Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 06-23-2023

Added CVX and TROW (Yields very nice at these levels)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 06-23-2023

Used pooled dividends to add another share of DG.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 06-24-2023

(06-23-2023, 01:11 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I completed my regular monthly purchase of BAM earlier this week. Smile
Still maybe another year or two of buying it monthly with a small amount.

did you own BAM prior to the BAM/BN spinoff?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 06-24-2023

(06-17-2023, 07:52 AM)poneyboy Wrote:
(06-17-2023, 07:02 AM)rayray Wrote: added to UNH & ELV

sold some IIPR for tax loss harvesting against capital gains

I've become tech heavy--even though i took some profits off the top NVDA has become #1 in my personal portfolio

i don't have a major issue with IIPR, SQ in particular but it's what i have to do in order to rebalance

i'm a buy and hold investor by nature but i see the benefits of taking advantage of strategically buying and selling

Tech is way, way over BOUGHT and over valued. Some are up 30-40% in just 3 weeks lol. At some point the rotation will happen. Maybe tech will keep running another 40% from here. Wo really knows lol, 

The only tech I hold are MSFT, AMZN, AAPL, ORCL, KLAC and GOOG

I'm planning to trim some tech early next week and put proceeds into low beta names with good yields

I just bought IIPR. I think its one of those undervalued names you want. I have been adding to beaten down names like IIPR, CVS, BMY, UNH, EOG, EXR ect. These all fit my investment theses 

For every seller there's a buyer Wink

i had to sell IIPR to offset capital gains, there was no choice

my proceeds have been primarily going towards UNH--ELV--DE, i have added to GOOGL and AMZN within the last few weeks

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 06-25-2023

(06-24-2023, 07:50 AM)rayray Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 01:11 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I completed my regular monthly purchase of BAM earlier this week. Smile
Still maybe another year or two of buying it monthly with a small amount.

did you own BAM prior to the BAM/BN spinoff?

No. I was interested in it for a long time, and regularly did some reading on it, but it was extremely complicated to understand (I still don't fully understand how BN works) and the yield was always very low. 

I think the spinoff fixes a lot of the issues that stopped me from buying before. This new BAM gives me exposure to the Brookfield empire but it's much easier to understand, the dividend yield is good, and while its earnings are of course impacted by the value of assets held under BN, there is no direct exposure to the assets since BAM has pretty much only zeroes on their balance sheet.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 06-26-2023

Added JNJ and AMGN

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 06-26-2023

Added DG, RTX and JNJ

Sold ADBE

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 06-27-2023

New positions in AWK and BND

Added to SBUX and TLT.

With SBUX hoping to have a full position soon. I sold some back at $113 and am rebuying those shares now at $97.75

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 06-27-2023

Added ELV, DHR, CVS, ITA and DG

And finally decided to invest in crypto with an ETF

PFE on watch list. Don't own

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 06-27-2023

(06-27-2023, 11:02 AM)ConnerM Wrote: Added ELV, DHR, CVS, ITA and DG

And finally decided to invest in crypto with an ETF

PFE on watch list. Don't own

I like the ELV and DG buys. I have been adding slowly into ELV since the UNH news. 

PFE just not a name I buy. Reminds me of VZ. Mine as well just buy a bond etf or put that money in TLT

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 06-28-2023

Added on XEL, a position I just started not too long ago. Also added SBUX.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 06-28-2023

Any takers on WBA at these prices? My position is old and very small. Considering improving my metrics with a small buy.