Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 11-02-2022

Added TROW at $106 and WHR at $136 this morning. This was about half my available cash. Will likely spend the rest before the end of the week. Could be on one or both of those or something else depending on prices.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 01:43 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Took a sizable position in GOOG. I'm not waiting to buy like Fenders. I have waited since $120 and now get to add under $90. You have to buy these growth stocks at some point because before you know it, you missed the boat.

And I don't believe you sold at $105 Wink  Why bother selling at $105 your just going to re-buy at $100. Mine as well buy at $89.60 now lol

You missed the point. I don't catch too many knives.  Learned that lesson a long time ago. Write back after you retire early. OK that was mean. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 03:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 01:43 PM)poneyboy Wrote: Took a sizable position in GOOG. I'm not waiting to buy like Fenders. I have waited since $120 and now get to add under $90. You have to buy these growth stocks at some point because before you know it, you missed the boat.

And I don't believe you sold at $105 Wink  Why bother selling at $105 your just going to re-buy at $100. Mine as well buy at $89.60 now lol

You missed the point. I don't catch too many knives.  Learned that lesson a long time ago. Write back after you retire early. OK that was mean. Smile

I don’t think pony is thinking about retirement anytime soon. He’s only 24 lol. 

And there’s nothing wrong with buying GOOG here when you have 30 years to hold it ;Wink

Tech at some point is going to come roaring back.  The AMZN, GOOG and META of the world be a lot higher 2-3 years from now. 

I always thought buying lower was a good thing. We all talk about buying stocks here and buying when there on sale. Well we got a fire sale now, and the buying here is very light of late.

I know for a fact many here bought tech much much higher. Got to love the prices now. And I’m talking about the ones who are making money.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-03-2022

(11-02-2022, 08:05 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 03:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I don’t think pony is thinking about retirement anytime soon. He’s only 24 lol. 

And there’s nothing wrong with buying GOOG here when you have 30 years to hold it ;Wink

Tech at some point is going to come roaring back.  The AMZN, GOOG and META of the world be a lot higher 2-3 years from now. 

I always thought buying lower was a good thing. We all talk about buying stocks here and buying when there on sale. Well we got a fire sale now, and the buying here is very light of late.

I know for a fact many here bought tech much much higher. Got to love the prices now. And I’m talking about the ones who are making money.
You are correct of course.  I ducked out of tech in January.  Bought back into QQQ the last two dips.  I usually hide out in the indexes when all hell breaks loose.  I have no idea which tech is going to blow earnings yet.  I am still underweight tech.  I will get back into some individual tech stocks more seriously when they stop being knives.  Don't care if I catch them on the way back up.  I prefer that to being down 20% from here.  If I miss GOOGL, oh well.  Pretty sure there is some of that in QQQ.  My port was down 2% off ATH before Cousin Jerome opened his cake hole yesterday.  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 11-03-2022

The tale of two tapes

CMI and ZTS down huge and APD up big

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 11-03-2022

Re-opened a position in GOOGL at $85.55.

Seems a decent place to start buying again.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-03-2022

Finally decided to pull the trigger and buy SWK at $70.80. Probably not the bottom but

Added a few GOOG. Yes its a fallen knife but if you buy in slowly and dollar cost average in here; its a good start. GOOG I wont lose sleep over at these levels Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 11-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 09:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: Finally decided to pull the trigger and buy SWK at $70.80. Probably not the bottom but

Added a few GOOG. Yes its a fallen knife but if you buy in slowly and dollar cost average in here; its a good start. GOOG I wont lose sleep over at these levels Wink
You are going to wait a couple or five quarters on SWK but I have so many friends WAAAY underwater.  I have been listening to earnings calls for over a year.  It's been the perfect storm.  They have made reasonable decisions and everyone of them has blown up in their face so far.  They have about $2B in inventory to dump before its obsolete so hopefully they can get a good start on that this quarter even if they have to kill their margins even more to do it.  I have been dancing with put sells for six months. I do think this is a decent entry.  When the market gets happy it will pay off.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 11-04-2022

Added 25 META

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 11-04-2022

Bought some META and AMZN

I'm slowly building up some tech positions now

Bought some PUTS on SBUX at $92

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 11-04-2022

New position in UPS. Seems to be basing here nicely

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 11-04-2022

added

amzn/aapl/tsla/adbe

hope everyone has been well!