Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-06-2023

This rally has definitely been a bit too fast, not on all the stocks but on many of the big names. So you guys might have the right idea in taking some bets off the table.

I can't do that, both because I do not want to try to time the market and also because of tax reasons.
So I just keep buying as always. Grabbed some more MAA this week.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 07-06-2023

Added to O, BAC, and SPOK.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 07-06-2023

Added more TLT

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 07-06-2023

Added PNC, APD, TLT, BMY and GILD

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 07-06-2023

Are people still in the oil names? We’re around $71 now for oil. Seems like the run may be over heading into an election year. XOM warned today over the next few quarters. How are you all playing the sector? Just curious?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 07-06-2023

Adds

BAM
BX
GOOG
DE
ELV
TMO
DHR
ABT

(07-06-2023, 11:45 AM)I’m stockguru Wrote: Are people still in the oil names? We’re around $71 now for oil. Seems like the run may be over heading into an election year. XOM warned today over the next few quarters. How are you all playing the sector? Just curious?

XOM is my only big oil investment, it’s in my top 10 holdings, hasn’t moved the needle in a while and I’ve trimmed once probably should have trimmed at 119 but didn’t. I’ll coast with it.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 07-06-2023

I'm holding steady on oil. Not adding any right now.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-06-2023

I have sold an insane amount of TLT puts lately. Partially just o hide out from these equity prices. If it doesn't bounce some, and I don't roll I will be buying a minimum 500/SH a week for awhile.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 11:49 AM)rayray Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 11:45 AM)I’m stockguru Wrote: Are people still in the oil names? We’re around $71 now for oil. Seems like the run may be over heading into an election year. XOM warned today over the next few quarters. How are you all playing the sector? Just curious?

XOM is my only big oil investment, it’s in my top 10 holdings, hasn’t moved the needle in a while and I’ve trimmed once probably should have trimmed at 119 but didn’t. I’ll coast with it.
Coasting is probably good.  I expect a better last half of the year for the crude markets but I don't see a big run in the stocks for now.

(07-06-2023, 04:21 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 11:49 AM)rayray Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 11:45 AM)I’m stockguru Wrote: Are people still in the oil names? We’re around $71 now for oil. Seems like the run may be over heading into an election year. XOM warned today over the next few quarters. How are you all playing the sector? Just curious?

Coasting is probably good.  I expect a better last half of the year for the crude markets but I don't see a big run in the stocks for now.

sometimes when you don't know what to do the best thing is to sit on your ass and do nothing, i do that a lot lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-07-2023

Bought 5 shares of REGN just for fun. Always wanted to own and got a big dip!

Added TLT, ELV and VGK

New position in NVEC