Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-20-2021

(10-20-2021, 01:25 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 12:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 12:18 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 12:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 11:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some PYPL at $255 an change. Was looking to add a tech name so lol

CI doing well today. That was a such a great bargain under $200

PYPL gives me trader's PTSD. I was trading shares around 90 and it wasn't that long ago. It's crazy how happy we get to find a deal and pay only 200%+ of what some of these stocks were at just a couple years
Yeah but past price means nothing. At some point this will be a $500 stock. If will never see 90 again lol. You should have looked away and held it ?. PYPL is the future and will continue to grow especially with Venmo. Just about Everyone uses it
Yup, should have held.  Crazy couple years and I've done fine but some of these have just run crazy.  I could scroll back and find myself bragging about selling UPS and TXRH for a quick 35% profit.  Smile  I think most of us have done that.  Just making conversation. 

Sold a QQQ put.  It's going to be another very good income day this week.

Not to mention bought WEN at $10 and sold it at $14 lol . I could list an entire list  Big Grin
2020 restaurant trades may have tormented me the most.  The troubled ones doubled off the lows in about three months and the quality names 3-4X.  I don't feel so bad about cruise lines , airlines and most amusement parks because their balance sheets are still a wreck for the next two years.  But hey, a bunch of us here made some quick gains you normally have to wait a couple years for so I guess it's all good.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-20-2021

The earnings misses are starting to roll in.  I wonder if the market will get bored with that in a couple weeks and just start talking about 2022.  It wouldn't shock me with nowhere else to invest except crypto.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-21-2021

While you american dudes are sleeping, I'm buying stuff here in Europe! :p

Added a bit to Wise (the bank thingy), I think my position here is complete now.
Also added a bit to Ethereum, you know the crypto currency that actually (apparently) works pretty ok. This has been and always will be a tiny position.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-21-2021

I don't blame you.  It's become clear several of the major coins aren't going away soon if ever.  There seems no upper bound until it crashes or becomes so large it becomes disruptive to major economies.  I think the market cap is a trillion now.  It's just a number until somebody converts to FIAT and tries to buy major US corporations or the city of London. 

I'm only half kidding.  Let BTC run to a fantasy number and some whale is going to do something exciting and disruptive eventually.  It will make the Gamestop drama look like nothing.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 10-21-2021

added some TXRH

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 09:03 AM)Mr1share Wrote: added some TXRH

I like that one.  I think it is near fair value and the market is optimistic.  I usually have at least 100 shares.  Sell calls on the runs and a put on the dips out of the money.  Dividend isn't great but the good premiums make it one of my better yielders.   I'd love to add some shares if earnings are bad but it won't stay down long IMO.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-21-2021

Bought some LRCX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 10-21-2021

Added DFS, LRCX, KMI and OMC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 10-21-2021

Also added to OMC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Dario33 Wrote: Also added to OMC

I'm curious about this. Why OMC? I held OMC for a while, this was several years ago.
I think my idea was indeed to go into it long-term but then I came to the conclusion that while advertising will continue to be huge, it's a tough business and traditional models are less effective than some of the new ones (social media, influencers, putting ads in video games, in the middle of content online etc) which have already taken a big part of the market, and I don't see this stopping anytime soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 02:27 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

I'm curious about this. Why OMC? I held OMC for a while, this was several years ago.
I think my idea was indeed to go into it long-term but then I came to the conclusion that while advertising will continue to be huge, it's a tough business and traditional models are less effective than some of the new ones (social media, influencers, putting ads in video games, in the middle of content online etc) which have already taken a big part of the market, and I don't see this stopping anytime soon.

Short answer is its fairly valued, cheap and has increased dividends the past 12 years or so - though I believe it skipped in 2020.  Recognizing its traditional advertising market does face some serious headwinds.  I don't hold a terribly large position - it's more for sector exposure.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 02:27 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

I mean seriously. The stock is a bargain at these levels. PE of less then an 11 and yield of 3.75%. The company has just come out the pandemic and had great growth. This is a recover stock that hasn't recovered all the way back yet. Todays conference call was very positive which is why I added. 

This company is tops in there industry and what they offer clients no one else can offer. That's what makes them unique. Most of the car commercial's adds you see are from Omnicom like AT@T, APPLE and Volkswagen, Intel chips among many others.  This is not like facebook adds lol . I don't think you realize all this company is behind.