Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 05-12-2022

Added to Trow and swk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-12-2022

idk--i'd say we're not at the bottom but at this point? might as well go at it imho

say we go another 10 or 15% or hover in and around a certain spot for a while, accumulation is key--my experience has taught me close enough to the bottom is good enough, and it doesn't take as much as you think to turn a little money into good to great gains in time

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 05:22 AM)rayray Wrote: idk--i'd say we're not at the bottom but at this point? might as well go at it imho

say we go another 10 or 15% or hover in and around a certain spot for a while, accumulation is key--my experience has taught me close enough to the bottom is good enough, and it doesn't take as much as you think to turn a little money into good to great gains in time

I've had dividends coming in. Planning to start spending when the S&P gets to 3500. Right now I see someplace between 3500 and 3000 as where it's likely to begin setting a base. Usually I just buy as I have $$$ to build income but this one seems pretty obvious to me. Which means it's probably wrong. Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-12-2022

I have to say, I'm really only interested in dividend stocks at this point, but ...

U: $30.30
UPST: $28.00
TTD: $43.34
RBLX: $23.97

Holy cow these are cheap!!!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 06:39 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I have to say, I'm really only interested in dividend stocks at this point, but ...

How are they cheap? They have no earnings. Sure there all much cheaper then there all time nose bleed highs Wink 

Buying some DIS under $97 today for the kids.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 06:39 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I have to say, I'm really only interested in dividend stocks at this point, but ...

This is when you buy quality because it is also on sale.  

Could the stocks you listed do well in the next bull market?  Sure, they are promising so yes they might be good investments.  They could also be cut in half again, struggle to raise capital and get acquired for less than todays prices.  At this point a few shares of TQQQ is probably less risky.  That's not as crazy as it sounds, especially if you let the Nasdaq show some sign of trying to bottom.

(05-12-2022, 07:16 AM)divmenow Wrote:

How are they cheap? They have no earnings. Sure there all much cheaper then there all time nose bleed highs Wink 

UPST and TTD have profits.  UPST even has an 18.93 P/E ratio.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 11:11 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

UPST forward projections are not good and I hope that isn't news to you.  Give us the skinny on the next 12 months because the market cares about that.

(05-12-2022, 11:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 11:11 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

UPST forward projections are not good and I hope that isn't news to you.  Give us the skinny on the next 12 months because the market cares about that.

It is news to me, but then again I would do some research before actually purchasing.

But wow, there are so many big names now over 3% yield!  CSCO at 3.18%, SBUX getting there at 2.84%, F at 3.21%, BLK at 3.28%.  I don't have any of these at present, because I have no funds, but I wish I did.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 05-12-2022

Yes, U is cheap now.
And the latest beat down was since they had a poor quarter (which will turn into a poor year) due to a one-time fluke, and due to this fluke in the worst affected quarter their revenue only grew 26% YoY.

I do not want to go heavily into unprofitable growth companies. But sooner or later I'll have to do it if they keep driving the price down.

But today I only bought MSFT. Now that is a company that will never have a loss making quarter during my remaining lifetime. Smile

(05-11-2022, 06:17 PM)rayray Wrote:
(05-11-2022, 06:03 PM)divmenow Wrote: I don’t know why but I may take a small position in CHWY lol. Did everyone stop owning pets Wink

There just selling at will. Trying to get the day traders out of here. I think it’s more the SEC is sending a message. At some point things are going to rocket back up.

It’s only a loss on paper. Don’t sell and stay the course. We have seen this all before. Go play some golf or head to the bar lol

I lost lots and I’m trying not to sweat it Wink  Some great quality names on sale but I’m can’t buy anymore. I’m pretty much fully invested now. We’re in the process of buying a new house so that’s where my money is going lol . All I have to spare is like 5k. But if I wait a bit longer 5 k May get you a lot more names lol

At least with the market tanking I can own more shares from dividend reinvesting. That’s the only positive I can take out this.  Smile

And I’m starting to feel stronger. My doctor said things are looking better. And that news makes losing money so much better haha

Hope everyone is doing well

i was going through cancer treatments during the Great Recession 2008/09...i had countless friends calling me in a panic telling me to SELL SELL SELL...by that time my portfolio went from 213--214K to 104K and most if not all was in my kplan--tax deferred--where was i going to go?? i remember telling them if i cash out i can't even pay off my house...

i had 30% survival rate, that means 70% chance to meet our maker

i didn't care about losing money then, and now? i just think about that time to remember

who cares it will be what it will be

the sad part? a lot of those people who helped me through that cancer ordeal are now themselves gone

the market always comes back, some of us don't

good luck and stay strong!

Only 30%, wow.  I'm so glad you were given a second chance in life.

How long did it take your portfolio to return to over $214k?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 02:18 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Only 30%, wow.  I'm so glad you were given a second chance in life.

How long did it take your portfolio to return to over $214k?

yea, it wasn't good, took them 8 months to figure it out by the time the cancer was diagnosed i was stage 4--well--there's no stage 5

thank you though

i can't remember how long it took to recover??

i do remember bottomed out at 104k then in march/april 2009 it started to rebound

my goal was to have net assets (home equity included) of 1mil by age 50--i made that by age 45--i thought it was not doable because of that massive recession and portfolio hit--but it was a total surprise

i was 36 in 2008 when i was diagnosed, then the Great Recession started....so.....i more then recovered and then some by 2016 at age 45

i set goals of "total net assets" and "total investment assets"

i find if i don't set goals i get lazy and not try as hard or slack off or make bad investments--setting goals helps keep my head clear

right now my main goal is 3mil to retire, once i get to 3mil i'm going to retire, if i don't get there for some reason then i'll retire in and around 62

i'm 51 right now--i broke 2mil in the market 2021 at age 50 but took a massive hit, massive--i got caught off guard how quickly the market was going to sour-thought we had 6months to a year in order to adjust--man was i wrong

i'm sitting at 1.727mil in the market as we speak