Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 12:02 PM)Kerim Wrote: Very tempted to open a position in FB at these levels. And I've never had a problem with sin / evil stocks. I own lots of tobacco, oil, fast food, defense, alcohol, etc. And some big tech (AMZN and GOOG) too. But FB is testing me -- it is the first time I can remember balking at profiting from what a company is doing. If it goes much lower, I'm sure I'll be able to get over it...

To me anything under $315 is a steal on FB. It's one of the cheapest tech stocks out there right now.

We all talk about if only we could get a dip in tech stocks. Well you got one now  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 10-26-2021

Lets see a $50 Haircut on LMT for a slight miss.. Hmmm I live for these sell offs

The company is now expecting adj. EPS of $27.17, compared with prior guidance of $26.70 to $27.00. It expects sales of $67.0 billion compared with prior guidance of $67.3 billion.

Not that bad to justify this kind of loss. If you look deep into earnings you will actually see $27.17 estimate is a bit high then previously expected. So to me that's a raise lol

I see a lot of people added LMT today. You get a 3% yielder now

Maybe the rest of the week more buying opportunities will come like FB. My question is why did they bid up FB Last night almost $15 lol.. Wall St crooks Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 10-26-2021

Added a few LMT.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 12:35 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Lets see a $50 Haircut on LMT for a slight miss.. Hmmm I live for these sell offs

The company is now expecting adj. EPS of $27.17, compared with prior guidance of $26.70 to $27.00. It expects sales of $67.0 billion compared with prior guidance of $67.3 billion.

Not that bad to justify this kind of loss. If you look deep into earnings you will actually see $27.17 estimate is a bit high then previously expected. So to me that's a raise lol

Maybe the rest of the week more buying opportunities will come like FB. My question is why did they bid up FB Last night almost $15 lol.. Wall St crooks Wink
I think outlook is what worrying some investors. U.S. just pulled out of af and there is no way Biden is going to challenge china. He can talk all he wants. LMT has also seen cost run ups and innovation challenges. Long term I feel it should still do well. The stock is dropping as if they are talking about ch11.

(10-26-2021, 01:06 PM)vbin Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 12:35 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Lets see a $50 Haircut on LMT for a slight miss.. Hmmm I live for these sell offs

I think outlook is what worrying some investors. U.S. just pulled out of af and there is no way Biden is going to challenge china. He can talk all he wants. LMT has also seen cost run ups and innovation challenges. Long term I feel it should still do well. The stock is dropping as if they are talking about ch11.

surprising support from MS and CFRA today issuing an Overweight and Buy respectively.

So basically, the value and $6B buyback overshadow short term guidance issues.

I can see it getting back to $340 pretty quickly 

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-26-2021

This LMT issue is strange indeed. Sure, the guidance was terrible. But down 10% from an already decent price? I didn't add yet but I probably will add (again) next month. The company isn't going anywhere, they just raised the div ~7.7% and those buybacks will only be more effective when the price is lower.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-26-2021

I will do some DD before I add.  Apparently I misunderstood what they meant be years of backlog from previously signed contracts.  The size of the miss is alarming.

TXN down $10 after hours. Looks like I may be adding to that one as well soon Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - DividendGarden - 10-26-2021

Added to LMT and FB this morning.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 03:20 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Added to LMT and FB this morning.

Way to join the club  Big Grin

FB is going to buy around 158 mln. of own shares… difficult to be bearish on the name

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-26-2021

So Yesterday's headline was "Kathie Wood" buys big into HOOD day before earnings"

Haha how did that work out for you? She's getting worse them Cramer now Wink Horrible report after the bell

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 03:10 PM)poneyboy Wrote: TXN down $10 after hours. Looks like I may be adding to that one as well soon Smile

Same here.