Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 09-07-2021

(09-04-2021, 10:27 PM)vbin Wrote: MTCH, cday, bro being added to spy. UNM out( ouch).

I think stockguru bought MTCH a while back, still holding?

I actually sold half my position at $172 in the pre-market. When I saw it up $24 I said no way in hell  Big Grin

I put the proceeds into NOC, JNJ and EOG

Bought some calls on CNK. Me reopening play and better positioned then AMC. 

LMT and HRL on my watch buy list

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 12:55 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 10:27 PM)vbin Wrote: MTCH, cday, bro being added to spy. UNM out( ouch).

I think stockguru bought MTCH a while back, still holding?

I actually sold half my position at $172 in the pre-market. When I saw it up $24 I said no way in hell  Big Grin

I put the proceeds into NOC, JNJ and EOG

Bought some calls on CNK. Me reopening play and better positioned then AMC. 

LMT and HRL on my watch buy list
Fun fact from the HRL earnings call.  (OMG that was boring to listen to lol). Pork input prices were up 250% during part of last quarter.  That is half solved now but it's amazing they danced through that without jacking prices to the moon which usually doesn't work in CPG anyway.     

All the inflation is transitory.  Smile 

Some way out of the money Whirlpool put sells are tempting me to kill some cash for a few weeks.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 09-07-2021

(09-07-2021, 10:52 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone into LMT? At $350 looking good to add more but I feel this might drop down further.

It can, and very well might, drop further. But I view it as a good buy at these prices, I try to split my buys into other stuff too but I've accumulated quite the LMT position during these past few months.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - NilesMike - 09-07-2021

Opened 1/2 position in HRL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-07-2021

Sold a WHR put at strike 210 EXP 24SEP. I'd like to think that is conservative but we'll see.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-08-2021

Just checking in to say hi to everybody. I've been busy with the Jewish holidays, so I just looked at my stocks after a few days. I see that COF is still in free fall, and I'm worried about DFEN. I see that it started trending down since mid June, and I'm wondering if the end of the Afghan war spells hard time for the defense sector. Sadly, I don't have a cash position to take advantage of some of the lower prices out there. I was tempted to rob a bit from my Emergency Fund until my car started not starting until I jiggle the gear shifter first, um gotta got that fixed Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 04:30 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Just checking in to say hi to everybody.  I've been busy with the Jewish holidays, so I just looked at my stocks after a few days.  I see that COF is still in free fall, and I'm worried about DFEN.  I see that it started trending down since mid June, and I'm wondering if the end of the Afghan war spells hard time for the defense sector.  Sadly, I don't have a cash position to take advantage of some of the lower prices out there.  I was tempted to rob a bit from my Emergency Fund until my car started not starting until I jiggle the gear shifter first, um gotta got that fixed Smile
I am certain the end of Afghanistan and the major defense stocks have extremely little correlation.  Rifles, pistols, machineguns and other low level arms have little to do with LMT,RTX,NOC, LHX, BA etc.  They build zillion dollar fighter jets, cruise missiles, space based weapons.  That is not what Afghan or even Iraq has been about after the initial assault 20 years ago.  

Budgets and political chatter are in play, but we have no control of that and it never goes away for more than a few years.  Always part of investing in the sector.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 05:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 04:30 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Just checking in to say hi to everybody.  I've been busy with the Jewish holidays, so I just looked at my stocks after a few days.  I see that COF is still in free fall, and I'm worried about DFEN.  I see that it started trending down since mid June, and I'm wondering if the end of the Afghan war spells hard time for the defense sector.  Sadly, I don't have a cash position to take advantage of some of the lower prices out there.  I was tempted to rob a bit from my Emergency Fund until my car started not starting until I jiggle the gear shifter first, um gotta got that fixed Smile
I am certain the end of Afghanistan and the major defense stocks have extremely little correlation.  Rifles, pistols, machineguns and other low level arms have little to do with LMT,RTX,NOC, LHX, BA etc.  They build zillion dollar fighter jets, cruise missiles, space based weapons.  That is not what Afghan or even Iraq has been about after the initial assault 20 years ago.  

Budgets and political chatter are in play, but we have no control of that and it never goes away for more than a few years.  Always part of investing in the sector.

That does make me feel better about it.  Still, I think at some point I will get rid of DFEN in favor of DGI stocks.  I don't have the trust in it that I do in the other triples I own (it never has come close to reaching its pre-Covid value).

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - pdaignau - 09-08-2021

(09-07-2021, 10:52 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone into LMT? At $350 looking good to add more but I feel this might drop down further.

I've bought a few shares this year, starting in January at ~331.00.  If it drops back below $350 I might buy a few more shares.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 09-08-2021

Today I sold EQR, which I believe is too pricey and too dependent on the coastal residential market.
Instead I bought FAF, one of the largest title insurers.

Dividend safety: FAF 82 vs 61 EQR
Dividend yield: FAF 3% vs 2.89% EQR
5 year DGR: FAF 12% vs 2% EQR
Dividend Growth History: FAF 10 years vs 4 years EQR

Seems like a better fit for my portfolio.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 09-08-2021

Added CI, ABBV & FB today.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 09-09-2021

Added DLTR, VMC, FDX, CP, BA, VICI, JNJ and ORLY