Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-04-2022

(10-03-2022, 08:39 PM)divmenow Wrote: What’s gets me is so many were buying tech stocks on here at much much higher levels.  I thought TECH was the future Wink Where’s all the bargain hunters??

Instead I see a buy of SPIR. That’s a penny stock. Come on people lol

SPIR is as technology focused as it gets, and is trading at an all time low. If that doesn't fit your definition of bargain hunting in the technology sector, then I don't know what does. So make up your mind.  Tongue

Many people here have kept constantly adding to tech also. We just don't add to Meta since that company has been on it's way out ever since the data leak made people realize just how much Facebook gathers data.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 10-04-2022

(10-03-2022, 10:43 PM)stockguru Wrote: SPIR? Why full with junk when you can buy quality names on sale. That name may be delisted soon Wink  I can’t remember the last time I bought $1 stock. Rather just play the lottery! All kidding aside. Hope it works out for you.

SPIR is not junk, that is why. They have a solid business plan, they have the largest data satellite infrastructure around this planet and the government contracts are starting to drop in. (4 different US government agency contracts signed during September, some of these were extensions to old ones)

Revenue, consisting almost entirely of longer term contracts rather than one time items, is still soaring. Currently the market cap is only 2x of their annual recurring revenue. (so essentially revenue that is guaranteed to come in based on existing contracts) I don't need to explain how low that is.

The main issue here is that it's super expensive to build a satellite network and the delay between spending all that capital and getting it back through long-term contracts is long. They will probably need to secure some more funding before they turn cash flow positive, so bankruptcy is a real option if they can't get that done.

So no, it's not a "lol I see a $1. I'll buy it because it's cheap" play. It's a company with potential (and massive risks too) which is trading at a very low valuation right now. In 10 years this will either be a very profitable company, or bankrupt. I don't think there is anything in-between.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 10-04-2022

Added GNRC, FDX, O and GOOG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-04-2022

New position in MAIN

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-04-2022

Trimmed a few more oil names and took new positions in BAM, BXP, BNS, AAP and FDX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 02:26 PM)divmenow Wrote: Trimmed a few more oil names and took new positions in BAM, BXP, BNS, AAP and FDX

Nice buys. All trading below there historic PE levels. 

BNS and BXP I may need to take positions tomorrow. 

Any thoughts on AMD?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-04-2022

This place has gotten mean so I might as well join in lol. Sold some MAIN today. Seriously lol. I loaded up in my BDCs about the last five days of the MAIN dip. Intentionally went overweight in the end hoping I would get a pop so I could trim my $35 shares. Worked out this time. This month has had some epic swings in my port. I am still almost 3% down YTD but the daily swings have been wild. Only thing that has saved me is oil, and the zillion options I sell against my oil every week. Some of my other holdings have just suffered all year but haven't given up on too many..

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 10-05-2022

Added more MAIN, and few GNRC

New positions in BXP and SMG and some TSLA. TSLA just to say I own it lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 10-05-2022

Added GNRC, SWKS and PM

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-05-2022

Added WEC and DUK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 10-05-2022

Sold a WEC put. Hoping to pounce on the real UTE bottom if the 10yr T spikes again. About close enough now.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 10-05-2022

(10-05-2022, 02:14 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold a WEC put.  Hoping to pounce on the real UTE bottom if the 10yr T spikes again.  About close enough now.

Yeah I’m not worried about getting it 2-3 dollars cheaper lol. I like the entry right here. I have been waiting for the big dip in UTES and we got that.  I’m not going to get greedy here Wink