Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-17-2022

Should I buy puts on TGT for tomorrow's earnings? Hmmmm

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 01:05 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Should I buy puts on TGT for tomorrow's earnings? Hmmmm
I sold way out of the money TGT put during the morning at the low today.  Just one.  Same with LOW.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 09:31 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Added BBY, HD, LMT and TD

Sold most of my APPL, OHI and HAS

DKS on watch list

selling AAPL is a sin

it's a buy and hold, repeat

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-18-2022

I'm afraid I committed the AAPL sin two splits ago.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 05-18-2022

(05-17-2022, 11:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow WMT now down over $15. I thought this was a recession proof stock. Worst day loss I can remember from this stock

Companies like GO and THS are benefiting from WMT supply issues.  I wonder how KR will do? This one has come down from its highs.

It's never the exactly same situation. I'm a bit too young to fully have experienced the last recession. And we may or may not be heading into a recession, but we surely are in a stupidly high inflationary period.

Significantly increased costs for both supplies as well as workforce, coupled with the struggles that the consumers will face in the next 6-18 months, I don't think it's a great place to be selling anything to consumers right now, even if you are the one selling the low cost stuff.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-18-2022

(05-18-2022, 12:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I'm afraid I committed the AAPL sin two splits ago.

lot's of people have committed this sin, there's a little phrase that some use

"stop the madness"

i guess before we buy or sell any stock we should stop, look in the mirror and ask why am i doing this?

most of us probably wouldn't be able to look at ourselves

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-18-2022

Wow TGT down $46 on earnings report. Who ever said buy puts was right on. I will put TGT on my watch list to see how low it goes. Maybe $150?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-18-2022

Yeah, I sold out of NLY last year, and TGT earlier this year. But don't worry, I still have plenty of losers in my port Smile

Edit: As far as REITs go, the one I decided was the best was CIM, but even that I exited in Jan. I will start slowly going back into it at some point. Also up around 13% last I checked.

(05-18-2022, 06:14 AM)divmenow Wrote: Wow TGT down $46 on earnings report. Who ever said buy puts was right on. I will put TGT on my watch list to see how low it goes. Maybe $150?
That's our favorite posh retailer lol.  If it gets stupid enough I will try to nibble the morning crash.  I have way too much cash so why not?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-18-2022

If I were gonna buy I'd sure look at TGT either today or tomorrow. I went through the ER and at first glance it sure seems like an overreaction. In my IRA I'd likely sell when it recovers about half the loss - overreaction doesn't mean the ER was GOOD. Might be a keeper if I had cash in my taxable account - yield is suddenly above 2% with a massive latest hike.

Edit: Own it in my IRA, about a 50% full position which is right where I want it - so new shares would be to trade, not hold long-term. We'll see if the AH action holds through the open.

(05-18-2022, 07:29 AM)cemanuel Wrote: If I were gonna buy I'd sure look at TGT either today or tomorrow. I went through the ER and at first glance it sure seems like an overreaction. In my IRA I'd likely sell when it recovers about half the loss - overreaction doesn't mean the ER was GOOD. Might be a keeper if I had cash in my taxable account - yield is suddenly above 2% with a massive latest hike.

Edit: Own it in my IRA, about a 50% full position which is right where I want it - so new shares would be to trade, not hold long-term. We'll see if the AH action holds through the open.
Thanks.  I put on my body armor and I am heading in at the open for some shares.  I already sold a put I will have to dance with for a month.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-18-2022

LOW getting hit as well. But if I have to choose between TGT and LOW I would buy LOW. Target has a horrible quarter and all that inventory they can’t get rid of. 72 days of inventory they can’t move. CEO did a terrible job and didn’t see this coming after a painting a rosey picture just last month. How did hey get it so wrong? This stock is dead for at least 2 more quarters. Now TJX did well. So that tells me the consumer wants bargains. With gas prices at the pump so high retailers will suffer. HD, LOW, TJX will do just fine. Housing and repairs are hear to stay. It wouldn’t surprise me if TGT hits $125 or lower. Not saying it will, but that’s where it should be after that report. I think investors and funds are not happy with the way TGT ceo blindsided everyone. Just saying lol .