Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-10-2021

Sold out of UPST and made 30 points lol. Quick $450 so will take it

Put the proceeds into U in my Roth

WEN getting hit hard. No position but watching

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 09:44 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of UPST and made 30 points lol. Quick $450 so will take it

That's the way you do. Trade the big dips and get out and run  Big Grin

U green now and looking good. I bought 12 last night at $152 so I'm happy. Almost at a full position

I added LMT and SBUX this morning as well

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 09:58 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 09:44 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of UPST and made 30 points lol. Quick $450 so will take it

That's the way you do. Trade the big dips and get out and run  Big Grin

U green now and looking good. I bought 12 last night at $152 so I'm happy. Almost at a full position

I added LMT and SBUX this morning as well
U looks great long term and it's sure fun to watch right now.  Smile

(11-10-2021, 09:17 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 06:14 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 05:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 04:39 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 04:27 PM)Mr1share Wrote: UPST down $65 AH . Which of you own that name? Come on speak up Wink

I do now, Just Bought 1 share each of COIN, UPST and U  Big Grin
Go big or stay on the porch.  I'm a little embarrassed you posted that.  Smile

Guess I better get caught up on the earnings reports.

It was either buy 1 share each on those names or waste that $600 on v-bucks fortnite skins for my 9 year old  Big Grin

Where's ken_do_nim? Didn't he say UPST was going to $1000 haha!! Well at least I didn't buy at $400 and got a dip to $246 Ah's

With these type of companies you buy between 2-10 shares and still do well if they take off again. You did need 100 shares to have fun. And with less shares if they go down $100 you don't lose your shirt  Big Grin

I bought 18 shares not 1. Coin already has gone from $201 to $221 AH's. I'm ahead $200 should I sell  Tongue

And I agree lots of these companies won't be around in a few years. But crypto is here to stay and they have the backing by many banks and companies. I just saw coin base machines in my local super markets. Who makes those. I need to buy stock in them lol 

I own the ones I want in COIN, HUT, VYGVF and BITF

BTW how about those POT stocks. Boy have they taken a beating 

While my taxable account is just fine, my ROTH is stumbling badly.  I've been making bad moves.  At least I missed the UPST fall :Smile Unfortunately I also missed the TTD sky rocket (by one day!!!).  I've planned out a proper portfolio for the ROTH rather than all those FOMO stocks and I need to put that plan into action.  I'm hereby off FOMO stocks and am getting back to tickers who I fully understand their business model, and ETFs.

Edit: and then I'm going to take a break and probably not look at the market for a long while.

Yeah you really need to get back to the basics and stop buying those momentum momo stocks  Big Grin

One of these days your going to lose it al. It's ok when you have 1-2 of those names but when your playing with fire when you jump in a burning lava pit and follow the crowd in lol

You have said buy the names you know and products you see and use everyday. Go in that direction and follow the yellow brick road. Just don't get off our the wicket witch will catch up to you. Well you get my point  Big Grin

(11-10-2021, 09:17 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 06:14 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 05:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 04:39 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 04:27 PM)Mr1share Wrote: UPST down $65 AH . Which of you own that name? Come on speak up Wink

I do now, Just Bought 1 share each of COIN, UPST and U  Big Grin
Go big or stay on the porch.  I'm a little embarrassed you posted that.  Smile

Guess I better get caught up on the earnings reports.

It was either buy 1 share each on those names or waste that $600 on v-bucks fortnite skins for my 9 year old  Big Grin

Where's ken_do_nim? Didn't he say UPST was going to $1000 haha!! Well at least I didn't buy at $400 and got a dip to $246 Ah's

With these type of companies you buy between 2-10 shares and still do well if they take off again. You did need 100 shares to have fun. And with less shares if they go down $100 you don't lose your shirt  Big Grin

I bought 18 shares not 1. Coin already has gone from $201 to $221 AH's. I'm ahead $200 should I sell  Tongue

And I agree lots of these companies won't be around in a few years. But crypto is here to stay and they have the backing by many banks and companies. I just saw coin base machines in my local super markets. Who makes those. I need to buy stock in them lol 

I own the ones I want in COIN, HUT, VYGVF and BITF

BTW how about those POT stocks. Boy have they taken a beating 

While my taxable account is just fine, my ROTH is stumbling badly.  I've been making bad moves.  At least I missed the UPST fall :Smile Unfortunately I also missed the TTD sky rocket (by one day!!!).  I've planned out a proper portfolio for the ROTH rather than all those FOMO stocks and I need to put that plan into action.  I'm hereby off FOMO stocks and am getting back to tickers who I fully understand their business model, and ETFs.

Edit: and then I'm going to take a break and probably not look at the market for a long while.
Good plan for the Roth.  You can put some growth in there without playing FOMO.  It's your retirement account and someday you need to be able to just check it quarterly if that keeps you from stressing.  You can add some of the MOMO tickers when they crash hard.  There are a lot of good companies that just have horribly priced stocks for now.   

The rest of us are trading some FOMO for fun, but the allocation is appropriate so it won't wreck our lives when a position gets cut in half.  Notice Divemenow made some nice trades.  Also notice he didn't lose his mind and make a huge bet.  That's how you live to play next week.  

Added a few shares of QQQ on the opening dip.  Have a lot of tech puts open so I can't lose my mind unless a real dip comes.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 10:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Good plan for the Roth.  You can put some growth in there without playing FOMO.  It's your retirement account and someday you need to be able to just check it quarterly if that keeps you from stressing.  You can add some of the MOMO tickers when they crash hard.  There are a lot of good companies that just have horribly priced stocks for now.   

The rest of us are trading some FOMO for fun, but the allocation is appropriate so it won't wreck our lives when a position gets cut in half.  Notice Divemenow made some nice trades.  Also notice he didn't lose his mind and make a huge bet.  That's how you live to play next week.  

Added a few shares of QQQ on the opening dip.  Have a lot of tech puts open so I can't lose my mind unless a real dip comes.

The rules that I have in place in the taxable are what have made it successful:
1. Minimum yield of 2.5% at all times.
2. No short term tax gain impact (anymore)
3. Current individual stock maximum of $10k, only ETFs above that.  (AVGO recently broke through this ceiling but it's the golden child so that's okay)
4. No individual stocks that don't pay a dividend.

The ROTH has been rule free, and ironically that has left me too much freedom to chase the wrong things.

Wow BEN has been on a big move of late. Up from $19 to now $35. This stock was left for dead.

They had great news today and looks like it was sell the news. But its still dirt cheap at a 9 PE

Anyone own?

Coin $301 to $344 what a wild ride. I should have bought more then 10 shares Wink

I wonder what stock there going to knock down big tonight? LOL

And yes Guru Ben is looking good. I bought it a ways back and sold after getting 5 points out of it. I never expected it to run like this. Buy congrats on a nice gain!

Trimmed some WFC added some more to TROW. Its now creeping up to my top 5

(11-10-2021, 10:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 10:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Good plan for the Roth.  You can put some growth in there without playing FOMO.  It's your retirement account and someday you need to be able to just check it quarterly if that keeps you from stressing.  You can add some of the MOMO tickers when they crash hard.  There are a lot of good companies that just have horribly priced stocks for now.   

3. Current individual stock maximum of $10k, only ETFs above that.  (AVGO recently broke through this ceiling but it's the golden child so that's okay)

The ROTH has been rule free, and ironically that has left me too much freedom to chase the wrong things.
I always try to ask hard questions.  I enjoy being challenged personally, even if it's just people asking stupid questions LOL.   Big Grin  

Rule: are good.  I abide by some core rules.  Well 95% of the time.  It's hard to be perfect.

YOUR RULES

#1.  Why a 2 1/2% yield requirement.  Is this a port average?  This is your tax advantaged account.  You can't spend the income without incurring a penalty.  Why not 2% or 4%?  

#2.  Good rule, it's stupid to get fined when you have the earned income to easily avoid it.  

#3.  Any individual stock is subject to a 20% correction.  It will happen fairly often.  $10K is just a number.  It's clear short-term losses cause you to make ill advised trades.  How large of a loss can you endure?  That should determine your maximum investment for a single positions. You've been stressing short term dips that seem silly to some of us.

#4 Personal preference I suppose.  There are some outstanding growth stocks that are still a few years away from paying a dividend.  Half of my good stocks don't pay a dividend.  All of my underperforming stocks pay a dividend.

(11-10-2021, 11:01 AM)divmenow Wrote: Coin $301 to $344 what a wild ride. I should have bought more then 10 shares Wink

I wonder what stock there going to knock down big tonight? LOL

And yes Guru Ben is looking good. I bought it a ways back and sold after getting 5 points out of it. I never expected it to run like this. Buy congrats on a nice gain!

Trimmed some WFC added some more to TROW. Its now creeping up to my top 5
TTCF is going to get beat up on shipping costs, maybe grow revenue nicely.  .  I only trade it around earnings so maybe round four starts tomorrow.  There will be wilder moves in tech if anybody reports.  

Interesting market today.  That inflation report would have crashed the market if times were normal.  10 year treasury didn't blink last I looked.  That's not normal.  Someday we will pay for this lol.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 11:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 10:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

I always try to ask hard questions.  I enjoy being challenged personally, even if it's just people asking stupid questions LOL.   Big Grin   

Rule: are good.  I abide by some core rules.  Well 95% of the time.  It's hard to be perfect.

YOUR RULES

#1.  Why a 2 1/2% yield requirement.  Is this a port average?  This is your tax advantaged account.  You can't spend the income without incurring a penalty.  Why not 2% or 4%?  

#2.  Good rule, it's stupid to get fined when you have the earned income to easily avoid it.  

#3.  Any individual stock is subject to a 20% correction.  It will happen fairly often.  $10K is just a number.  It's clear short-term losses cause you to make ill advised trades.  How large of a loss can you endure?  That should determine your maximum investment for a single positions.  You've been stressing short term dips that seem silly to some of us.    

#4 Personal preference I suppose.  There are some outstanding growth stocks that are still a few years away from paying a dividend.  Half of my good stocks don't pay a dividend.  All of my underperforming stocks pay a dividend.

1. 2 1/2% is a port average, which E*Trade shows at the bottom (because E*Trade rocks).  It's not my tax advantaged account; it's the taxable one.  I settled on 2.5% because, for one, that allows the account to pay enough towards my monthly budget.
3. Right; and that number will increase next year to $15k.  It's more like "no single stock can be more than 5% of the port".
4. I had been saving the pure growth stocks for the ROTH.  Yeah I need to re-evaluate that rule this year.

I will come up with some rules for the ROTH too.

Sold U in my trading account. 35 points on a day trade is good enough for me. Still hold some in my ROTH

Put the proceeds in XOM and added to SRE

And If I can get TTCF under $14 I will buy. But I wouldn't be too long on that name.