Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-01-2021

Since we are BSing.....

Sounds like you have a solid business Mike, and heck yeah you need a crew for that many units. You sound like a good landlord as well. They are customers and should be treated as such until they betray the trust. I only had one episode. My brother was the flipside. He had a couple rentals in the hood. He would tell the tenants I will have you out in a week if you don't pay. Iowa courts were landlord friendly and that wasn't far from the truth. Half my tenants were licensed tradesmen. Thy would make repairs without permission at times. They liked my rent and I kept it that way for good tenants.

I was just suggesting Ken be a little hands on starting out. Don't give away all the cashflow. I've had a few friends that started off in rentals and house flipping. They hired out everything and didn't last long. After you "scale up", then you can have a trusted crew. If you have one or two units and you are incapable or too lazy to change out a door lockset or a toilet flapper valve this business probably isn't for you.

I bought nothing after HAS at the open. I'm not sure where the market is heading. The infrastructure package is surely a big deal, but there is a lot in there to move sectors in both directions so I just don't know. I really don't see common ground within the DEM party right now. They are miles apart even if they say different.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-04-2021

Restarted my QQQ ETF today after selling all of my mutuals a few weeks ago. QQQ because it's hard to nibble on shares like GOOGL that cost $3K each.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 10-04-2021

Started a new position in Crescent Point Energy Corp. (CPG)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-04-2021

(10-04-2021, 10:07 AM)EricL Wrote: Started a new position in Crescent Point Energy Corp. (CPG)
Out of all the energy why cpg Eric?

Value investing starting to look very good finally. DGI investprs are looking good if you didn't chase the PEs the past 6 months.

This place is way too slow. I am heading over to Reddit now for quality stock advice. I am very disappointed in my DGF friends. It's on your conscience when I start buying Game Stop calls tomorrow.

Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 10-04-2021

(10-04-2021, 02:15 PM)fenders53 Wrote: This place is way too slow.  I am heading over to Reddit now for quality stock advice.  I am very disappointed in my DGF friends. It's on your conscience when I start buying Game Stop calls tomorrow.

Smile

There's always tobacco!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-05-2021

Added a bit of LMT yesterday.
Everyone is excited about red days but basically nothing in my portfolio is going down significantly. Or they are up such ridiculous amounts (like banks for example) that after a few percentages down they are still 20% higher than where I will consider buying again. I guess that would seem like a good thing but I would love to also have something other than LMT to buy! JNJ isn't looking too bad either, I guess that'll be the next one I nibble on.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-05-2021

Yeah my port is pretty defensive so most of them don't qualify as beaten down.  I definitely have a few but I am heavily weighted in the sector.  Most everything getting truly beaten up is clearly speculative or was way overvalued so you aren't getting a deal unless they get crushed.

There are plenty of deals if you don't already own them.  I am slowly parking cash in QQQ.  I could possibly move that to a few tech stocks later.  I remain confident some companies are going to cause uncertainty with forward earnings guidance.  When you have 150 container ships unable to offload just in LA, somebody is going to have a rough quarter and it will be soon.  They have little idea if this improves in 6 weeks or 6 months.

Or am I just overthinking this, earnings will be wonderful and supply chain issues are just bunk?  It's not like F is crashing to my amazement.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 10-05-2021

(10-05-2021, 07:46 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Or am I just overthinking this, earnings will be wonderful and supply chain issues are just bunk?  It's not like F is crashing to my amazement.

Hard to overthink in an economy as scrambled as this one. My own guess is that the supply chain issues are going to take longer to sort than I (at least) previously imagined. But no easy task figuring out which companies will weather it best.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-05-2021

(10-05-2021, 09:56 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 07:46 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Or am I just overthinking this, earnings will be wonderful and supply chain issues are just bunk?  It's not like F is crashing to my amazement.

Hard to overthink in an economy as scrambled as this one. My own guess is that the supply chain issues are going to take longer to sort than I (at least) previously imagined. But no easy task figuring out which companies will weather it best.
I only see my own little part of retail.  I don't get out much other than a few days a week to HD to sell some custom doors I can't get for 16 weeks.  HD just bought their first container ship.  Lumber stacked to the ceiling and short on very common plastic stuff like electrical conduit.  As long as tools arrive in time for Christmas presents I see little issue.  Meanwhile my DG stock is getting crushed and other general merchandisers have already warned.  Just spoke to a guy who found a Toyota Highlander SUV he wanted.  Those aren't that rare normally.  The only one available anywhere near his desired package within 600 miles.  And only $61K for a decked out soccer Mom van lol.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 10-05-2021

Sold calls on DTLR, LMT, trying to sell a CI call.

Puts on pltr.