Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-12-2022

added

aapl

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-13-2022

(05-12-2022, 05:22 AM)rayray Wrote: idk--i'd say we're not at the bottom but at this point? might as well go at it imho

say we go another 10 or 15% or hover in and around a certain spot for a while, accumulation is key--my experience has taught me close enough to the bottom is good enough, and it doesn't take as much as you think to turn a little money into good to great gains in time
I agree, as long as you avoid loading on on the same trash that bit you in the first place.  I see new investors making the same mistake I did in 2000.  Trying to catch the knife on stocks down 50%+ because it looks like a better deal than quality stocks down much less.  Unfortunately too much of the trash never recovers or gets acquired for a small fraction of it's previous high.  A long way if saying if you failed to sell spec stocks when you should have, just ignore them if you don't want to sell them now. Luckily I sold mine while profitable.  Not because I am brilliant, but because I knew I paid too much and was simply scared to hold them for long.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-13-2022

(05-13-2022, 04:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 05:22 AM)rayray Wrote: idk--i'd say we're not at the bottom but at this point? might as well go at it imho

say we go another 10 or 15% or hover in and around a certain spot for a while, accumulation is key--my experience has taught me close enough to the bottom is good enough, and it doesn't take as much as you think to turn a little money into good to great gains in time
I agree, as long as you avoid loading on on the same trash that bit you in the first place.  I see new investors making the same mistake I did in 2000.  Trying to catch the knife on stocks down 50%+ because it looks like a better deal than quality stocks down much less.  Unfortunately too much of the trash never recovers or gets acquired for a small fraction of it's previous high.  A long way if saying if you failed to sell spec stocks when you should have, just ignore them if you don't want to sell them now. Luckily I sold mine while profitable.  Not because I am brilliant, but because I knew I paid too much and was simply scared to hold them for long.

that's absolutely true, now is the time to acquire quality, a great time

the one thing i'm not sold on is with higher interest rates, the worse it is for tech--i believe no matter where the rates settle at, tech with loads of cash are a lot better buys at the moment--innovative companies with the ability of making loads of cash are good to great investments imho

BUT--i'm talking about companies that have the ability to MAKE A LOT OF CASH

i'm a big fan of google, amazon, apple and to a certain degree facebook--i think facebook will figure it out

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-13-2022

(05-12-2022, 07:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: Buying some DIS under $97 today for the kids.

On January 2, 2018, I took a screenshot of my stock portfolio one last time before it all got transferred over to my ex-wife in the divorce settlement (I kept company stock instead).  Every now and then I look back at it, to see what I had.  DIS was in there at $109/share, and now I see today it is at $104/share.  Incredible.  That was 4 years ago!!!  From a company that owns Star Wars and Marvel!!! But zero progress.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-13-2022

(05-13-2022, 05:14 AM)rayray Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 04:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

that's absolutely true, now is the time to acquire quality, a great time

the one thing i'm not sold on is with higher interest rates, the worse it is for tech--i believe no matter where the rates settle at, tech with loads of cash are a lot better buys at the moment--innovative companies with the ability of making loads of cash are good to great investments imho

BUT--i'm talking about companies that have the ability to MAKE A LOT OF CASH

i'm a big fan of google, amazon, apple and to a certain degree facebook--i think facebook will figure it out
They will be fine but future cash flows must be discounted for interest and inflation.  That's just how finance has always worked.  I own them too but they are worth less than they did in a liquidity free for all.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 05-13-2022

Added more BX and BRK.b as well

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-13-2022

I opened up a new trading account with 5k just for fun lol

Bought 100 each of HOOD, CPG and SOFI Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-13-2022

Added 1 share of LMT with pulled dividends

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-16-2022

Bought 1 share of BLK. Going to slowly build a position.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-16-2022

(05-16-2022, 08:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought 1 share of BLK. Going to slowly build a position.
The money manager financials should find a bottom over the next few quarters.  The Biz maybe not long after.  They are all on my watch list.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 05-16-2022

Nibbled on some PARA, BEN, and O this morning.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 05-16-2022

Added to SBUX and a new position in LOW.