Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 07-12-2023

HUM, CI and ELV added

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-13-2023

Made a quick 5 points on my PANW calls from yesterdays buy

Added ELV and MRK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 07-13-2023

Bought some XOM, ELV, DG and JNJ

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 07-13-2023

(07-13-2023, 11:58 AM)ConnerM Wrote: Bought some XOM, ELV, DG and JNJ

Nice adds

I just bought some XOM as well. I like the acquisition of Denbury 

Anyone own PGR? It's down $16 today on earnings miss. Good buying opportunity?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-14-2023

(07-13-2023, 12:20 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:58 AM)ConnerM Wrote: Bought some XOM, ELV, DG and JNJ

Nice adds

I just bought some XOM as well. I like the acquisition of Denbury 

Anyone own PGR? It's down $16 today on earnings miss. Good buying opportunity?

I used to own PGR during covid times and dumped all of it in the spring of 2022. 
It was great to own a car insurer during covid when people weren't driving much, but once things started opening up again the YoY comparisons started to look bad. And overall, insurance in the USA is very very competitive, so the combined ratios often look pretty rough compared with insurers in some other countries. The dividend system is intriguing, a tiny tiny quarterly div that we are used to and then a bigger one, which varies a lot based on performance, in the beginning of the year. None of this is to say that it was a bad company to own or anything, I just didn't feel like it fit what I was looking for anymore once people started driving their cars and filling out insurance claims. Big Grin

I haven't looked at the company in over a year so I don't know if much has changed.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 07-14-2023

Good morning everybody! I finally topped off my Emergency Fund, which allows me to start investing on a monthly basis and join you all in the fun.

Today's purchases:
WEC - core position, just increasing share count
UPST - this has been amazing for me this year and just adding to the madness
EBAY - small position, just had the right left over amount after increasing the other two

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 07-14-2023

Sold UNH and ELV on the pops

Added DG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 07-16-2023

(07-14-2023, 09:24 AM)stockguru Wrote: Sold UNH and ELV on the pops

Added DG

I was just looking at DG myself.  Looks very undervalued.  I read an article that people are already switching from Target to Walmart & Dollar General.

Edit: Not sure we have Dollar Generals in my area. We have Dollar Tree.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 07-17-2023

VZ and T at new lows. They are no longer investable and not sure they have been over the last 5 years. Hopefully everyone got out of these names and added growth names.

Added more DG this morning

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 07-17-2023

Added to IIPR and O this morning.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 07-17-2023

(07-17-2023, 11:40 AM)stockguru Wrote: VZ and T at new lows. They are no longer investable and not sure they have been over the last 5 years. Hopefully everyone got out of these names and added growth names.

I've been in and out of them each several times over the past few years, but I agree they are terrible and I'm never going back, not even when I'm retired.  I'm out of all the high div payers, but I plan to bring them back in the ROTH when I enter the drawdown phase.  Here are all the high div payers I found that kept their value (over 5 year periods):

Monthly
HRZN
RQI

Quarterly
BXSL
FSK
HTGC
OMF
ARCC

Edit: I know a lot of you have been trying out IIPR; I don't know what to make of that one. Interesting bell curve stock price over the last 5 years.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-17-2023

(07-17-2023, 11:40 AM)stockguru Wrote: VZ and T at new lows. They are no longer investable and not sure they have been over the last 5 years. Hopefully everyone got out of these names and added growth names.

Added more DG this morning

Agree there is no need to buy VZ or T at these levels. Just look how much your down if you had this name over the last 5 years. Dividends are useless if your down 10 points lol 

DIS at a 5 year low today as well