Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 07-26-2022

MSFT cuts guidance. Down big AH's

GOOG beat. Guess I will stick with GOOG over MSFT Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-26-2022

(07-26-2022, 03:05 PM)Marknew Wrote: MSFT cuts guidance.  Down big AH's

I don't know what "down big" means to you, but I checked an hour or so ago and it was -1.3%.
Right now it's in the green. Big Grin Different people see things in different ways, but personally anything less than 5% move in either direction is no movement at all. 

Haven't read the report yet but I'll do that before market open tomorrow. I'd love nothing more than a discount on MSFT, and if we get that and there are no surprises in the report then I'm buying more tomorrow yet again.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-26-2022

(07-26-2022, 03:51 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

I don't know what "down big" means to you, but I checked an hour or so ago and it was -1.3%.
Right now it's in the green. Big Grin Different people see things in different ways, but personally anything less than 5% move in either direction is no movement at all. 

Haven't read the report yet but I'll do that before market open tomorrow. I'd love nothing more than a discount on MSFT, and if we get that and there are no surprises in the report then I'm buying more tomorrow yet again.

MSFT was down initially $8 after the report. But in this environment that was a pretty good report as was the case with GOOG.

But me personally would own GOOG because of the cheaper valuation. To me GOOG or GOOGL is one of the best plays 3-5 years out.  But it will take some time to move because of the split and with all the outstanding shares now.

I wont be a buyer of MSFT unless it gets under $1500 because of my average cost of $8. Been a holder since 1997  Big Grin

Growth is where I'm looking to put some money now. Tech has been beat up so bad that any positive news will push these names up. I'm taking AVGO, TXN, GOOG, QCOM, AMAT, AMD, META ect. I'm not fooling around with the 2nd and 3rd tier names here, especially if things get worse. 

I'm also hoping AMZN, TGT and other retailers go much lower to provide better buy ins.

UTES too high to add. I need a significant pullback to add 

That's about all I'm looking at right now lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-26-2022

I don't think GOOGL beat, but I need to check the report.  I already own quite a lot anyway so I am along for the ride.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-26-2022

(07-26-2022, 04:46 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 03:51 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

MSFT was down initially $8 after the report. But in this environment that was a pretty good report as was the case with GOOG.

But me personally would own GOOG because of the cheaper valuation. To me GOOG or GOOGL is one of the best plays 3-5 years out.  But it will take some time to move because of the split and with all the outstanding shares now.

I wont be a buyer of MSFT unless it gets under $1500 because of my average cost of $8. Been a holder since 1997  Big Grin

Growth is where I'm looking to put some money now. Tech has been beat up so bad that any positive news will push these names up. I'm taking AVGO, TXN, GOOG, QCOM, AMAT, AMD, META ect. I'm not fooling around with the 2nd and 3rd tier names here, especially if things get worse. 

I'm also hoping AMZN, TGT and other retailers go much lower to provide better buy ins.

UTES too high to add. I need a significant pullback to add 

That's about all I'm looking at right now lol
The economy is in real trouble if TGT misses by much.  They pulled guidance back pretty hard last quarter.  WMT just playing catch up on reality.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-27-2022

SHW on watch list now. Down $35 pre-market. Still expensive at 36 times next years earnings. Will be looking for an entry under $180.

Big earrings still yet to come from AMZN. Will be interesting to see what they say.

There’s no way around the inventory glut. TGT will be next to warn. And we’re already in trouble Fenders, with Target or not lol. All these retailers over ordered and are now stuck with supply. I was in Target last night and they were practically giving away TV’s lol. I would think Best Buy will be in big trouble as well going forward. TVs and big ticket items were a huge seller during the pandemic but now it’s a different story. Not to mention how much food costs are going up and high oil prices at the pump still. Consumers are feeling the pinch.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 07-27-2022

Added another TXN through pooled dividends in my DGI account.

Earnings last night looked great and they will be announcing a dividend increase in September.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-27-2022

Added JNJ, MED and COF

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-27-2022

(07-27-2022, 07:11 AM)divmenow Wrote: SHW on watch list now.  Down $35 pre-market. Still expensive at 36 times next years earnings. Will be looking for an entry under $180.

Big earrings still yet to come from AMZN. Will be interesting to see what they say.

There’s no way around the inventory glut. TGT will be next to warn. And we’re already in trouble Fenders, with Target or not lol. All these retailers over ordered and are now stuck with supply.  I was in Target last night and they were practically giving away TV’s lol. I would think Best Buy will be in big trouble as well going forward. TVs and big ticket items were a huge seller during the pandemic but now it’s a different story. Not to mention how much food costs are going up and high oil prices at the pump still. Consumers are feeling the pinch.
TGT cut their margin projections to 2% months ago so we shall see.  Want me to show you one of your posts from six months ago stating TGT does great in all economies when they were trading WAY about $200?  Don't make me do it.  Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-28-2022

Chasing yield here.
Added a bit to IIPR and to CM.to.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-28-2022

SWK down 15% pre market to $99 for anyone who is looking for an entry. But those numbers were horrific. I own in my sons account but bought around $105.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 07:33 AM)divmenow Wrote: SWK down 15% pre market to $99 for anyone who is looking for an entry. But those numbers were horrific. I own in my sons account but bought around $105.

I own as well and will be adding some under $99.  It's now under its pre-covid price.  This will take time, but I will wait with that dividend. 

CMCSA also adding too