Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 05-24-2022

(05-24-2022, 01:37 PM)divmenow Wrote: I don't know why anyone is complaining we are down. I'm happy with that. Before there were no bargains. Now there's 100 lol. And for dividend investors this is what you want!

Amen!

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 05-25-2022

Added more oxy today

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-25-2022

yesterday adds to

googl
tsm
msft
nvda
tsla

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-25-2022

DKS down $13 pre-market after report. Who’s buying the dip?

misses earnings by 6 cents. Drops 18%.

Shorting these retail stocks into earnings does seem like a good play. Those who bought puts did well. My question is how did JWN get it right lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 05-25-2022

(05-25-2022, 06:39 AM)divmenow Wrote: DKS down $13 pre-market after report. Who’s buying the dip?

misses earnings by 6 cents. Drops 18%.

Shorting these retail stocks into earnings does seem like a good play.  Those who bought puts did well. My question is how did JWN get it right lol

This stock not long ago was $140. Just got halved. 

But I may buy some here. This is all temporary here. It may last another 2-3 quarters, but wall st always looks ahead.

I know a lot of people here own over $100. So they must love it here at $60 Big Grin

I added GOOG, PM, DVN, TXRH and TROW yesterday

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Main Street Stock Investor - 05-25-2022

Adding NSC this morning, target buy <$235/share set at last trade. Last sale of NSC partial position was $286.34 on 11/2/21.
Adding LOW also, target buy <$185/share set at last trade. Last sale of LOW partial position was $237.68 on 11/5/21.

These are typical swing trades that I do on a portfolio of about 70 stocks. Many opportunities to capture profits while maintaining a solid portfolio of mostly Dividend Achievers and Dividend Aristocrats.

Buy orders filled at 9:32 AM
LOW - $184.61
NSC - $231.40

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-25-2022

Just my standard dividend monthly reinvestment. 1 each of:
SCHD
ABBV
F
CIM
HPQ

(05-25-2022, 08:52 AM)Main Street Stock Investor Wrote: Buy orders filled at 9:32 AM
LOW - $184.61
NSC - $231.40

Nice adds. I like the rails here but decided to buy CP over NSC and UNP. The stocks holds up well and has been a a steady grower over the years.

How about that comeback buy DKS. Recovered $20 off the lows today. They may run it back to $100  Big Grin

DG is on my watch list. Any hiccups with earnings and if they knock it down I will buy!

Thanks for commenting. Just curious why you like CP, divmenow. The CP dividend is pretty low (0.86% vs. 2.14% for NSC) and the rail stocks have pretty much moved in tandem over the past 5 years, however, both provide dividend and trading income potential so all is good. Can't say much on the retail stocks as WMT is my only retail stock. Do you periodically trade as well?

(05-25-2022, 01:17 PM)Main Street Stock Investor Wrote: Thanks for commenting. Just curious why you like CP, divmenow. The CP dividend is pretty low (0.86% vs. 2.14% for NSC) and the rail stocks have pretty much moved in tandem over the past 5 years, however, both provide dividend and trading income potential so all is good.  Can't say much on the retail stocks as WMT is my only retail stock. Do you periodically trade as well?

I'm not in CP for the dividend. I'm in because it's one of the best run rails in the industry. It paid a much higher dividend but it just came off a 5-1 stock split this year so the that's why the dividend is low now. But I look for them to raise it.

NSC is a great stock as well. I own it an an average price of $73 so I wont be adding at these levels lol

Yes I trade as well. I have an account just for that. But I try not to touch my dividend payers. I do trim to add to new names when they become bargains

Like yesterday bought PRU. To me its one the best buys in the market. Yield now 4.6%

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-25-2022

Well it was finally a great day to be overweight retail. I had some DKS and BBY options that were making me very nervous. Closed them out for nice profits in case this is short lived, which I fully expect.