Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 10:45 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Bought a few DE, UNH, SRE, LRCX, OHI and TD

I added SRE at these levels as well. Yield 3.5% and forward PE of 14. 

OHI is getting interesting as well at these levels. $29 level you can make good money here. Always had been a good buy here.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-11-2021

Added to PEP.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 12:12 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:  I think it will come with about zero dividend but we shall see.  

This was confirmed in one of the first investor calls relating to this spin-off. One of T's big boys said it clearly that the spin-off company will not pay a dividend at first. Of course things can change as time goes by, but I think it's pretty safe to assume a zero dividend for the first couple of years.
The market heard us chatting about T.  That was a nasty post ex-div dip.  They announced the plans too soon IMO.  I think the income only oriented retirees are going to find a better yield trap.  I think we may see a slow bleed to the low 20s.  It's really starting to smell like GE even thought the BIZ is not nearly that bad at this point IMO.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-12-2021

added XOM, SQ and VZ

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-12-2021

Wow vz, taking a beating along with T?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-12-2021

New position in QCOM. Looks to me like a good value at these levels.

Added TROW and BDX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 10-12-2021

Added VZ as well. Will likely add to QCOM and AMGN too.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-12-2021

Bought 2 Verizon stocks with pooled divys in my kid's account.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-12-2021

QCOM risk/reward does look attractive.

Got assigned 100 shares of QQQ yesterday. Might sell a covered call but I need to get back into tech at some point soon. Grabbed a few shares of WEC. Still waiting for a bit better dip so I can add more seriously.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 10-12-2021

picked up some VZ  late yesterday and will get more today

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 10-12-2021

Traded my AMAT position for GOOG. Added on TROW & AMGN today.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-13-2021

(10-12-2021, 10:15 AM)vbin Wrote: Wow vz, taking a beating along with T?
Market apparently took the sector downgrade pretty serious.  CFRA called it a few months back and ended my VZ put selling.  

We are having a stealth correction in many of the higher yielding stocks.  Amazing how many value stocks can be way down with the indexes still near the highs.  I guess I prefer this over nothing to buy.