Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 10:25 AM)rayray Wrote: Tesla is building robots in a cars skin

That's really sticking with me.  I'll have to read up on them.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-07-2023

Added DVN, CVX and PXD

Why because oil is still in the sweet spot and has come down to levels I will own them. We are at 77 and our can see $90-100 a barrel again. China is a big part of that.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 11:26 AM)vbin Wrote: Added cvs and tiny bit BMY

Just curious on why CVS? It’s still very expensive at a PE of 36. If they miss on earnings Thursday could go down another 12-15%. I do like BMY. 

Any thoughts on TSN? At a 52 week low and has a yield of 2% and PE less then 8 now. I understand rising beef costs is a concern. But they will get it right and fix it. Why not buy before that happens.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:48 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 11:26 AM)vbin Wrote: Added cvs and tiny bit BMY

Just curious on why CVS? It’s still very expensive at a PE of 36. If they miss on earnings Thursday could go down another 12-15%. I do like BMY. 

Any thoughts on TSN? At a 52 week low and has a yield of 2% and PE less then 8 now. I understand rising beef costs is a concern. But they will get it right and fix it. Why not buy before that happens.

TSN will require a little patience but this is a good enough entry.  Not sure the FWD PE is currently accurate but close enough in a quarter or two.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 02:53 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 10:25 AM)rayray Wrote: Tesla is building robots in a cars skin

That's really sticking with me.  I'll have to read up on them.

it's the whole ecosystem, the data collected and for how many years now, all those miles driven?? we all talk about google's, amazon's and apple's databases but what about tesla's database??

the camera's never shut off, they go into sleep mode but never shut off--if one walks up to a tesla that person or whatever is recorded--if you're recorded you're in tesla's database

if a tesla car is stolen, it will tell the police where they're located--it just might be the hardest car to steal

let's not forget their built from the ground up, in-house!! super computer Dojo--it's currently 5th most powerful computer--they'll soon have the most powerful computer in the world

battery production

solar

energy storage

tesla bot

just to name a few things

tesla will have robots building robots that build their cars

they'll also let other companies use their technology to advance their business

someone needs to explain to me how tesla can be looked at as an automaker cause i don't know of any automaker that does what tesla does

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-08-2023

Added GOOG under $101

It’s my 4th largest holding and pretty much the only tech stock I’m buying. Add revs will pick up and the stock is cheap and still growing at a large clip.

New positions in TSN and DUK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-08-2023

Bought ENPH on the morning dip.

Those were fantastic earnings and its one the biggest growers in the market.

Added to GOOG as well

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 02-08-2023

Initial position into TSN. Near it's 52 week low.

Added to GOODN & CZNC this was to make them into an even 100 share lot so they can be eligible for option selling.

Added to IP. Underweight position that was at a decent price.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 09:43 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added GOOG under $101

It’s my 4th largest holding and pretty much the only tech stock I’m buying. Add revs will pick up and the stock is cheap and still growing at a large clip.

That GOOGL dip looked tempting.  The PR event oops was embarrassing, but that dip was a little harsh.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 04:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 09:43 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added GOOG under $101

That GOOGL dip looked tempting.  The PR event oops was embarrassing, but that dip was a little harsh.

It has nothing to do with the PR. It was announcement of MSFT and Bing 

I mean who uses Bing lol. No one. Talk about a overreaction 

I added twice to GOOG this afternoon

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-09-2023

(02-07-2023, 09:02 PM)rayray Wrote: someone needs to explain to me how tesla can be looked at as an automaker cause i don't know of any automaker that does what tesla does

With all these robotics & battery technologies, are they actually selling anything other than cars?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 02-09-2023

Added GOOG and ENPH

Added to these names because I already own and am close to a full position. This BING news is crazy. MSFT will barley put a dent in google search engine. Once again the media will do all they can to take this company down. Meanwhile I will keep adding.

ENPH has its best quarter and is one of the top growth stocks out there. That conference call was one for the ages. Very bullish and they announced they would be adding six manufacturing lines for its microinverters as a result of the IRA.

New positions in BILL and IFF

IFF is just one of those names when it gets down to these levels you buy for a bounce. And I like the personal care business. This company is well-poised to benefit from the increasing demand for various consumer products containing flavors and fragrances. And the dividend is back over 3%

BILL is one I have always liked and it got punished after a great quarter last week. This is a payment software company that increased revs by 66%. One of those young business I'm buying for the future. During the conference call they stated it expects to generate up to $1 billion in revenue during fiscal 2023, and if it hits the mark, it would represent a 15-fold increase from fiscal 2018.

So I'm slowly getting back into tech and growth names.