Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 05-18-2022

(05-18-2022, 11:35 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 11:09 AM)cemanuel Wrote: Instead of TGT I bought WSM at $110. TGT down 25% on soft earnings sure seems like an overreaction but WSM down 15%?

As usual, my "wait for S&P 3500" went out the window. Either of those look like market gifts to me.

I have been tracking WSM for awhile now.  I want some shares long-term but I think they are going to get smoked soon to be honest. I have sold some way out of the money puts and almost got sucked in a few times.

If we are in  a recession WSM wont do well at all. No one can afford high end stuff  Big Grin

Last recession WSM was a $30 stock 

I think when its all said and done all these retailers will be at a 10-12 PE. Back to historic PE levels

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-18-2022

CSCO down $8 after hours on earnings.

CSCO supply chains heavily impacted. They can't bill until product is shipped.

Mine as well just buy some short etfs and play the downside in the market. Nothing good is happening. I mean no positives.

So many stocks, I mean good names just lost 5 years of profits. And I thought covid was bad. Geeze!

Turn off the tv, the computer and don’t look for 3 years. Or at least too the republicans take office again Wink

Stockguru must be laughing right now on her on private island. She got out at the right time. Genius I tell ya lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-18-2022

(05-18-2022, 03:20 PM)divmenow Wrote: CSCO down $8 after hours on earnings.

CSCO supply chains heavily impacted. They can't bill until product is shipped.

Mine as well just buy some short etfs and play the downside in the market. Nothing good is happening. I mean no positives.

So many stocks, I mean good names just lost 5 years of profits.  And I thought covid was bad. Geeze!

Turn off the tv, the computer and don’t look for 3 years. Or at least too the republicans take office again Wink

Stockguru must be laughing right now on her on private island. She got out at the right time. Genius I tell ya lol
My oil is kicking butt.  Today was rough though.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-18-2022

"Last recession WSM was a $30 stock"

I know. I bought some on 3/17/20 for $32.57.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-18-2022

(05-18-2022, 06:49 PM)cemanuel Wrote: "Last recession WSM was a $30 stock"

That was a nice pickup, especially considering we had no clue if the market would be halved again.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-19-2022

yesterday i added to aapl

and most likely add to appl again today

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-19-2022

(05-18-2022, 07:12 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

That was a nice pickup, especially considering we had no clue if the market would be halved again.

I never have a clue about that sort of thing. There are people who do - or at least say they do.

For me, I just try to buy good companies at sound price points. It is tempting to just sit but then I'll need to figure out when the bottom is being set. I'm not smart enough to do that either.

There's the next quarterly GDP report to tell us if we're really in a recession or not but do I really want to wait 2 months?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 05-19-2022

Added PEP, LOW, SCHD, UL and LMT

Bought a few puts in retail names with earnings tomorrow.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 05-19-2022

Added CBRL, CVX, DVN, and UL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-19-2022

(05-19-2022, 06:52 AM)cemanuel Wrote:

I never have a clue about that sort of thing. There are people who do - or at least say they do.

For me, I just try to buy good companies at sound price points. It is tempting to just sit but then I'll need to figure out when the bottom is being set. I'm not smart enough to do that either.

There's the next quarterly GDP report to tell us if we're really in a recession or not but do I really want to wait 2 months?
I made my first WSM comment because TGT specifically stated hard good sales are depressed.  That would include the home furnishings product they buy from WSM.  We will see how it goes on WSM next call.  I'm not optimistic but we will know in a month or two.  Definitely on my watch list but no hurry.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 05-19-2022

BJ's got it right and had a great report and conference call

Maybe COST will do well on earnings. Worth it to buy 2 shares here Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 05-19-2022

(05-19-2022, 06:52 AM)cemanuel Wrote:

I imagine it's the same for most of us here.
I personally have a very simple strategy. I buy with X amount each month. That amount stays the same, regardless if we are hitting all time highs or in a correction like now. I usually split that between 3-4 different companies so I'm always adding to something here and there.
Then, when the prices start to be good enough, I start adding more cash (on top of the regular X) at different levels of the sp500. We haven't reached that level yet in this correction, but I'm hoping we keep going down and I can pick up some quality stuff for cheap.