Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 12:40 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 11:51 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I hate to even admit this here but I try to be transparent rather than just brag about my wins.  I just sold the last half of my LMT.  I try not to sell unless the fundamentals have changed.   When every major defense stock is predicting loss of revenue growth for a few years, the story has changed.  There is about zero chance the defense budget is increased for years.  I said a few months ago I believe RTX is more appealing because they aren't 100% dependent on the government.  I am pretty sure pure defense stocks are dead money and I can re-enter later if I choose to.   Sold some of my shares at a loss.  Probably down 5% overall.  Hope it runs to the moon for you guys. LMT isn't going out of business and I bet they are way higher five years from now.

One more ticker off my pre-retirement list.  Trying to stop picking the flowers and watering the weeds.

Sorry to hear you just sold at the bottom on LMT.. Buyback just went into affect and it's now back to $335

You said the same about APD and that stock has rallied 50 points  Big Grin

Maybe your the next Cramer hahaha!!

What else don't you like  Big Grin
I've been trimming LMT it for about six weeks or I would be way down.  OK you made me look.  I sold my APD on AUG 12th for exactly $291 at profit.  As APD at $241 now?  Don't make me scroll back and repost your bad picks.  Smile

What else don't I like?  SAAS stocks with infinity PEs, mean people, and getting a flat tire when it's raining.   Big Grin 

Added a little WEC today.  My favorite UTE, but I sold a lot of shares much higher and its not my largest holding so I will fix that.   Trying to get my UTEs back to a 70% position and wait for a dip if it happens.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 12:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 11:51 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I hate to even admit this here but I try to be transparent rather than just brag about my wins.  I just sold the last half of my LMT.  I try not to sell unless the fundamentals have changed.   When every major defense stock is predicting loss of revenue growth for a few years, the story has changed.  There is about zero chance the defense budget is increased for years.  I said a few months ago I believe RTX is more appealing because they aren't 100% dependent on the government.  I am pretty sure pure defense stocks are dead money and I can re-enter later if I choose to.   Sold some of my shares at a loss.  Probably down 5% overall.  Hope it runs to the moon for you guys. LMT isn't going out of business and I bet they are way higher five years from now.

One more ticker off my pre-retirement list.  Trying to stop picking the flowers and watering the weeds.

Sorry to hear you just sold at the bottom on LMT.. Buyback just went into affect and it's now back to $335

I've been trimming LMT it for about six weeks or I would be way down.  OK you made me look.  I sold my APD on AUG 12th for exactly $291 at profit.  As APD at $241 now?  Don't make me scroll back and repost your bad picks.  Smile

What else don't I like?  SAAS stocks with infinity PEs, mean people, and getting a flat tire when it's raining.   Big Grin 

Added a little WEC today.  My favorite UTE, but I sold a lot of shares much higher and its not my largest holding so I will fix that.   Trying to get my UTEs back to a 70% position and wait for a dip if it happens.

Nope APD is at $301, so you didn't look lol  Big Grin

Well duh no ones likes infinity PE stocks  Tongue

WEC... I will short it  Big Grin

(10-28-2021, 01:12 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 12:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Nope APD is at $301, so you didn't look lol  Big Grin

Well duh no ones likes infinity PE stocks  Tongue

WEC... I will short it  Big Grin

No, I sold APD at $291.  I knew APD was around 300 now.  You scared me and I had to go make sure I didn't sell at $250 lol.  

Shorting WEC might not be a bad move.  If interest rates ever do rise for real UTEs will get cheaper.  In the meantime they do what they want lol.  My UTEs will all prosper if the infrastructure bill passes.  Not tomorrow, but soon as they will ramp up green projects that are way higher margin than their regulated game.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-28-2021

Go META lol

decided to add 200 MO. Hey why not. That’s an annual return of 12% for just holding it here at $44 lol

(10-28-2021, 01:55 PM)divmenow Wrote: Go META lol

decided to add 200 MO. Hey why not.  That’s an annual return of 12% for just holding it here at $44 lol
I guess META will grow on us lol.  I ended up having to sweat some FB options but I can clear them anytime now and add some real shares.  FB will be fine.  

MO drama never ends, but we can always DRIP it into lower priced shares right?  I am going to get kicked off SA for telling people to stop reciting that line for another five years while the SPY crushes their returns.  Big Grin

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-28-2021

Sold a NOC put. Ex div nov 27th I think. I will take the stock another $15 down with that premium and divvy, if I get the stocks assigned.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 01:55 PM)divmenow Wrote: Go META lol

decided to add 200 MO. Hey why not. That’s an annual return of 12% for just holding it here at $44 lol
12%? They are paying 3.6 annual divvy.

(10-28-2021, 02:36 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold a NOC put. Ex div nov 27th I think. I will take the stock another $15 down with that premium and divvy, if I get the stocks assigned.
I will join you at some poin0t when the sector isn't in freefall.  I don't think the market is done hating defense stocks because there is no catalyst to save them for now.  Need a reason to believe revenues aren't falling next year.  Market doesn't care about 2024.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-28-2021

AMZN should be down $500 after that horrible miss lol . But watch it go green Wink

(10-28-2021, 03:08 PM)divmenow Wrote: AMZN should be down $500 after that horrible miss lol . But watch it go green Wink
I was hoping they would miss so I can work on my position.  AAPL missed revenues in most categories too.  This should cool the market off if only temporarily.  I have been avoiding retail because there will be more disappointments.  This should shock nobody and I bet dips are brief as long as company grew.  Market is really good about forgiving big tech misses in just a few weeks.  No profit tech gets killed if they don't crush estimates.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-28-2021

(10-28-2021, 02:40 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 02:36 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold a NOC put. Ex div nov 27th I think. I will take the stock another $15 down with that premium and divvy, if I get the stocks assigned.
I will join you at some poin0t when the sector isn't in freefall.  I don't think the market is done hating defense stocks because there is no catalyst to save them for now.  Need a reason to believe revenues aren't falling next year.  Market doesn't care about 2024.
Neither do I. These companies are fundamental to national defense and there are rare to none in the world who can compete with these defense behemoths. They are undervalued. Pays dividend. Balance sheets are solid. Don't care about what happens in next 2-3 year.

(10-28-2021, 08:48 PM)vbin Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 02:40 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
Neither do I. These companies are fundamental to national defense and there are rare to none in the world who can compete with these defense behemoths. They are undervalued. Pays dividend. Balance sheets are solid. Don't care about what happens in next 2-3 year.
Of course they are important to our defense.  Can we say they are undervalued if we don't know what their 2023 revenues will be?  I know for sure fighter jet and missile programs are 15 to 30 year programs.  What I don't know is how easy it is to alter the execution rate.  Congress can decide if they want to fund 6 or 60 new F35s in 2023.  I am sure LMT etc are paid to develop and keep program alive.  But again it seems we don't know if there is any growth at all in the near future.  If they don't see a raise until 2025 then obviously there is no urgency to own them.  I don't think it's that bad but apparently it's not as assured as the market thought last month.  This is why I implied I need to do some DD.  Put another way oil is vital to defense but that doesn't necessarily make OXY or CVX undervalued next year.