Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 12:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 09:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in JXN. This one I just stumbled onto. I'm sure no one knows this company. Fenders will go look it up now Wink

t's trading under cash, PE of 1 and it has an 8% yield
You caught me napping.  Yeah the PE looks OK here lol.  Makes me feel better about some of my stocks with a 3 to 5 PE.  Big Grin  I'll have to figure out what they actually do for money.

I will also research them tomorrow or the day after.

Today I was busy researching CCL and I'm not touching that thing. The cruise industry might very well recover, but I invest mainly for the dividend stream. Pre-covid CCL was pushing about $5b cash from ops, with around $3b in yearly capex. Leaves $2b left. 
Current yearly interest payments, yes just the interest payments, are well north of $1b. 
So even if things go back to pre-covid levels, which I think is a perfectly reasonable assumption, that'll still leave CCL with only about $1b in free cash flow. That'll be used to pay down debt, not for a dividend anytime soon. 

They will probably survive as a company, and sure the share price can appreciate (even large amounts) if they get everything back on track without getting destroyed by the rising interest rates. But I don't see a dividend in the next 5 years. 
So this one is a skip from me.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-13-2022

The cruise lines are popular among traders but Covid did massive destruction to their balance sheets. Nothing they really did wrong but losing your cashflow for about two years is not going to be fixed soon. They better hope serious COVID surges are over. I like to trade but stocks with a better chance for financial success are more attractive. Just in case I get stuck in a market downdraft.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 07-13-2022

The great depression is among us. Those CPI numbers were not what we were looking for.

I see more downside. Cash is king once again

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 07-13-2022

Added NKE, TROW, SWK, JNJ, APD and SCHD

I may be a little early on NKE but we haven't see a pe under 25 in 5 years.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 09:01 AM)Marknew Wrote: Added NKE, TROW, SWK, JNJ, APD and SCHD

I like your buys. All great long term holds. 

Cash is king but I would be putting some of that cash to work now.

TGT is one I'm slowly adding to the past few days. NKE and TROW as well

Sure the consumer may be tapped out and were headed into a recession. But the truth is were already in a recession lol. Some great quality stocks are on sale. And we as dividend investors look for great entry points. A year ago I could barley find a stock I wanted to buy on sale. Well now you have plenty of options Wink  

Looks like OIL may be headed lower. The best may be behind them now. Wall St look forward 6 months and these companies may have seen there highs. But who knows. It's a crapshoot and too volatile right now to know which way its headed.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 11:31 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Sure the consumer may be tapped out and were headed into a recession. But the truth is were already in a recession lol. Some great quality stocks are on sale. And we as dividend investors look for great entry points. A year ago I could barley find a stock I wanted to buy on sale. Well now you have plenty of options Wink  

Looks like OIL may be headed lower. The best may be behind them now. Wall St look forward 6 months and these companies may have seen there highs. But who knows. It's a crapshoot and too volatile right now to know which way its headed.

I agree on Oil. I think that sector has been over played now. Once they start selling it, it's a free fall. You have to buy when its at or near a low. The time to buy was 2 years ago when it was at a bottom. Oil may see $80 soon. Just too much bad that can happen over the good. Pump prices have fallen 50-60 cents in 2 weeks. 

I have to admit. I bought oil higher so I went with the momentum and it cost me. But at least I have protection on the downside. 

Same with commodities like NUE, CLF ect. Another sector they pumped. 

I'm looking at the beat up names now to put money to work. 

What's on your shopping list?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 07-13-2022

Added 2 shares of GOOG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 07-13-2022

(07-13-2022, 12:21 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 11:31 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I agree on Oil. I think that sector has been over played now. Once they start selling it, it's a free fall. You have to buy when its at or near a low. The time to buy was 2 years ago when it was at a bottom. Oil may see $80 soon. Just too much bad that can happen over the good. Pump prices have fallen 50-60 cents in 2 weeks. 

I have to admit. I bought oil higher so I went with the momentum and it cost me. But at least I have protection on the downside. 

Same with commodities like NUE, CLF ect. Another sector they pumped. 

I'm looking at the beat up names now to put money to work. 

What's on your shopping list?
I did buy a lot of my oil 1-2 years ago but the dip still stings. The constant special divs are going to have to be enough for awhile.  The strategic reserve draws ends this fall then they are scheduled to fill it back up.  After the election of course.  Oil has a floor under it and oil companies are profitable at $40 oil so it might be an OK hold.  Nothing he has really changed fundamentally.  Nobody is drilling in a meaningful way.  Maybe next year.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 07-14-2022

Added 7 names this morning. HON, JPM, BX, APD, GOLD, ORI and AVGO

Good call on oil. Its definitely headed lower.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 07-14-2022

Added CVX, DVN, MS, DUK and GOOG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 07-14-2022

Added AVGO, LOW, EPD, SCHD and TGT

My yearly dividend now stands at 19k. I need 1000 more in dividends to reach my 20k goal. When the market is down big it creates more dividend yields. So it's nor all bad lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:45 AM)kblake Wrote: Added AVGO, LOW, EPD, SCHD and TGT

My yearly dividend now stands at 19k. I need 1000 more in dividends to reach my 20k goal. When the market is down big it creates more dividend yields. So it's nor all bad lol

Awesome. That's a great milestone to hit!