Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 09-14-2023

Added HCA and ELV

Sold my $110 CNI calls. Did well on those

New position in GPC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 09-15-2023

Guess they want to take DG to $100. Just brutal

NUE getting hit hard as well on a warning. I think we are going to be going through some tough times over the next few months. Brace yourself. Save that cash!

I keep adding to UTES.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-15-2023

(09-15-2023, 08:44 AM)stockguru Wrote: NUE getting hit hard as well on a warning. I think we are going to be going through some tough times over the next few months. Brace yourself. Save that cash!

I have to save cash anyway; I wiped myself out buying a new car.  Will be rebuilding my cash position for the next year.  So, 2024 will be boring, but 2025 should be exciting!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 09-18-2023

Just added a small bit of O.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 09-19-2023

Added Enph. DG can go all the way to 90 where it has support 90+ imo.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-19-2023

(09-18-2023, 02:23 PM)Kerim Wrote: Just added a small bit of O.

I've looked at O before; dividend isn't that much higher than (web-based) bank interest currently, and it doesn't seem to have price appreciation going for it.  Dividend raises are small.  What's the thesis?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 09-19-2023

(09-19-2023, 08:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 02:23 PM)Kerim Wrote: Just added a small bit of O.

I've looked at O before; dividend isn't that much higher than (web-based) bank interest currently, and it doesn't seem to have price appreciation going for it.  Dividend raises are small.  What's the thesis?

Thesis is just that it is an extremely well run company with very reliable and safe (well-covered) dividend and sometimes, like now, at a good yield. I'm happy to increase my exposure to real estate, especially when prices are depressed by interest rate action, which never seems to damage their business model nearly as much as all the doom and gloom. Yes, bricks and mortar retail is not in the best shape these days, and they could see much bigger headwinds if the long-predicted but yet-to-materialize recession does eventually hit, but this one is a very long-term hold for me. Moreover, if and when the Fed lowers rates to deal with any such recession, those bank interest rates could be fleeting, while I'm locking in this 5.7 percent yield for the long term. And it will just continue to increase. Yes, their dividend raises are small, but they (generally) raise every single quarter. If it drops more, I'll be adding more. This will never be a ten-bagger, but very content to park my money with O.

Happy to hear contrary thoughts!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 09-19-2023

Bought some DG, DLTR, O, WEC, ENPH, PNC and MODG

Went bargain hunting. But when all others are fearful

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 09-20-2023

Added EOG and CVX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-21-2023

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/interest-rates-staying-higher-for-longer-means-at-least-through-2026-for-the-fed-100035115.html

I don't think interest rates will ever come back down to where they were. And that's probably a good thing. But a small rate cut every now and then would do wonders for my portfolio Smile

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 09-21-2023

Added more schd. Started a position in Cmi

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 09-21-2023

Went on a buying spree today lol

AVGO, AMZN, O, DVN, EOG, APD, CPG, ENPH and LLY