Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 10:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 08:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought 1 share of BLK. Going to slowly build a position.
The money manager financials should find a bottom over the next few quarters.  The Biz maybe not long after.  They are all on my watch list.

I've had my eye on Blackrock for a long time too, if for no other reason than I get confused between Blackstone & Blackrock so might as well own both Smile

I think I'm not disciplined enough to dividend reinvest into either Blackrock or Broadcom, both of which last I checked are sitting around $580.  By the time dividends have pooled up to $250 I've already been unable to resist buying other stuff.  My next "real" chunk of money to invest comes in September, which is a 3 paycheck month.  I'll get some then.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-16-2022

Nibbled on MED, BLK, TXRH, and LANC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-16-2022

Hey Fenders where are you in on TTCF?

I'm thinking at this $7 range it's worth a gamble on 100 shares Wink

BTW anyone like any of beaten down high flyers that are under $10 now? Lots to choose from lol

SOFI, HOOD, UA ect.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 12:35 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Hey Fenders where are you in on TTCF?

I'm thinking at this $7 range it's worth a gamble on 100 shares Wink

BTW anyone like any of beaten down high flyers that are under $10 now? Lots to choose from lol

SOFI, HOOD, UA ect.
I flipped it a couple times LONG ago when it was in full hype, along with a few more SPACs like SOFI.  I bailed on 95% of anything remotely speculative starting about DEC 1.  I knew they were all hype and was nervous everyday I owned them.  I still follow all that stuff for entertainment.  I am too old to buy that stuff and hold it like I think I can pick the right one long-term.  I trade SPWR and that is about it for foolishness.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 12:25 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 10:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 08:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought 1 share of BLK. Going to slowly build a position.
The money manager financials should find a bottom over the next few quarters.  The Biz maybe not long after.  They are all on my watch list.

I've had my eye on Blackrock for a long time too, if for no other reason than I get confused between Blackstone & Blackrock so might as well own both Smile

I think I'm not disciplined enough to dividend reinvest into either Blackrock or Broadcom, both of which last I checked are sitting around $580.  By the time dividends have pooled up to $250 I've already been unable to resist buying other stuff.  My next "real" chunk of money to invest comes in September, which is a 3 paycheck month.  I'll get some then.
It's too early to mess with them anyway.  Their AUM is going nowhere good soon.  I sell way out of the money puts on TROW.  I'll get bit eventually but it will bounce some year like the rest of the majors.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-16-2022

added

msft
lrcx
amd
tsla

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-17-2022

I was supposed to buy another share of SCHD today, but I started a position in F instead Smile I get a buck a quarter from them so far!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-17-2022

Added HD. It's Red now. Crazy Market. HD has one of the best earnings and outlook.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 05-17-2022

Added BBY, HD, LMT and TD

Sold most of my APPL, OHI and HAS

DKS on watch list

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 05-17-2022

Glad I topped off my PARA yesterday -- up 10 percent this morning!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 05-17-2022

The consumer is in trouble. WMT was a good indicator of that. This market still has a good 15-20% downside left.

I bought some puts on DG, TGT and ROST

Added some calls in OIL

To me oli is the only bright spot going forward. Yes it has run. But to me oil is going to 140-150

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 05-17-2022

(05-17-2022, 08:52 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I was supposed to buy another share of SCHD today, but I started a position in F instead Smile  I get a buck a quarter from them so far!

Brave buying F with rising interest rates and higher oil prices squeezing the consumer.

Auto stocks in recessions are bad news.