Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-05-2021

I'll be interested to see how many are approaching profitability in another year and how many are just printing shares on their way to an OTC listing.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-06-2021

Hi all,

I'm staying at a hotel in Worcester Mass for my nephew's Bar Mitzvah. Guess what's directly across the parking lot?

[Image: 435c2787-3dc5-4695-84cf-a12bdd2160c8.jpg]

(hmm, interesting blue blob thing in the sky...)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-06-2021

I think I see the yield trap sign just above the bushes.   

Darn, I probably have to wait until Monday for Divenow to see this.   Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-08-2021

Sold some XLK and IWM sector an income puts. Leaning into tech and Russell 2K for the next few months. Strikes are very near the money so I am basically long now unless they launch. I'll keep doing it until it stops working. Now I need a red day so I can buy some shares with the income.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-08-2021

(11-05-2021, 05:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I'll be interested to see how many are approaching profitability in another year and how many are just printing shares on their way to an OTC listing.

With all the shares I own, I kind of feel I own  a part of that building  Undecided

Very cool to see that 

Added WEC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 11-08-2021

Added PEP and PM

Sold out of TTD

(11-08-2021, 11:48 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 05:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I'll be interested to see how many are approaching profitability in another year and how many are just printing shares on their way to an OTC listing.

With all the shares I own, I kind of feel I own  a part of that building  Undecided

Very cool to see that 

Added WEC
Your landscaping looks very nice.  Smile

I don't know how low the UTE sector dips with rate drama but this is a real decent place to add WEC.  It will be my largest UTE holding soon.  Maybe my largest position as I enter retirement.  They admit they are sandbagging both infrastructure bills.  CEO said they have accounted for that 0% in their forecasts.  I will be shocked it they don't grow over 7% the next few years and that is about as good as it gets for a major UTE that is mostly regulated.  The green game will get them over the top. Dividend will grow at the same rate as earnings per their conference call.        

Have I pumped WEC enough?  Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-08-2021

Added

sam/pypl/roku/atvi/mo/pm/t/se/gild/rblx

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 05:47 PM)rayray Wrote: Added

sam/pypl/roku/atvi/mo/pm/t/se/gild/rblx

Added PYPL after hours at $216. One tech name I continue to add

Also added PM

Sold my last 100 shares of MO and I am now tobacco free.  If it gets crazy cheap yet again I might be tempted to swing trade it.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-09-2021

(11-08-2021, 09:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold my last 100 shares of MO and I am now tobacco free.  If it gets crazy cheap yet again I might be tempted to swing trade it.

i own pm and mo

they're troublesome for sure

certain companies are just a thorn in an investors side, t/vz/mo/pm/gild, off the top of my head--sometimes i think lower the divi or get rid of it then focus on lowering debt and growth

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 06:25 AM)rayray Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold my last 100 shares of MO and I am now tobacco free.  If it gets crazy cheap yet again I might be tempted to swing trade it.

i own pm and mo

they're troublesome for sure

certain companies are just a thorn in an investors side, t/vz/mo/pm/gild, off the top of my head--sometimes i think lower the divi or get rid of it then focus on lowering debt and growth
I won't bash MO and PM.  MO may very well be a decent investment at this end of their price range.  But if I want more drama in my life I'll just go check out my sister-inlaw's Facebook page.  Big Grin  

Seriously though, I am just streamlining the port gradually for retirement. I have been killing a ticker every week or two and most of my high yielders didn't make the cut.  Just more headwinds than I care to track.  I wasn't impressed by their blown acquisitions, but I actually think MO is doing a decent job with all the regulatory headwinds. You know, the headwinds that will never go away.  I spread the money out among my index funds.  It's my opinion MO won't outperform any US index over the next five years.

They are trapped and can't lower the dividend. Investors will head for the exit. For the most part investors have mediocre trust in the management of their high yield stocks. Most would worry they are going to find a way to waste a lot of the money saved from the dividend cut. Let's face it, most of these stocks don't pay a 6%+ dividend because things have been going well the past decade.