Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 10-24-2021

(10-21-2021, 09:17 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:03 AM)Mr1share Wrote: added some TXRH

I like that one.  I think it is near fair value and the market is optimistic.  I usually have at least 100 shares.  Sell calls on the runs and a put on the dips out of the money.  Dividend isn't great but the good premiums make it one of my better yielders.   I'd love to add some shares if earnings are bad but it won't stay down long IMO.

(10-24-2021, 12:01 PM)rayray Wrote: added to

amzn/upst/isrg/docs/pypl

not on friday, but i did add to   msft/mu/t   not long ago

new

roku/nee/googl/docu/fb/pins/se

Your slash delimiter technique is a bit hard to parse, but nice to see another ISRG fan!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-25-2021

Added to AQN. Still not 100% sure about this utility but as long as the dividend keep growing (and they don't end up bankrupt) then this should be a good bet going forward.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:14 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Added to AQN. Still not 100% sure about this utility but as long as the dividend keep growing (and they don't end up bankrupt) then this should be a good bet going forward.

Looks like they missed paying the dividend for 2 quarters this year.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/aqn/dividend-history

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 10-25-2021

added to pins

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-25-2021

Not buying anything just yet. This is a big week for earnings and my hope is I will be able to add some nice names on supply chain and advertising warnings

HAS, FB, GOOG, MCD, MA, AMZN, SBUX due out this week.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 01:38 PM)divmenow Wrote: Not buying anything just yet. This is a big week for earnings and my hope is I will be able to add some nice names on supply chain and advertising warnings

HAS, FB, GOOG, MCD, MA, AMZN, SBUX due out this week.
All of FAANG that hasn't reported and 125+SPY reports out this week.  This was the week I've been saving cash for.  We'll see if it works out.

I'll likely sell a few way out of the money puts at the close to those that don't understand how powerful IV crush is.  Hope to grab some shares later this week.  I'm confident we'll see some volatility.  Whether I play it right remains to be seen.

Sold two puts each in HAS and FB expiring Friday. Huge premiums and expiring Friday, way out of the money. I'm OK with owning 100 shares each of both but 200 not so much. We'll see how it goes when earnings come in shortly.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 03:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold two puts each in HAS and FB expiring Friday.  Huge premiums and expiring Friday, way out of the money.  I'm OK with owning 100 shares each of both but 200 not so much. We'll see how it goes when earnings come in shortly.

Looks like the FB one isn't working out for you  Big Grin

HAS will be a good one. I can see that name being down $8-10 on a warning.

Today I added some TLT

(10-25-2021, 03:22 PM)Mr1share Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 03:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold two puts each in HAS and FB expiring Friday.  Huge premiums and expiring Friday, way out of the money.  I'm OK with owning 100 shares each of both but 200 not so much. We'll see how it goes when earnings come in shortly.

Looks like the FB one isn't working out for you  Big Grin

HAS will be a good one. I can see that name being down $8-10 on a warning.

Today I added some TLT
You may not have a full understanding of options and IV crush when earnings drop.   If FB falls to 310 I will have to roll forward.  But it's more likely I just run tomorrow with $700 fof an overnight trade and buy a couple shares of a div stock that will pay me every quarter forever.  We are a bit north of 310 at the moment.  I am hoping it drops some so I can add long shares.  Unfortunately that looks very unlikely.  HAS options are way out of the money so that should work out well enough.  I am good with owning discounted shares if not.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 11:14 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Added to AQN. Still not 100% sure about this utility but as long as the dividend keep growing (and they don't end up bankrupt) then this should be a good bet going forward.

Looks like they missed paying the dividend for 2 quarters this year.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/aqn/dividend-history

That appears to be an issue with nasdaq's data. They haven't missed a payment... yet... Big Grin
https://investors.algonquinpower.com/stock-information/dividend/default.aspx

And it just occurred to me you probably thought I bought FB puts.  I sold them.  I can't believe anyone would short it that aggressively after it dropped so hard already but they do.  I would have been happy to buy shares at about 306.  Didn't happen but the premiums are huge option week.  News is out and Implied volatility (IV) will crush and they can be retired for next to nothing tomorrow.  Had FB dipped 20 they would be even.  Seems like a crazy bet to me.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-26-2021

Time to dump LMT. That was one of the worst conference calls. Its clearly this is a horrible CEO and management team. Down 30 per-market

I lost all faith in this Mgmt team. So you do a large buy back before an earnings warning? After careful review you lower sales guidance? So you did not carefully review your forecast before?? Now its very clear why CFO quit!

Time to cut my losses and add more NOC and LHX