Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-29-2021

(09-29-2021, 12:08 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Nope! Patience....Believe the economy will run hot once Covid threat lessens and don’t believe inflationary pressure will last more than 2-3 more quarters.

Many analysts expect another fairly decent 2022 return wise so staying put unless one of my targeted value stocks falls to my price point. Really just keeping track of several high quality BC stocks and waiting for a 52 week low day...

AbbVie is one I have my eyeball on but big concerns over their patent expiring. I’m guessing there will be some panic selling from it in 2022...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much liquidity to think the economy won't do OK for a few quarters.  I am bullish but being defensive is paying off big right now.  We have some stupid to navigate through for now.

(09-29-2021, 12:21 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 12:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 12:05 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 11:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Anyone making any trades today?

No but my car is in the shop for a week.  $3,000 of repairs, which is about what I thought it be Sad

Luckily I get my extra paycheck on Friday.
That's a lot less expensive than risk on trades this week.  Good luck on the repairs.

That's a unique perspective! Smile
Got my eye on some SOXL or QQQ soon lol.  Smile Risk on stuff is starting to rhyme with May. Utility and ketchup manufacturers are all the rage today. Just a big game of rotation because you can't buy a CD or a bond. It will circle back around soon enough.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-29-2021

I'm not looking, but I imagine SOXL is pretty cheap Smile I *guarantee* that at this time in 2023, SOXL is over 100.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 09-29-2021

(09-29-2021, 12:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 12:08 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Nope! Patience....Believe the economy will run hot once Covid threat lessens and don’t believe inflationary pressure will last more than 2-3 more quarters.

Many analysts expect another fairly decent 2022 return wise so staying put unless one of my targeted value stocks falls to my price point. Really just keeping track of several high quality BC stocks and waiting for a 52 week low day...

AbbVie is one I have my eyeball on but big concerns over their patent expiring. I’m guessing there will be some panic selling from it in 2022...

Too much liquidity to think the economy won't do OK for a few quarters.  I am bullish but being defensive is paying off big right now.  We have some stupid to navigate through for now.

There’s a good WSJ article today that discusses this subject pretty well.

(09-29-2021, 12:47 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm not looking, but I imagine SOXL is pretty cheap Smile  I *guarantee* that at this time in 2023, SOXL is over 100.
Looking and taking notes might be an even better idea if you want to play never ending leverage.  If chips pull back to fair value SOXX may be a very good buy soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 09-30-2021

sold kim

redployed into o/wpc/mu

add

mu/tdoc/sq/pypl/mttr/lrcx/amat

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 09-30-2021

added MO, TROW, VLO, ORI and FDX

Retail getting hammered as it should with supply chain issues. Tech valuations still way, way out of hand. Have a long way to go before I would enter

I have been buying the undervalued names in hopes they will catch up.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-30-2021

25% of the NASDAQ 100 has now officially corrected using the down 20% standard. The indexes are deceiving right now. Just a few stocks holding things up. I am about techless so I will start shopping.

I hedged my MO position yesterday and will close that today. Had no idea IQOS news was coming, but the regulatory struggles will never end for tobacco.

Sold a IWM put at strike 216. First time I have been without the Russell 2000 since forever so time to wade back in.

Added a few shares of BMY. I'm about done with that. Position getting too large.

Finished killing off my silver today. One less ticker to torment me. I'll probably add the money to one of my yield traps later. Excuse me I meant to say value stocks lol Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 09-30-2021

(09-30-2021, 11:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I'll probably add the money to one of my yield traps later.  Excuse me I meant to say value stocks lol  Smile

Lol -- you must be talking about tobacco! Yes, the regulatory struggles will never end, but dealing with those struggles, in a kind of real sense, IS their business. 

Anyway, I gritted my teeth and bought another pretty big pile of BTI this morning. If I liked it at $40, I must LOVE it at $35! Right?

<glancing around nervously> Right?

(09-30-2021, 11:12 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 11:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I'll probably add the money to one of my yield traps later.  Excuse me I meant to say value stocks lol  Smile

Lol -- you must be talking about tobacco! Yes, the regulatory struggles will never end, but dealing with those struggles, in a kind of real sense, IS their business. 

Anyway, I gritted my teeth and bought another pretty big pile of BTI this morning. If I liked it at $40, I must LOVE it at $35! Right?

I may be the wrong guy to ask.  I am up on tobacco but not until after some judgement errors.  The only advice I have is never ever get FOMO and chase them into the top half of their trading range.  Just let it ride and don't buy a single share after it's annual run.  You also have to be brave enough to buy some in the bottom half.   I always sell a few covered calls when it looks toppy because you know the next government beatdown is coming.  Did that yesterday and it was blind luck, but it usually works out when MO or BTI gets toppy. Never fool yourself into thinking it's greatly undervalued.  You are getting paid for the risk ad the risk is real.  A high PE is not happening.  IMO you can win the tobacco game if you control your emotions.

My best guess is MO will chop along around 45 for quite some time now.  Low 40s is not out of the question but let's hope not.

I sold puts in MO and BTI so maybe I get exercised.  I'll add some if it dips just a little lower.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 09-30-2021

(09-30-2021, 11:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 11:12 AM)Kerim Wrote:

I may be the wrong guy to ask.  I am up on tobacco but not until after some judgement errors.  The only advice I have is never ever get FOMO and chase them into the top half of their trading range.  Just let it ride and don't buy a single share after it's annual run.  You also have to be brave enough to buy some in the bottom half.   I always sell a few covered calls when it looks toppy because you know the next government beatdown is coming.  Did that yesterday and it was blind luck, but it usually works out when MO or BTI gets toppy.  Never fool yourself into thinking it's greatly undervalued.  You are getting paid for the risk ad the risk is real.  A high PE is not happening.  IMO you can win the tobacco game if you control your emotions.

My best guess is MO will chop along around 45 for quite some time now.  Low 40s is not out of the question but let's hope not.

I sold puts in MO and BTI so maybe I get exercised.  I'll add some if it dips just a little lower.

If MO stays in this $45-50 range and pays out that nice dividend who cares about all that noise. That's good enough for me. 

I dipped my toes into some tech. Just the ones that are down significantly like TDOC, TSM, QCOM, AMAT and have a reasonable PE . Just 5-10 shares each for now  Big Grin

TDOC without a PE but that these levels in 5 years it should pay off