Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 08-08-2022

So how does NVAX lose -$6.55 when you were supposed to make $5.55 a share , the law suits will continue. Down $18 after hours

Glad I sold a long time ago when it was being pumped. No one owns that name here correct?

BNTX down big today; MRNA probably next

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 08-09-2022

(08-08-2022, 05:30 PM)stockguru Wrote: So how does NVAX lose -$6.55 when you were supposed to make $5.55 a share , the law suits will continue. Down $18 after hours

Glad I sold a long time ago when it was being pumped. No one owns that name here correct?

BNTX down big today; MRNA probably next
No but I read a lot of NVAX pumps while it hit continuous delays in getting approvals. Seemed to me PFE and MRNA had already stolen the show.  Their are plenty of people afraid to get vaxxed. It would seem to me if you were going to do it, might as well choose one that didn't seem to harm your friends right?  Just my non-medical thoughts.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 08-09-2022

Anyone owns med? Thoughts? Thinking to start a position. Looks oversold and margin of safety built in at these levels.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 10:02 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone owns med? Thoughts? Thinking to start a position. Looks oversold and margin of safety built in at these levels.

Yes it’s now my 2nd largest holding and bought 3 times today under $30 lol 

Yield is now 4.3%

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 11:01 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 10:02 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone owns med? Thoughts? Thinking to start a position. Looks oversold and margin of safety built in at these levels.

Yield is now 4.3%

The current yield is actually 5.13%.

MED raised the dividend by 15% in March.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 11:52 AM)EricL Wrote:

Yield is now 4.3%

Thank you, it’s been on my watch list m. Haven’t been following seriously but the sell off seems to be a bit too much.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 11:52 AM)EricL Wrote:

Yield is now 4.3%

Why is the yield so high?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 08-10-2022

I looked into MED a couple of days ago, due to everyone here buying.

I decided to not buy right now.
Is it cheap? Yes, definitely. The revenue growth is certainly there, but looks like the EPS growth is not there anymore. And that is very worrisome. They may have benefitted greatly from the covid lockdowns but that story is over. Also the same old story (as with many profitable growth companies) where a ton of money is pushed into share repurchases but it doesn't really lower the amount of outstanding shares.

But the main issue for me? The business model. Some sort of a "get thin and start a good life" mentorship program? I just feel that is way too 90's. The time of door to door salesmen and Tupperware parties is over.

I still love the revenue growth coupled with cheap valuation and a good dividend. So I'll keep my eyes on this.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 08-10-2022

Trimmed DE and took a large position in MED

And crimson has no idea how MED works. This is a billion dollar company that has helped millions of people lose weight. This is the best program out there and has helped many people that are close to me. This aint no door to door service Wink I suggest you more homework lol

It's not just a mentor program. They market a ton of great products under the OPTAVIA name. From my sister in law who use to weigh 380 lbs this saved her life and to this day she continues to use. it.

CEO just bought 12,500 yesterday to at $126.80

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 08-10-2022

(08-10-2022, 09:05 AM)kblake Wrote: Trimmed DE and took a large position in MED

And crimson has no idea how MED works. This is a billion dollar company that has helped millions of people lose weight. This is the best program out there and has helped many people that are close to me.  This aint no door to door service Wink I suggest you more homework lol

It's not just a mentor program. They market a ton of great products under the OPTAVIA name.  From my sister in law who use to weigh 380 lbs this saved her life and to this day she continues to use. it.

CEO just bought 12,500 yesterday to at $126.80

I agree. Its definitely the best program out there that works. I know people as well who are involved in Med. Bill Miller just put a piece out and says it one the best plays at current levels. His target is $220. Not that targets mean anything.  Just remember this stocks in thinly traded. But once it turn, will turn fast. They have exceptional growth rate and will be earning over $13 next quarter. That's unheard of these days. Yield is almost 5% now. To me these are the kind of stocks you buy on sale.  .19 peg now lol 

Director also bought 8280 shares. Nice positive. 

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 08-10-2022

Added GOOG, JEPI, MED, LOW, PG and MSFT yesterday

Trimmed some UTES, NOC, MO and etf's

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 08-10-2022

Buy DIS.. There back Smile