Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 05-10-2022

(10-01-2021, 12:48 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: If you must have nicotine in your portfolio, check out swedish match. Pretty much the market leaders in anything smokeless (which I believe to be the trend going forward) and now they are actually planning on divesting their cigar business so the company will be pretty much smoke-free after that. Good growth, decent dividend, overall a good company... some regulatory risks obviously and I'm not up to date on the valuation. They have significantly overperformed MO/BTI over the long-term and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Quoting myself from a little over a year ago. This aged well. Looks like Philip Morris agrees with me that Swedish Match is an awesome company in the tobacco space.

"The Board of Directors of Swedish Match AB has noted the recent speculation and confirms that discussions with Philip Morris International Inc. regarding a possible public takeover offer for Swedish Match are ongoing.

There can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms of any such potential offer."

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-10-2022

(05-09-2022, 07:50 PM)NilesMike Wrote: My stop @ $85 in ADM got hit today and sold. Nice runup from $40

Half will be used to add to HD.

Help me out on a 2nd pick.
Great run for ADM.  I would not have predicted a run to 90 by 2025.  I like your HD l idea.  I just started selling HD and LOW puts.  I think it will take an actual recession to drive them significantly lower.  I think your second pick will appear after we get another rate hike or two.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-10-2022

Added MO at $51 and change and also added to STOR, TXRH BX, APPL, ITW and NSC

New name in NVAX as a trade

Sold my SIX puts and will look to enter a new name

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 05-10-2022

And the Dow erases 400 points just like that. So glad I got out ?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 05-10-2022

(05-10-2022, 09:53 AM)stockguru Wrote: And the Dow erases 400 points just like that. So glad I got out Wink

(05-10-2022, 09:54 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 09:53 AM)stockguru Wrote: And the Dow erases 400 points just like that. So glad I got out Wink

We were nice and now you are gloating at our loss? Hope the annuity you aren't actually going to buy suffers bankruptcy.   Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-10-2022

Added 2 shares on GNRC LOL

I added a few shares of GNRC as well. Sold a couple MO puts. I think I am done for a little while.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-10-2022

added to

bx
amzn
googl
nvda
shop
iipr
abt

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 05-11-2022

Added to NSC.
Also eyeing some more MSFT sooner or later.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-11-2022

I feel like today might be the bottom. I see that stock futures are down, yet inflation is clearly slowing. Thoughts?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 05-11-2022

New lows coming today. CPI report was not good. Stick with oil 100%. It’s the only game in town lol. Although Stockguru has a guaranteed 4% Wink

I just don’t see many buys right now even though they have come down a lot. Numbers still need to be lowered. So you can’t judge what the real valuations are yet.

UPS I saw someone posted is at a bargain right now. The real bargain was at $85-90 2 years ago. Not such a bargain right now in this environment. My point is I think things get even cheaper.

I like the buy 1-3 share philosophy as some listed. Go in slow, or you may be down 20% in a week and can’t average down.

Fenders maybe we can get WEN at $10 again Wink