Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 09:41 AM)kblake Wrote: The consumer is in trouble. WMT was a good indicator of that. This market still has a good 15-20% downside left.

I bought some puts on DG, TGT and ROST

Added some calls in OIL

To me oli is the only bright spot going forward. Yes it has run. But to me oil is going to 140-150

Not a bad strategy. WMT was definitely a good indicator of that. 

Retail is not a place you want to invest in these times. DG will probably head under $200. 

BBY, DKS all headed lower as well. The consumer will spend less with gas price $4.50 and above at the pump 

A recession is coming. No doubt

Just keep adding to the oil name. UTES not a bad play as well.

The rest wait to another 20-25% decline. I'm in no rush to buy right now. 1-2 shares here and there

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 09:48 AM)EricL Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 08:52 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I was supposed to buy another share of SCHD today, but I started a position in F instead Smile  I get a buck a quarter from them so far!

Brave buying F with rising interest rates and higher oil prices squeezing the consumer.

Auto stocks in recessions are bad news.

Agreed Eric. Stay away from F in times like this. You would have been better off buying 1 share of SCHD Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-17-2022

Ford will come back, But not until it hits $8-9 first. Just no reason to buy that name in a recession.

And I agree oil still has upside.

I trimmed some CI and MRK after some big gains and bought FNAG and LNG

Eric those small cap oil names you bought must be doing well for you. CPG and EGY I like

I will just add to SPY once we see $370 levels

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 05-17-2022

Added HD, CTRA, SBUX, SMG and DUK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 10:08 AM)divmenow Wrote: Eric those small cap oil names you bought must be doing well for you. CPG and EGY I like

Some better than others, but generally I've done pretty well. Definitely better then the mostly tech stocks I sold off to buy them.

FWIW, PXD and ARCH are both paying out big dividends in June. Ex-div is May 27th I believe.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-17-2022

New position in ENB

That's the kind of companies I like owning in times like these.

Hey ken did you sell all your NLY or do you still own? I see they just did a secondary and it's at a new low. In case you were adding at at a yield of 13% Wink

Wow WMT now down over $15. I thought this was a recession proof stock. Worst day loss I can remember from this stock

Companies like GO and THS are benefiting from WMT supply issues. I wonder how KR will do? This one has come down from its highs.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 11:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: New position in ENB

Hey ken did you sell all your NLY or do you still own? I see they just did a secondary and it's at a new low. In case you were adding at at a yield of 13% Wink

Wow WMT now down over $15. I thought this was a recession proof stock. Worst day loss I can remember from this stock

Companies like GO and THS are benefiting from WMT supply issues.  I wonder how KR will do? This one has come down from its highs.

Never thought I would see WMT down $15  Big Grin. But I just bought some. They will get this issue fixed. Its a good name to own in a recession.

I own GO. Its been a great stock.

Also added to UL and LMT this morning

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-17-2022

New position on LEG. They just raised the dividend today and yields 4.7%. Pays out .44

I'm surprised no else is buying this name. It's a dividend king near the lows. And earnings were very good

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 12:21 PM)MrFortune Wrote: New position on LEG. They just raised the dividend today and yields 4.7%. Pays out .44

I'm surprised no else is buying this name. It's a dividend king near the lows. And earnings were very good
Consumer Discretionary and retail are up potentially up against severe headwinds that may keep the prices down.  I still like the trade as long as you are patient.  They are on my watch list.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 05-17-2022

Companies like GO and THS are benefiting from WMT supply issues.  I wonder how KR will do? This one has come down from its highs.

Labor and fuel costs have to be hitting WMT hard. Not to mention the ending of child tax credit payments and the removal of stimulus payments in 2022.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-17-2022

I am having fun with the collateral damage in retail selling way out of the money puts the day before earnings.  So far so good. WMT stunk up retail this quarter. Being huge is tough right now.  Soooo much product to move and they gotta pay the price.  

I think Ken dumped NLY.  I beat it him up long ago and he surrendered.  Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 05-17-2022

GLW, took it up to a .75 weight position this morning