Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 06-08-2022

Added MO, EOG, OXY, WMT and ENB

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 06-09-2022

New position in SBLK

Anyone own it?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Graustus - 06-09-2022

SBLK: I bought I little sliver for a dividend capture prior to their last dividend (held for about a week or so). Bulk cargo stocks (and shipping stocks in general) are definitely in the sweet spot of the economic/inflation cycle.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 06-09-2022

(06-08-2022, 01:56 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Added MO, EOG, OXY, WMT and ENB

Thought I should stop by and see what you knife catchers are buying today.  Nice bottom buy on the oil today.  Smile 

Kidding, I still own plenty of oil.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 06-09-2022

I swapped out some WHR for BBY shares @$76.00.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 06-09-2022

Added NOC, WEC, BDX and DLR

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 06-09-2022

Added TXN. I probably have enough of this but I didn't find anything better to buy so I figured why not.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 06-09-2022

(06-09-2022, 03:06 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Added TXN. I probably have enough of this but I didn't find anything better to buy so I figured why not.

I exited my TXN position either late last year or early this year.  It's one of the ones I will consider getting back into at some point.  No rush though.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 06-10-2022

Added 16 names today. Too many to list lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 06-10-2022

Added BP, DVN, APPL, MO, ALL, AVGO, TROW, KO, MSFT, CB and DUK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 06-10-2022

Did some shuffling in my DGI portfolio, selling out of some slower growth positions.

Trimmed AAPL down to an equal-weight position.
Sold out of positions in FLO, T, WBA, WBD

Added to positions in MED, O, STAG, TROW, TXN
Started new positions in ADC and EXR.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Main Street Stock Investor - 06-10-2022

The following stocks hit my buy targets today: AAPL, NSC, DIA, EXC. I have held all of these stocks for more than 10 years and periodically trade them and build ever larger positions on most names. All trades are profitable and 95% of the time I purchase the same stock back at a lower cost than my last sale.

NSC as an example: My last post on this forum indicated that I purchased one partial position of NSC at $231.40/share on 5/25/22. On June 8, 2022 I sold that partial position at $245.70/share for a $14.30/share profit (a 6.2% gain in 2 weeks). Today I re-purchased NSC at $228.83/share.

I periodically make permanant adds to positions by reinvesting either accumulated dividends or accumulated trading profits. The EXC purchase today ($45.99/share) was a purchase that was funded by accumulated trading profits. The trading profits for EXC have currently accumulated to allow the purchase of approx. 10 partial positions. The accumulated dividend profits have a balance that will allow 4 partial positions to be purchased. Both trading profit and dividend profits are used for purchasing additional shares when a certain price target is met.