Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-05-2021

I'm sitting on too much cash yet again when these put sales expire worthless today. Healthcare is trying my patience so it's probably time to lean in some. Already own JNJ and too much BMY. Wife's ROTH is pure PFE I need to trim. Thinking of adding AMGN or maybe just the sector ETF XLV.

Any other thoughts? Not looking for a homerun. The whole sector will rise eventually.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 11-05-2021

LMT back at $338. Anyone buying MRK? Haven't looked why they dropped.

(11-05-2021, 11:17 AM)vbin Wrote: LMT back at $338. Anyone buying MRK? Haven't looked why they dropped.
New PFE treatment for Covid appears very effective and will likely be approved.  The Covid vaccine and cure options are starting to get crowded.  Money to be made for all but at some point some pricing pressure is my guess?  Not today, but some month soon the low bidder will win contracts for unvaccinated nations as long as they are trusted.

It's been an interesting Covid Med week. It seems PFE showed up with actual trial data to get their vax emergency approval for elementary school children. Moderna scribbled their request on a bar napkin and the FDA sent them away for some actual data and it will cost them precious months. Moderna Vax may be just as safe and effective, but I think PFE schooled them on how approvals work. Experience won for now. We'll see and anybody with a different opinion please speak up. This is just my take from reading the news.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 11-05-2021

Wow MRNA down almost $75

This is why I don't invest in stocks like this. Too many wild swings. Looks like they want to take it even lower. Ouch

Here's the thing. No body even wants to take boosters expect for the really sick elderly. This entire thing will blow up.

Where did you all buy at? Hope your not under water.

I did add some SOFI and DKNG

(11-05-2021, 12:30 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Wow MRNA down almost $75

This is why I don't invest in stocks like this. Too many wild swings. Looks like they want to take it even lower. Ouch

Here's the thing. No body even wants to take boosters expect for the really sick elderly. This entire thing will blow up.

Two more overpriced as hell stocks on fundamentals so don't get too critical. Smile  The ones you are bashing are highly profitable.  You just bought SOFI and DKNG after they crashed. Timing might save you.

Here's the thing.  The stocks you bought today are still worth maybe 10 bucks on fundamentals where they launched, but probably less.  The story plays out or it doesn't.  They aren't making a dime of profit this year or 2022 and maybe 2023. The companies themselves predict it will take them years to even dream of MRNA current profits. Just keeping it real. I have traded both of your stocks but I knew that I was flipping money losing hype and nothing more. Maybe it works out.

Sorry but you triggered me throwing up two SPACs up 2-4X as some kind of sane valuation play. There is a reason 90% of them skirted the IPO process. It clearly wasn't because they wanted to pass on the big fee savings to the little guy. MRNA actually has a PE that isn't infinity.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 12:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 12:30 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Wow MRNA down almost $75

Two more overpriced as hell stocks on fundamentals so don't get too critical. Smile  The ones you are bashing are highly profitable.  You just bought SOFI and DKNG after they crashed. Timing might save you.

Here's the thing.  The stocks you bought today are still worth maybe 10 bucks on fundamentals where they launched, but probably less.  The story plays out or it doesn't.  They aren't making a dime of profit this year or 2022 and maybe 2023.  The companies themselves predict it will take them years to even dream of MRNA current profits.  Just keeping it real.  I have traded both of your stocks but I knew that I was flipping money losing hype and nothing more.  Maybe it works out.

Sorry but you triggered me throwing up two SPACs up 2-4X as some kind of sane valuation play.  There is a reason 90% of them skirted the IPO process.  It clearly wasn't because they wanted to pass on the big fee savings to the little guy.  MRNA actually has a PE that isn't infinity.

I agree. And DNKG and SOFI are not stocks I would personally own. Not to say they wont do good for you. Just not my kind of investments for me.

Now regarding MRNA. You just have to ask yourself. What else do they have in the pipeline other then Vaccines? Well they have a lot but are only in stage 1 or pre-clinicals development. So this company right now is priced for Covid and nothing beyond. And I am hearing we are near the end of the pandemic so. It has also ran from $20 since the pandemic started, so think about that and the run it's had lol

But they will probably take it back to $300. So just maybe adding ay $210 this morning wasn't a bad idea. I should have bought 1 share for fun  Big Grin

BTW if you win on those $300 calls I will buy you a few rounds  Tongue

The new vax companies will have a nice cash stash assured next year as the rest of the world gets vaxxed.  They  hscd good tech and maybe they are the next major pharma player in five years.  You just can't pay for potential 2026 revenues like it's a sure thing today. The valuations were stupid and the novice didn't know any better.

The SPACs annoy me more.  Most of them had no other purpose than to enrich early investors.  They need to excel for years to make today's price work.  They can still run if the market stays bubbly.  Mostly they get bought up because they crashed 50% so they must be a good deal now.  Maybe so until the market gets critical when they dilute again in a bearish market. A few will excel and most will trade for three bucks in a few years

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 11-05-2021

I am curious to look at MRK. MRNA isn't investable even at these level.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 01:57 PM)fenders53 Wrote: The SPACs annoy me more.  Most of them had no other purpose than to enrich early investors.  They need to excel for years to make today's price work.  They can still run if the market stays bubbly.  Mostly they get bought up because they crashed 50% so they must be a good deal now.  Maybe so until the market gets critical when they dilute again in a bearish market. A few will excel and most will trade for three bucks in a few years

Yeah in general these have been absolutely awful deals. 
Black rifle coffee is also going public through a SPAC. I would definitely be interested in owning it. But the SPAC looks to me (there is very little info right now) that it's just basically an instrument for pouring all the money into the pocket of those who already own shares.

(11-05-2021, 02:49 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 01:57 PM)fenders53 Wrote: The SPACs annoy me more.  Most of them had no other purpose than to enrich early investors.  They need to excel for years to make today's price work.  They can still run if the market stays bubbly.  Mostly they get bought up because they crashed 50% so they must be a good deal now.  Maybe so until the market gets critical when they dilute again in a bearish market. A few will excel and most will trade for three bucks in a few years

Black rifle coffee is also going public through a SPAC. I would definitely be interested in owning it. But the SPAC looks to me (there is very little info right now) that it's just basically an instrument for pouring all the money into the pocket of those who already own shares.
I highly recommend anyone who buys to keep it light until they listen to a few conference calls or deep dive reports.  I've owned like four of them briefly and something shady sounding is normal.  Some very creative dilution is normal.  You are wondering when the thing might turn a profit and they are gifting a million shares to a favorite attorney for undisclosed reasons.  Some of these are going to blow up really bad.  They knew 2020 was the time.  A dirty investment banker would be scared to launch a real IPO.

(11-05-2021, 02:24 PM)vbin Wrote: I am curious to look at MRK. MRNA isn't investable even at these level.
I thought about selling MRK puts but I was terrified I'd get stuck owning shares again. Shy

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 04:06 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 02:49 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

I highly recommend anyone who buys to keep it light until they listen to a few conference calls or deep dive reports.  I've owned like four of them briefly and something shady sounding is normal.  Some very creative dilution is normal.  You are wondering when the thing might turn a profit and they are gifting a million shares to a favorite attorney for undisclosed reasons.  Some of these are going to blow up really bad.  They knew 2020 was the time.  A dirty investment banker would be scared to launch a real IPO.

Agree, Spacs are garbage IMO. Too many folks get sucked into them and spit out poorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk