Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-31-2022

New position in GFI

My fist gold stock lol. At these levels I feel why not lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-31-2022

(05-31-2022, 01:14 PM)ConnerM Wrote: New position in GFI

My fist gold stock lol. At these levels I feel why not lol

That's a nice entry on GFI. Down because they are aquaring AUY. I think you can get $12-14 out of it with patience.

I bought some as well. Nice hedge and not a bad idea to have at least some gold.

NEM not a bad player either.

I added some calls on the late day oil drop

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Graustus - 05-31-2022

I played the GFI swoon with buying June $10 puts.

I’ve been playing with selling puts on big down names….had moderate success so far.

Also sold June 10th $10 SNAP puts, as it also was down big today.

Bought a little IMOS (a company I hadn’t heard of before) after some DD spurred by its big announced dividend.

Had previously bought drips and drabs of some preferred stocks in mid May that I was able to unload after Friday and today, successfully capturing the dividends and mostly selling above (or close, factoring in the dividend) purchase price.

Beats watching paint dry! Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-31-2022

(05-31-2022, 06:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Just a geeky thing, but in analyzing my dividend returns over the weekend, I realized that I finally achieved each month getting at least $500 in dividends.  July and January are my two lowest months, but have now crested over to $502.13 each.  Huzzah!

Congratulations! I love milestones, at least ones like this.

I don't consider it a geeky thing at all.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-31-2022

Thanks all. I guess the next milestone is to get every month up to $600/month, which may have real significance if I end up leasing a new car in a year or two and need to pay for it out of dividends.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 06-01-2022

Added BMY, ABBV, CBRL, and SBUX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 06-01-2022

Added SCHD, O, and LOW

New position in MOS

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 06-01-2022

Added to IIPR and PEP

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 06-01-2022

sold

PG--100%
JNJ--100%
MO--40%
PM--100%
MGA--100%

added

googl/goog
amzn
aapl
msft
tsla
lrcx
amat
mu
nvda
saia
odfl
arcb
nke
amd
tsm
pypl
sq
dis

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 06-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 05:31 PM)rayray Wrote: sold

PG--100%
JNJ--100%
MO--40%
PM--100%
MGA--100%

added

googl/goog
amzn
aapl
msft
tsla
lrcx
amat
mu
nvda
saia
odfl
arcb
nke
amd
tsm
pypl
sq
dis

Bold moves there. I will take the ones you sold over the next 6-12 months.

Group B still have a 20% more downside  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 06-02-2022

My
(06-01-2022, 07:56 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 05:31 PM)rayray Wrote: sold

PG--100%
JNJ--100%
MO--40%
PM--100%
MGA--100%

added

googl/goog
amzn
aapl
msft
tsla
lrcx
amat
mu
nvda
saia
odfl
arcb
nke
amd
tsm
pypl
sq
dis

Bold moves there. I will take the ones you sold over the next 6-12 months.

Group B still have a 20% more downside  Big Grin

while i do believe it's going to be choppy, imho, it's going to be bouncing at or near the bottom for a while

20% more downside? idk, maybe maybe not--i don't think so but what do i know

what i do believe in more now then ever is tech because tech has finally got to a point that it can be utilized now that was only imagined--and it's only going to get better or worse depending how one looks at it

i'm still in the accumulation phase and have been positioning the investments with companies that help shape the future

mo and pm are companies i struggle with, some financial, some personal (my mother died at 67 from emphysema and now my step father is on oxygen) i was hoping that the 'weed' market would change these two companies to some growth but imho, if it happens it will take a while hence the sells--i see better growth opportunities elsewhere

i like dividends, a lot, but i like growth a lot more

i understand the concept of receiving a dividend but i also understand when a portfolio grows one can 'just' make their own dividend by selling shares of a growing company--warren buffett has been saying this for years--i didn't fully get it until my kplan switched from mutual funds that pay out dividends, short and long term capital gains to ETF's that do not pay anything out--well--what i do is once a year i take out my own capital gain--and what i found is that the investments are still intact because they're growing

now what i do in that kplan--is make my 'own' let's say dividend then buy back in market downturns

Edit: I do like MGA, they’re a transitioning company but I have been building up certain positions and smaller ones sometimes get sold in the process

When I started this investing, it was small with each mutual fund/etf to individual equities

500 then 1500 then 5000 then 10000 then 15 to 20000

Then the pandemic happened and I repositioned and this latest downturn that we’re currently in the middle of, maybe the end? Idk

But right now certain funds are 100k plus certain holdings in individual equities are 100k plus this all happened because of these “bad” times

What history has taught us is in times of turmoil this is when real money is made

Dotcom bust taught me don’t sell when already down

Great Recession taught me don’t sell but buy in these times

Pandemic taught me stay the course and buy, but it’s okay to adjust portfolio from eh investments to higher quality investments

Time in the market has taught me that there are companies that produce essential products we use every day, but to grow a portfolio they might not be the best investments

The above companies maybe the dividend grew, but what about the capital gain? Am I in this to grow my dividend or am I in this to grow portfolio size?

Do I want a 1 million dollar portfolio that gives me 18 to 40k in dividends or do I want a 3 to 5 million dollar portfolio that throws off 50k dividends plus capital gains on my time frame?

I’ll take the 3 to 5 million portfolio every day of the week

I’m not going to get there with investment like mo/pm/jnj/pg

It’s not going to happen unless I’m a high salary income earner which I’m not

I’m a blue collar worker with dyslexia

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 06-02-2022

I agree with the above. I see it a lot on another site I look at. 20 year olds looking at yield and trying to hit annual goals on dividends (which is always fun) but when you're that young and are chasing dividends you're missing out on a lot of growth.

With that said i picked up some more SCHD and MAIN today lol