Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 11-12-2021

I won't go much into crypto in this thread. But the fact is that bitcoin was created, and is used, as a currency. So it should be regarded as such. Quite a few cryptos actually fit this description, mostly those running on the Ethereum blockchain. I know this seems odd to many people, but it really shouldn't be. It's not like humanity has always used fiat money, in fact fiat currencies (especially the more common ones today) really haven't been around for that long.

Then there are a lot of crappy coins which really cannot be used for anything, and there are no plans to even have a use for them in the future. These are not currencies in my view, since the idea has never been for them to be used as a means to pay for something. I don't know how to describe these. Lottery tickets maybe?

Real crypto with real applications shouldn't be confused with shitcoins (this is an actual term)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-12-2021

When they go three years without a 500% price fluctuation I will consider them a serious currency rather than a lottery ticket or speculative bet. For now you can't tell me if BTC value is 20K or 100K six weeks from now.

I realize some use them as currency now. Everyone I know uses them as lottery tickets and move profits to FIAT. FIAT isn't perfect but I don't need to consult a spot price chart for everyday use. Inflation is hurting FIAT for sure, but it pales in comparison to even BTC. BTC is an inflation hedge this year, but so is any industrial metal.

It really is about stability to most people. I think it is a joke as a currency right now. If it is a currency then so are shares of Rivian. BTC can now be transferred more conveniently so that part seems solved.

My mind can be changed but as of now I can ignore it for the rest of my life.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-13-2021

yesterday added

DIS

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-15-2021

In on CRWD down $28 on a bonus downgrade by MS. They missed the boat and wanted in cheaper. Crooks they are lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 11-15-2021

Me too on CRWD. I need to add more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol