Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 10-14-2022

(10-11-2022, 11:38 AM)kblake Wrote: Trimmed O today as I'm afraid these kind of stocks are headed lower since you can now get a CD that pays nearly 5%

I see 3.5 percent all over the place, and I know they'll keep rising in the near term, but where can you currently get a 5 percent CD??

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 10-14-2022

(10-14-2022, 09:36 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 11:38 AM)kblake Wrote: Trimmed O today as I'm afraid these kind of stocks are headed lower since you can now get a CD that pays nearly 5%

I see 3.5 percent all over the place, and I know they'll keep rising in the near term, but where can you currently get a 5 percent CD??

4% at my bank for 5 years. And that's guaranteed. But I am hearing they will reach as high at 5% in the coming year. 

To me CD's are a great way to keep your money safe. Just look at all those monthly paying dividend stocks that are now at 52 week lows. 

My point is people are pulling money out of the market and going into banknotes and CD'S. Especially the ones that are retired or close to it.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 10-14-2022

Added some GNRC.

I know they are having issues over the Pink Energy case. But this shall pass.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 10-14-2022

(10-14-2022, 10:35 AM)kblake Wrote:

4% at my bank for 5 years. And that's guaranteed. But I am hearing they will reach as high at 5% in the coming year. 

To me CD's are a great way to keep your money safe. Just look at all those monthly paying dividend stocks that are now at 52 week lows. 

My point is people are pulling money out of the market and going into banknotes and CD'S. Especially the ones that are retired or close to it.
Investment limits of $10k/yr but I Bonds at TreasuryDirect currently yielding ~10%.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 10-14-2022

KLAC nibble at $265. Have a couple of other LBOs that I doubt fill.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-15-2022

I am re-entering O.  I can't trade everything, and history says I can crush CD returns over time so that remains the plan.  Even retired.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-15-2022

(10-14-2022, 10:53 AM)kblake Wrote: Added some GNRC.

I know they are having issues over the Pink Energy case. But this shall pass.
My worst stock for 2022 but they will be OK be eventually.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 10-15-2022

I've been nibbling O as well...

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-15-2022

O will be just fine. Just keep in mind these type of stocks do not do well in this current environment. I can see it bottoming in the mid $45-$46 range. That’s about where it was the last time the fed went nuts with rising rates. In the meantime build up that position and collect those monthly dividends. Great company and it’s on sale, like many other high quality names.

GNRC is getting very interesting at these levels. Forward pe right around 15 now which is good time to start building a position. My question is why has some of the top executives been leaving in recent weeks? And Pink Energy bankruptcy is a big reason why it’s down, but a huge over reaction. Now they have to offer warranties on all the units they installed. The hurricane damage in Florida will only help sales. I added some on Friday.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-17-2022

I trimmed a lot of positions this morning and will wait patiently for better prices.

I did take a new position in MKC, PPL and ZTS

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-17-2022

(10-17-2022, 08:43 AM)stockguru Wrote: I trimmed a lot of positions this morning and will wait patiently for better prices.

That doesn't sound like a bad move at all.
Somehow this rally seems a bit too enthusiastic. I usually get my weekly buy order in on Mondays since I do not like to try to time the market. But right now I've got a feeling that I can probably get a better deal in a couple of days. Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 10-17-2022

(10-17-2022, 08:43 AM)stockguru Wrote: I trimmed a lot of positions this morning and will wait patiently for better prices.

I did take a new position in MKC, PPL and ZTS

Probably a smart idea. In a bear market we always have a 1 day rally followed by heavy selling. I'm probably going to do the same today and free up some cash

But I did add to STAG