Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 07-19-2022

I had sold out of LMT in q1. Starting back a small position$60 cheaper. Hope I am
Able to build it back at $350ish.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 07-19-2022

Sold out of OCBI today. With the upcoming merger, it wasn't worth holding to get 10.5 cents more per share. Nice small cap that I didn't want to get bought out by a larger company. Nice 45% gain in this market. Too bad my entire portfolio wasn't in it. Will decide what to buy tomorrow with the proceeds.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-20-2022

(07-19-2022, 08:58 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Added LMT and ALLY

Initial position in IIPR. I has sold this one at $276 and now bought back under $89

You did see the news about one of IIPR's tenants going under? 
I still have IIPR, from a long long time ago. It has been a great investment but now it looks like those risks are possibly materializing. 
I'm still holding onto it, and will keep on holding, simply due to an impressive yield coupled with good dividend growth. But it's a risky play now. 

Also, I don't know what LMT has screwed up but that report was underwhelming in every regard. Of course their long-term business will do fine over the next decades and probably centuries, but I was not thrilled to see those numbers.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-20-2022

(07-20-2022, 02:51 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 08:58 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Added LMT and ALLY

Initial position in IIPR. I has sold this one at $276 and now bought back under $89

You did see the news about one of IIPR's tenants going under? 
I still have IIPR, from a long long time ago. It has been a great investment but now it looks like those risks are possibly materializing. 
I'm still holding onto it, and will keep on holding, simply due to an impressive yield coupled with good dividend growth. But it's a risky play now. 

Also, I don't know what LMT has screwed up but that report was underwhelming in every regard. Of course their long-term business will do fine over the next decades and probably centuries, but I was not thrilled to see those numbers.

Yes, I know the news on IIPR. But they already have new buyers lined up for those spaces. Down at these levels the risk isn't that big of deal like it was at $270+  Big Grin

And I can wait with that yield. Now if they cut that yield then the story will change for me.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-20-2022

New position in MDT

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-20-2022

I also bought MDT and also took a new position in DLR

I'm starting to look at aristocrats on sale. These 2 I like.

EQR I may buy as well

I still have about 40% cash to put to work. Hoping the UTES get dumped hard so I can add

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-20-2022

(07-20-2022, 11:25 AM)divmenow Wrote: I also bought MDT and also took a new position in DLR

I'm starting to look at aristocrats on sale. These 2 I like.

EQR I may buy as well

I still have about 40% cash to put to work. Hoping the UTES get dumped hard so I can add
Might get some OPs in dividend stocks as the market decide if it wants to rotate back to growth.  Seems early for that but who knows?  The rotation likely will be sudden.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-21-2022

T down 10%. All those dividends wiped out in a blink of an eye. That was one of the worst conference calls I ever listened to.

Added ALL down $10

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-21-2022

Added TSCO, ALL, PM, and IIPR

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 07-21-2022

Added vz

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-21-2022

DFS down over $11 on probe on it's student load business.

Anyone own? Looks cheap but this kind of news scares me

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-21-2022

I needed to buy something, and once again, there really aren't too many great deals out there. Can we have a proper crash please?

So I just kept increasing my MSFT position. Awesome company, close to 1 year lows, but still not cheap.