Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 07:39 AM)Forticus Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 07:05 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Got the annual bonus?  Smile

I'm curious about DIS.  I haven't been in that name since 2018 or so.  You'd think with their attempted monopoly on American culture that they would be flying high but they never seem to.  Do you see a brighter future for them?
Knock, knock! Who's there? Bonus. Bonus who?
Look's I should binge less Disney+ and read more.

Disney ... Holding a picture of 1969 showing me with SnowWhite on vinyl. Started buying DIS in 2017. Caught the falling knife on 3/23/2020. Future earnings growth seems 20%+. May the dividend pay my Disney+ subscription some day. In Fastgraphs we trust.

Good to see your post. I have been looking at dis as well. Fastgraph shows Disney still overvalued significantly. It has traded at 15 pe multiple times historically. What’s your thesis?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 09:29 AM)vbin Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 07:39 AM)Forticus Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 07:05 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Got the annual bonus?  Smile

I'm curious about DIS.  I haven't been in that name since 2018 or so.  You'd think with their attempted monopoly on American culture that they would be flying high but they never seem to.  Do you see a brighter future for them?
Knock, knock! Who's there? Bonus. Bonus who?
Look's I should binge less Disney+ and read more.

Disney ... Holding a picture of 1969 showing me with SnowWhite on vinyl. Started buying DIS in 2017. Caught the falling knife on 3/23/2020. Future earnings growth seems 20%+. May the dividend pay my Disney+ subscription some day. In Fastgraphs we trust.

Good to see your post. I have been looking at dis as well. Fastgraph shows Disney still overvalued significantly. It has traded at 15 pe multiple times historically. What’s your thesis?

That's what I was going to say; P/E is 38.17, no dividend.  I'm reading about the parks having low attendance.  -23% in the past 5 years.  Movies like Indiana Jones not making the money that was expected.

Case in point; I had been binging Disney+ but I burned out on it Wink

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 07-25-2023

Restarted a position in RTX.

Anyone looking at Alaska air. That’s too looks like an over reaction to me. Everyone around me is flying somewhere. Travel will continue to increase in future.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-25-2023

Added LMT

Bought $90 calls on RTX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 10:02 AM)vbin Wrote: Restarted a position in RTX.

Anyone looking at Alaska air. That’s too looks like an over reaction to me. Everyone around me is flying somewhere. Travel will continue to increase in future.

I don't invest in airlines. Just too much uncertainty in that sector. ALK conference call was not upbeat at all. 

If I had to buy one, it would be LUV

Bought UPS puts. Looks for a decline

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-25-2023

Bought the $86 calls on RTX.

Options are cheap so why not.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 12:13 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought the $86 calls on RTX.

Options are cheap so why not.

I like that play.  I got the $85 going out to Nov. 

I added CCI 

Big earnings this week with GOOG, AMZN and MSFT. Hope they all crash and value stocks can catch up  Big Grin

I'm really only buying options unless a good company is on sale. At this juncture 90% of stocks are over valued. Waiting patiently for that big crash lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-25-2023

Thanks market. Sold half we GOOG at $132 after hours.

The numbers were ok and they lowered guidance. Dont know why it shot up $10

Wil look to buy back cheaper.

MSFT down ah's

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-25-2023

Agreed with everyone here about RTX. Sure, the engine news is not positive. But was it worth a 15% drop? Absolutely no way.
I own enough of it so I didn't want to add, but I also saw the over reaction and opened a small short term trade.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-26-2023

Added more RTX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 07-26-2023

Added a few MSFT down $17 and some ENPH

Getting some growth in my portfolio

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-26-2023

New position in UHS. Just something I wanted to own and have been waiting for a dip.

They beat across the board and they knocked it down. Not in for the dividend.

D looks like its on the move. Thinking of buying as its way down from the highs

Big fed decision today. Hoping it moves the market and it sells off 500 points. I have cash that needs to be put to work Wink