Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-11-2021

Still running it like the private family business they were a year ago. If there is no intent to deceive they need to hire a legit auditor today. The new CFO has been with them for years but that doesn't make her qualified. Shorts will have fun with this. They were already circling because transportation costs probably eating their margins alive.
Just following for entertainment and educational purposes now. I suppose reporting garbage and restating a couple quarters from now would be worse.

And yes they need to add a "fishy" plant based lunch bowl because it smells like incompetency at best.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-11-2021

(11-10-2021, 08:39 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And TTCF postpones their earnings call.  Small staff so perhaps there is a reasonable explanation, but they called it off literally a few minutes before start time.  Very unprofessional.  I think they are off my trading list.  The closer I look at SPACs the more sure I am I need to dig deep before I trust them with much of my money.

i did one spac, the one for sofi--but i knew of sofi for a while

i don't plan on doing anymore

I am sure some of the SPACs will succeed but some of them smell like OTC stocks where the rules are loose. Many are so diluted you will wait a ridiculous amount of time for any hope of owning anything like a fairly valued stick. Momo traders care about none of that of course.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-11-2021

Bought the JAN 210 calls on PYPL

They also did a huge buyback yesterday. Feeling very confident in this one

DIS down $15 wow. I don't own it. So much for a an opening play lol

Disney’s valuation is heavily attributed to Disney+. The numbers on it were horrendous this quarter, and the content they’ve been putting out is subpar.
It’s really only going to be a good investment if they pick up the pace on Disney+. This is a $120 stock as best

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - DividendGarden - 11-11-2021

Adding to VIAC. How cheap will this get - 5x earnings?

(11-11-2021, 09:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Adding to VIAC.  How cheap will this get - 5x earnings?

Market says "what's a PE?" 

Value and defensive stocks in general are very much out of favor, and it's lasting longer than usual.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - DividendGarden - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 10:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 09:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Adding to VIAC.  How cheap will this get - 5x earnings?

Value and defensive stocks in general are very much out of favor, and it's lasting longer than usual.

True, and VIAC got slammed when Archegos blew up and they had to dump their shares.  Stock performance is not equal to business performance.  I'm thinking about loading up on VIAC at these levels.

Added V

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-11-2021

added SRE

(11-11-2021, 10:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 10:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

True, and VIAC got slammed when Archegos blew up and they had to dump their shares.  Stock performance is not equal to business performance.  I'm thinking about loading up on VIAC at these levels.
If you are looking for advice, mine would be load up on cheap shares where the earnings aren't threatened next year.  I really think estimates are going to be downgraded to "less amazing" for quite a few sectors.  If the goal is long-term hold and DGI, some growth makes much better div raises possible.  I don't follow VIAC so I am not knocking them.  I'm just in the mindset to pay a little bit for growth, because like I mentioned the market cares nothing about deep value and who knows when that ends. 

Sold half my ALE this morning.  I got a little overweight an sniped a dividend.  Hoping I get a dip in utilities so I can add to my favorites but I better be careful what I wish for.  

Only buy this morning was 20% off Veteran's Day discount at Dollar General. I didn't know they did that but I loaded up on dog food.  Three day discount so I am going to try to put them in bankruptcy.  Smile  They have a few staples we use a lot of.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 11-11-2021

Yup, everything is short supply. Can't even find the furniture we like. I had a great last night that Costco and whole foods had half empty shelves.

Anyone dig deeper into Venmo+amzn partnership?