Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-29-2022

(07-28-2022, 07:38 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 06:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 05:10 PM)kblake Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 04:28 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold my AMZN after the big run-up after hours. No way it should even be up after those numbers. There pumping up the names again I see Wink

They had net loss and light guidance for the third quarter

I will wait and add to GOOG.

INTC disappoints yet again. Value trap. I wouldn’t touch that with a 10 foot pole lol

I totally agree on AMZN, No way in hell it should be up $16 on those numbers lol. This is the powers to be pumping it up. Pelosi must have bought yesterday Smile
The market is drunk again.  It won't last too long.  I admit I am shocked how well it is pumping this week.  Trimming where I can.

Same here. I trimmed lots today as well. I think we will get a retest of the lows. I have a feeling the shorts will come in starting tomorrow. 

I see many saying buy buy buy now on many sites. To me that's telling you to stay away  Big Grin
I don't know if we will retest lows or not, though it seems possible the next few months. What I am sure of is nothing changed a couple weeks ago to launch a new bull market.  Not even close.  We have some bad company misses n the pipeline.  I have followed SWK closely for almost a full year.  Every earnings call and much more research.  An aristocrat that owns so many products that are #1 sellers.  The company is an absolute dumpster fire and they can't put it out. There will be more of this to come from good companies.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-29-2022

As bad as META has been it hasn't seen these lows since 2020. I am going to buy some but start slow just in case it sees that $149 level. I think in 3-5 years this will be a good entry point. Tech has come back except META lol. Its hated and that's when I like to buy lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-30-2022

(07-29-2022, 12:09 PM)divmenow Wrote: As bas as META has been it hasn't seen these lows in 2022. I am going to buy some but start slow just in case it sees that $149 level. I think in 3-5 years this will be a good entry point. Tech has come back except META lol. Its hated and that's when I like to buy lol
They have about no hope for real growth for a year is their problem.  They don't deserve their previous multiple.  AAPL cut off their ad effectiveness.  They have enough cashflow to figure something out.  I think your timeline is right.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 07-31-2022

Sold some recently bought Lmt and google on the run up and added Tcehy with proceeds. Looking to add Swk.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 08-01-2022

Added GOOG this morning

U.S. stock funds saw a net inflow of $9.5 billion last week, the biggest sum in the last six weeks according to BofA. That’s significant

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 08-01-2022

Added Tcehy and Swk. Sold out of cah.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 08-01-2022

Bought MO and TROW, more details in the profile section.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 08-01-2022

I worked out that between dividends and income after Social Security tax ends, I will have $6700 more to invest this year. I wrote up a spreadsheet allocating where it will all go, and how much my dividend income will increase. Looks like end of the year, assuming a few dividend increases here and there, I'll end up between $8400-$8450 annually, with $8500 as my stretch goal.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 08-01-2022

Added TGT. COF, and GOOG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 08-01-2022

added some more TROW

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 08-02-2022

Today's updates in my port:

Automatic $200 investment into SCHD went through (first Tuesday of every month), paid for by the end of month OXLC, ECC, and RQI dividends.

E*Trade is reporting my annual income is $100 lower! Now, it dropped by $150 legitimately a few days ago because RIO gave a lower dividend ($2.665, down from $4.785 previously). This time, it is VALE. However, VALE's announced August dividend is $0.642, yet E*Trade has it as $0.39, which is plain wrong. It is only a modest decline from the previous $0.725. I totally get that both of those commodity stocks are going to be all over the place so ... shrug. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 08-02-2022

Added NEM, TGT and SCHW