Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-05-2021

(10-05-2021, 10:25 AM)vbin Wrote: Sold calls on DTLR, LMT, trying to sell a CI call.

Puts on pltr.

I like those moves.  Those stocks won't run away from youo and make you regret it much.

Just closed the index ETF puts I mostly sold yesterday. SPY-QQQ-IWM. I'm turning into a day trader lately but the almost daily market mood swings are allowing me to walk it down to a good long entry soon, and get paid cash along the way.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-06-2021

Sold puts in cvs, mck, xlu

Munger doubled down on BABA

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-06-2021

(10-06-2021, 10:21 AM)vbin Wrote: Sold puts in cvs, mck, xlu

Munger doubled down on BABA
His mind was bound to go at some point.  Smile

Resold the IWM put I sold and bought earlier this week and bought back yesterday.  I'm not against recycling good ideas.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 10-06-2021

Lesson learned about needing to have some of your port in cash at nearly all times. I wish I could take advantage of these phenomenal sales. Eying my emergency fund ... but no.

(Although interestingly, I know there were some folks wanting to get into ARCC on a dip. Despite the rest of the market tanking, it has remained rock solid at 20-something.)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-06-2021

(10-06-2021, 01:15 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Lesson learned about needing to have some of your port in cash at nearly all times.  I wish I cld take advantage of these phenomenal sales.  Eying my emergency fund ... but no.

(Although interestingly, I know there were some folks wanting to get into ARCC on a dip.  Despite the rest of the market tanking, it has remained rock solid at 20-something.)ing 
I've been preaching this for years Ken.  Dips pull all our ports down some.  It's been a long wait but when you can buy stocks at 6+ month ago prices it takes the sting off missing gains that evaporated anyway.  Gotta stay mostly invested but there are times when you know it's time to be less greedy.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 10-06-2021

added to

ADBE
BF/B
DIS
ISRG
MO
MU
PG
T
TSM

and also redeployed cash back into company stock and mutual fund/etf investments

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-07-2021

Sold a CI call.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-07-2021

Decided to go on a buying spree yesterday and buy some of the companies that I always wanted to and just never did and finally got a dip lol. Just 10-15 shares each for fun Wink

New positions in ADSK, CRL, REGN, COO, ANET, CRWD, LRCX, VGT
Added TROW, MED, ABBV, CI and BX as well.

Trimmed some UTES and Oil today.

Have a few more names on my list would like to take new positions in but waiting for bigger dips.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-07-2021

(10-07-2021, 11:07 AM)divmenow Wrote: Decided to go on a buying spree yesterday and buy some of the companies that I always wanted to and just never did and finally got a dip lol. Just 10-15 shares each for fun Wink

New positions in ADSK, CRL, REGN, COO, ANET, CRWD, LRCX, VGT  
Added TROW, MED, ABBV, CI and BX as well.

Trimmed some UTES and Oil today.

Have a few more names on my list would like to take new positions in but waiting for bigger dips.
First of all nice relief rally.  Hope everybody's port is a little more enjoyable to look at today.  

I like some of those buys.  I've sold several hundred K worth of puts the past 2-3 weeks and had the chance to close most of them for about a 90% profit or more.  Dumped all my tech at the beginning of the dip and only bought back about 75% of what I desire so far.  We'll see if I missed the bus on that.  It's always a gamble when you try to time the market in a major way.  Still counting on choppy earnings to give me a shot to re-enter some on my watch list.   

I am re-accumulating UTEs but very slowly.  Chances of a dip is high when rates run up some which seems inevitable.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-08-2021

BMY right near a 52 week low now. This stock has been very disappointing.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 09:39 AM)stockguru Wrote: BMY right near a 52 week low now. This stock has been very disappointing.

It certainly has.  Considered by a lot of smart value investors  to be undervalued when it was at $65.  I bought many of my shares at $50 or less years a ago and I am still about even on my long position. There are political reasons to think pharma will remain under pressure but this seems overdone.  I may add a little more but I'm about at my exposure limit. Even if you want to dump BMY you'll regret not waiting for it to bounce some. It's getting way oversold and the news hasn't been all that bad IMO.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-08-2021

Most of the pharma, healthcare is undervalued. Cah, bmy, ci. These companies generate great cash flows. At these levels, it would be great if they come up with buybacks.