Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 03:25 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Anyone here own PTON? It's down $22 after hours? Ouch

Good old Kathie Wood bought a boat load at $95. Another winner for the princess lol
I don't think anyone here owns the wonder stock.  It was an awesome Covid play but the ending wasn't hard to predict.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 03:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 03:25 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Anyone here own PTON? It's down $22 after hours? Ouch

Good old Kathie Wood bought a boat load at $95. Another winner for the princess lol
I don't think anyone here owns the wonder stock.  It was an awesome Covid play but the ending wasn't hard to predict.

PTON was the greatest short of the century lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-04-2021

Earnings are starting to go like I thought.  Some pretty impressive misses but the indexes don't even blink.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-04-2021

(11-04-2021, 03:43 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 03:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

PTON was the greatest short of the century lol

Walk it off….on your Peloton Bike Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-05-2021

adds

roku/pypl/pm/t/vz/mttr

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-05-2021

Looks like PTON will steal the crown today. Most of the Covid stocks will take their beating eventually. The market gets bored with last years news. The SPAC stocks are worse. They will go on record as the biggest fleecing in a long time. Some winners in the bunch of course but mostly not. I see some youtubers that have an entire port full of SPACs. They were stars for a minute.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 06:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Looks like PTON will steal the crown today.  Most of the Covid stocks will take their beating eventually.  The market gets bored with last years news.  The SPAC stocks are worse.  They will go on record as the biggest fleecing in a long time.  Some winners in the bunch of course but mostly not.  I see some youtubers that have an entire port full of SPACs.  They were stars for a minute.

Yup the NVAX, MRNA, and BNTX of the world will take a dump today  Big Grin

No reason to own these names!

Who ever bought $300 calls on MRNA. What were you thinking. Buy the puts cause its headed below $200  Big Grin

PTON was one of those hyped stocks people just jumped on cause it was the talk of every stock chat board site and a pandemic play. In fact even the analysts got on board and put targets of $175+ on it. This is why you always do the opposite and you will beat the market every time. Right now you don't want to be in any the pandemic stocks. They had there run. What you want to be in are the ones who are just coming out of it names.

I am going to go easy on the ha ha today because forum members are taking a real beating.  Just a valuation lesson.  These are good companies with cash and promising tech but the emergency use authority will end and it's back to years to get something approved. You just can't pay 4X what they should trade at if they had a pipeline.

And I hate to give investment advice but seriously consider getting the hell out now and save some capital to fight another day. The institutions are dumping shares and the shorts will pile on. It is highly likely you can buy them back cheaper and if you just have to average down..... DON'T until they find a floor.

Keep in mind the brokerage houses that maintain buys are the same folks that had a buy rating on the stock before the market cut the price in half. Give them a week and they will all drop their price targets so they look less foolish.

What I Am Buying Today. - MrPosadas - 11-05-2021

ABNB has been making a decent run lately since COVID vaccine rates and leisure travel sentiment have increased. Anyone else holding this one? Will probably exit my investment if it breaks past the $225 bar, otherwise, will just keep it in my port.

(11-05-2021, 08:46 AM)MrPosadas Wrote: ABNB has been making a decent run lately since COVID vaccine rates and leisure travel sentiment have increased. Anyone else holding this one? Will probably exit my investment if it breaks past the $225 bar, otherwise, will just keep it in my port.
It has considerable ownership here though some of the guys aren't around at the moment.  It's one I missed for sure.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-05-2021

Bought DHR at $283. Its been a stock I have liked for a long time.

I may sell the rest of my XOM and put into EOG as well

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 11-05-2021

added SWKS, DHR, V, PM, PENN and CCF