Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-31-2021

Divemenow

You see what you did with all your market timing? You triggered ol' Ray and got us another lecture. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 09:24 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Divemenow

You see what you did with all your market timing?  You triggered ol' Ray and got us another lecture.  Smile

Ha lol yea I got myself a reputation of being one of the old guys lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 06:49 PM)rayray Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 09:24 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Divemenow

You see what you did with all your market timing?  You triggered ol' Ray and got us another lecture.  Smile

Ha lol yea I got myself a reputation of being one of the old guys lol
Reality is we can probably use the reminder.  At least a few of us have had a really good year and we are determined to not give it back.  I have more cash than usual.  I am trying to shorten my ticker list, and get positions in a few index ETFs.  I sell something on an up day and then the red day doesn't come soon enough so I can get it re-invested.  Market is starting to creep higher and here I am sucking my thumb.  All I can do is FOMO in or sell some puts so I don't completely miss out.       

All you need to do is get trading right six times out of ten.  If that was easy over the long run, we'd all be famous fund managers.  Anyway this thread is fun if you don't let it consume your whole port.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-01-2021

Added LHX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-01-2021

Made a frowny face at Moderna. Oh, okay, that's not a buy Smile

Today's drop was expected. There's been concerns about mild myocarditis in younger males for months now who get the vaccine, and the FDA is giving it due diligence. Hopefully the risk is small enough that it's not a real issue.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-01-2021

(10-29-2021, 04:08 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 03:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 02:32 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Admittedly I do dread a -10% year.  The good news is that when looking at S&P 500 historical annual returns, I don't see too many multi-down years.  2000-2002 is really the biggie.  When a bad year hits, I hope I'm smart enough to either go to cash early, or ride it out.  There's been several times this year when people on the forum have told me leverage is foolish, but I stayed in and TECL for instance is at its all-time high now.

That said, you are right my trust factor in TECL, SOXL, TQQQ, CURE, and SPXL is much higher than the others.

I will do more research on the state of mortgage rates and reits, and maybe pull out of DRN in January if it is prudent.
You are looking through rose colored glasses, acting like the GFC was no big deal.  It was a retirement date killer even without leverage.

If I were in charge of your money I would still let you have fun lol, but this is what I would make you do.....

3X QQQ and the SOXX.  Some non leveraged of the same you could just hold if it gets crazy.  You can overweight your favorite sector without losing your mind with greed.  You don't seem to scare out of this sector.  

The rest would not be leveraged because you are flying blind leveraging biotech, real estate, commodities etc.  Those are just gambling with your knowledge base.  (or mine).  It makes absolutely no sense because you get scared and run when they dip.  I'd suggest it's because you don't understand the sector well enough to discern noise from long term real problems.  If one can be brave and scared in the same week that would be you lol.  The reality is it's easy to see your trust factor is BS.  You only "trust" things that haven't dipped for a few months.  

More attention to valuation on the individual stocks.  You are constantly selling a loser and buying FOMO.  It works until it doesn't.  You were waaay late to MRNA but I suppose it was still OK to buy a few shares.  We never know.  Then the FOMO got you and you bought more shares that may be underwater forever.  I buy anything I want, but the size is scaled to the risk.      

I expect you will run scared when a 10% down year happens and lose a lot of money flipping leverage to other leveraged securities that haven't dipped yet.  We'll just have to see how fast you can learn.  You aren't 25yrs old so it's not OK to get destroyed in a modest down market year.

I'm glad your not my money manger or I would be broke in a year  Big Grin

You and those 3X Leverage ETF'S. Your going to get hurt sooner or later lol. And Buying a 3X real-estate fund when we are close to a bubble and a market high is a bad mistake. Your like some of my students who just think whatever they buy will go up forever.  Big Grin  

Instead of buying these 3x leverage funds maybe you should be averaging down in COF, DFS and others your down in to get your average down. Just my 2 sense lol 

And I know your gaga over SOXL but don't expect it to hit 100 by Dec. Everyone loves the chip sector and that normally is a sign to well you know Big Grin

I own SOXL so I am all for it going to the moon, but I cant get overly excited you do   Big Grin   I have it in 2 accounts. One I don't touch and the other I trade and buy at $34 and sell at $48. Rinse and repeat. Back to $34 in 4 weeks  Big Grin

Anyway I'm just having fun with you  Tongue

Stockguru, SOXL is at $49 now.  I'm so curious whether you are selling or holding.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 11-02-2021

Bought some LMT, EL, V and PYPL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-02-2021

Sold KEY and PNC in my Roth
Bought CBRL, GPN and added V, MA, LLY, TXRH and COF in my Roth

Sold FUBU, TDOC, SEDG in my trading account

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 11-02-2021

When Fenders said "fantasy investing" he's 1000% right. I don't think I've had a down day since early October. Definitely can't last.

(11-02-2021, 10:46 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: When Fenders said "fantasy investing" he's 1000% right.  I don't think I've had a down day since early October.  Definitely can't last.

You just have to be selective. Plenty of good stocks are down to buy. You just have to find them.

There's always a bull market somewhere  Big Grin

If all your stocks haven't gone down then prepare to get hit 20% soon lol. The rotation will come sooner then you think

SOXL about to top out soon at $51 and go back under $40. I hear stock guru sold today lol 

By the way do you still hold MARA?

RIO is getting on sale by the day

Not sure If I sold sell that penny stock I bought at $1.28 in HUT

Can't believe its at $15.44 now.

Any other penny stocks to buy at there? Wink

You guys that bought still riding it up?

Guru give me another penny stock will you lol

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 11-02-2021

Bought 1 vz with pooled divys in my kid's account