Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-13-2023

Stacking cash, and some long positions are somewhat hedged with CCs. We'll see how the next few months play out. For now 4.75% bond yields for better or worse.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 04-14-2023

Bought GOLD and NEM

I think gold heads much higher from here. The market is way ahead of itself right now, and numbers still need to come way down. Fake rally in my mind Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 04-14-2023

Bought SCHW and CVS

Too of the best bargains I can find right now

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 04-15-2023

within the last week i added to

google
amzn
tsla
bx
bam
bn
iipr

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 04-17-2023

Added more SCHW at $48.70 pre market

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 04-17-2023

I think today might be a good one to get my 401k into cash (stable value fund, not a withdrawal), until at least the debt ceiling crisis is over. Thoughts?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 04-17-2023

Added MTB as well. Can you say short squeeze

I think if you buy the right banks you will do very well thus year.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 04-17-2023

Added MTB this morning on the dip.

New position in CBRL. One of my family's fav places to eat. Stock is way over sold here and back to November levels. Figured it was a good price to start. 4.58% yield is now as well

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 04-18-2023

Added some HON.
I've owned this for what feels like an eternity and I think it'll be a good name to hold on for several decades more.
Not exactly great value just yet, but I don't think I've added to this position more than once or twice since covid.

Also made a tiny add to IIPR.
I do think they are in real trouble here with the tenant problems. But a tiny add felt like the right thing to do here, if the tenants can sort themselves out then this is a good dividend growth company with a 10% starting yield.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 04-18-2023

(04-17-2023, 09:27 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I think today might be a good one to get my 401k into cash (stable value fund, not a withdrawal), until at least the debt ceiling crisis is over.  Thoughts?

i'm not a fan of moving in and out of the market--hind sight is 20/20 and there have been plenty of times of "oh man only if i did this in the market"

another take is no one has ever gone broke taking a little profit off the top

the correct answer??

Be PRUDENT, whatever you decide to do know why you're doing it with the intent of a clearly defined future purpose--in other words--have a plan

i never know what the right answer is and i'm always late to the game so i ride the tide--and i'm greedy--i'm always like oh just a little more and i'll do this...i always lift the bar a little higher, it's never ending

good luck

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 04-18-2023

(04-18-2023, 05:03 AM)rayray Wrote:
(04-17-2023, 09:27 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I think today might be a good one to get my 401k into cash (stable value fund, not a withdrawal), until at least the debt ceiling crisis is over.  Thoughts?

i'm not a fan of moving in and out of the market--hind sight is 20/20 and there have been plenty of times of "oh man only if i did this in the market"

the correct answer??

Be PRUDENT, whatever you decide to do know why you're doing it with the intent of a clearly defined future purpose--in other words--have a plan

i never know what the right answer is and i'm always late to the game so i ride the tide--and i'm greedy--i'm always like oh just a little more and i'll do this...i always lift the bar a little higher, it's never ending

good luck

This is a special situation.  Saying, "I will go to cash now and go back in when the recession is over" is much more difficult; the recession never seems to arrive, not all recessions tank the market, and knowing when to get back in is just as tricky.  Here we know that in June, the US government may default on its loans unless a deal is struck, and the Speaker of the House can't keep his job and make a deal.  I am thinking that the risk here in the market tanking is higher than any gain in the next two months.  That said, I thought long and hard about it yesterday but didn't pull the trigger. But I'm monitoring the situation daily.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 04-18-2023

(04-18-2023, 07:46 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 05:03 AM)rayray Wrote:

the correct answer??

good luck

This is a special situation.  Saying, "I will go to cash now and go back in when the recession is over" is much more difficult; the recession never seems to arrive, not all recessions tank the market, and knowing when to get back in is just as tricky.  Here we know that in June, the US government may default on its loans unless a deal is struck, and the Speaker of the House can't keep his job and make a deal.  I am thinking that the risk here in the market tanking is higher than any gain in the next two months.  That said, I thought long and hard about it yesterday but didn't pull the trigger.  But I'm monitoring the situation daily.

Were already in a recession but the market always looks ahead. You can tell by the rally the market and the word the fed has things under control. Maybe one more rate hike and were done. (Just rumors) 

But quite frankly, the money keeps pouring out of the market at a high rate. I think a lot of investors want safety now, because of the crooks and powers to be on Wall Street. The market has gone up on very light volume. To me numbers are still way too high and the growth is less then 3%. So companies will continue to cut back and more layoffs to come. 

My question is why play the market when you can get that guaranteed 4.5-5% yield in the bank? That's the question you need to ask yourself.