Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 08-03-2022

(08-03-2022, 11:13 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 10:52 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 10:38 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Added DVN, TGT and CB as well

I still think oil heads to $125 and is still the best growth in the market. Market is way over bought now.  Oil is not....

DVN just raised it's dividend to $1.55. This is easily an $80+ stock

Trimmed some PEP and DUK
Eventually yes.  I am too fat oil and looking for an exit.  They can't draw from the SPR forever.  By end of year reality will set in that 2023 is going to look similar at the pump. Could be an oil dip in the meantime.  Hey we all need a thesis and that is mine. $125 oil isn't happening in 2022.

Doesn't matter when it happens. But it will.  

Market rally in other sectors wont last. Just a rotation going on and the shorts will come in and knock it down hard. Nothing to justify these moves and pumps. 

OIL is being hit today but a short attack. However the smart investors are buying today. As much as oil has run its still way undervalued compares to other way over valued sectors. Even at $80 a barrel those companies are making a killing. 

I see no other areas to invest in at the moment. SMG looks cheap but its a value trap as is SWK

I have to admit I agree.  I see a lot of warnings and lowered guidance being issued at company reports, and irrational exuberance in the marketplace.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 08-03-2022

Took a big position in MED at $152 after hours

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 08-03-2022

Added MED

It's my second largest holding now

Beat top and bottom line... again... Beat by .64 but did warn of slower second half. But in this environment is was a pretty good damn report. Any price decline from here puts the dividend on the radar of income investors. 4% now. (if it wasn't already due to the dividend growth).

Got some at $152

Thanks Poneyboy. That was was on my radar

I'm sure ERIC will buy some tomorrow Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 08-03-2022

(08-03-2022, 02:25 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 11:13 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 10:52 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 10:38 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Added DVN, TGT and CB as well

I still think oil heads to $125 and is still the best growth in the market. Market is way over bought now.  Oil is not....

DVN just raised it's dividend to $1.55. This is easily an $80+ stock

Trimmed some PEP and DUK
Eventually yes.  I am too fat oil and looking for an exit.  They can't draw from the SPR forever.  By end of year reality will set in that 2023 is going to look similar at the pump. Could be an oil dip in the meantime.  Hey we all need a thesis and that is mine. $125 oil isn't happening in 2022.

Doesn't matter when it happens. But it will.  

Market rally in other sectors wont last. Just a rotation going on and the shorts will come in and knock it down hard. Nothing to justify these moves and pumps. 

OIL is being hit today but a short attack. However the smart investors are buying today. As much as oil has run its still way undervalued compares to other way over valued sectors. Even at $80 a barrel those companies are making a killing. 

I see no other areas to invest in at the moment. SMG looks cheap but its a value trap as is SWK

I have to admit I agree.  I see a lot of warnings and lowered guidance being issued at company reports, and irrational exuberance in the marketplace.
It's pretty nuts right now.  I am just trimming rallies now because it seems sane.  It was the same with oil stock shares.  They got ahead of themselves too, and the shorts took them out.  Never show up late to commodities or you will be holding bags.  Earnings are far better than feared for the SPY though so this was bound to happen.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 08-04-2022

Bought some YETI for fun since I'm a big tailgater lol

Also added SWK, MED, PPG and ABBV

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 08-04-2022

Time to buy TSLA after the 3-1 stock split announcement. Who’s buying 1 share Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 08-05-2022

New position in PXD

Added EOG, APD and JEPI

And I may buy 1 share of TSLA divmenow Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 08-05-2022

Bought 300 MED and some PRU and TRV.

Sold some tech I bought a few weeks back with the runs. I’m down to 2 non dividend paying stocks now.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 12:40 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought 300 MED and some PRU and TRV.

Sold some tech I bought a few weeks back with the runs. I’m down to 2 non dividend paying stocks now.

Nice buys Div.  I added twice to MED. One of the better buys in the market right now. Yield 4%

Added NEM as well. I like at these levels 

Hey Fenders. How about NEE? It's having a great run. I know you sold a while ago under $77 I believe. WEC nice run as well. Not selling just saying  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 01:05 PM)stockguru Wrote:

Nice buys Div.  I added twice to MED. One of the better buys in the market right now. Yield 4%

Hey Fenders. How about NEE? It's having a great run. I know you sold a while ago under $77 I believe. WEC nice run as well. Not selling just saying  Big Grin

After today it’s now my 2nd largest holding. revenue is greater than market cap now. I have never seen that before. I can sit and collect the 3200 in dividends now and watch it climb back to $200 ;Wink

Added EOG this morning and trimmed TROW. Had to much and bought a ton when it was under $109. Still have 150 shares. 

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 08-05-2022

(08-05-2022, 01:05 PM)stockguru Wrote:

You always get my exit price wrong on NEE but thanks for asking.  Smile  I trimmed my UTEs way back about DEC, and you know it's not because I don't love UTEs.  Just because UTEs always get beat up in a rising rate environment.  Except they didn't this time lol.  I only own 300 UTE shares now. WEC and XEL.  I had a double in NEE but I just couldn't stomach the valuation anymore.  XEL is actually unamazing these days but it was my first ten bagger so I will always own at least 100 shares waiting for the big dip that never seems to happen anymore.  I sell covered calls against all my UTEs.  I usually screw up the timing some but so far haven't lost any shares.  

And good to hear from you.  you will always be one of my favorite tormenters.  Big Grin  I will try to check in mid trading day more often.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 08-08-2022

Added LHX. One of the few companies that is down so why not lol