Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 03-08-2023

sold GPN

added UNH

GPN was a very small position, more of a test then anything, decided to get rid of it since i already own MA and V

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 03-09-2023

Added a few more shares of OZK with my pooled dividends.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-09-2023

Anyone own SIVB? Wow down huge. $164 crazy!!

I don’t want to touch any Banks at this point Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 03-10-2023

So glad I'm not in any banks. Its a massacre that will only get worse.

I'm glad this is happening. Now they can clean up this market and be done with crypto and the scam it was

I did add some PEP, JNJ and AMGN

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 03-10-2023

Added MDT, SBUX, ADP and STWD (new position in IRA). Sold TSM put.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 03-10-2023

The last two days have been brutal.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-10-2023

Sell it all now and open up an account from citizen and collect 5% yield. Seems like the safe betWink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 03-11-2023

well--that was a bumpy ride

i've been busy doing some taxes and moving money around so i didn't buy anything--wasn't really paying attention

use to have a decent amount in the big 5 canadian banks plus wells fargo--but sold out a while back about 2 years ago or there abouts

lot's of analyst buys coming up on the stock screens i use, but only one "strong buy" listed out of thousands of stocks and it says it's GOOG

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 03-11-2023

I fed to Bac and oxy decent sizes.

Added little to cvs, ci, bmy, didiy, baba, Amt, Trow. covered some bear call spreads.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-12-2023

Re-entered BAC and USB. Prepared to average down some then just hold. Treasuries remain my largest position.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-13-2023

(03-12-2023, 11:31 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Re-entered BAC and USB.  Prepared to average down some then just hold.  Treasuries remain my largest position.

You will be able to buy BAC under $20 soon Wink

Boy banks are in big trouble. At some point they will be a buy. But right now just too much heat

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 03-13-2023

I learned something new about dividend investing this morning. ZIM just announced their earnings and dividend payout.

2022 Dividends
In accordance with the Company's dividend policy, ZIM's Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of approximately $769 million, or $6.40 per ordinary share. Together with prior dividend distributions made on account of 2022, dividend distributions for the year totaled approximately 44% of the year's net income. The dividend will be paid on April 3, 2023, to holders of ZIM ordinary shares as of March 24, 2023. Since the foregoing declared dividend amount per share constitutes more than 25% of the Company's ordinary share price on the declaration date (March 13, 2023), per the instructions of the NYSE, the ex-dividend date with respect to this dividend distribution will be April 4, 2023. Shareholders who wish to receive the dividend must hold their ZIM shares until the ex-dividend date.

That's wild! I've never seen this scenario before where the ex-dividend date is after the payout date.