Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 08:52 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Who's still holding PLTR? Wow down to $7. If you liked it at $25 you have to love it at $7 Wink

I almost bought the hype but walked away and never bought. This one and many other stocks that were pumped will be trading on the pink sheets at some point. This market has finally spoken and they will not allow anymore stocks to be pumped. I think a big reason why this market is down so much is because all those young traders gave up and aren't coming back. They is no buying so stocks have no reason to go up right now. You hear nothing now and it's very quiet out there  Big Grin

I too added a little BA. It may go down lower but this will be at least a 10 year hold for me.  At $140 level the risk is worth it

Added SBUX, TROW, MS and PNC as well

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 05-09-2022

Initiated BLK here

Added to SBUX IIPR NSC NEM TRTN

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-09-2022

Who ever said this was 1929 wasn't kidding lol

I actually bought some very small positions in tech just now. 3-5 shares each

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-09-2022

Sold new oil puts to replace the ones that expired worthless. Still ignoring anything growthy or economically sensitive until it shows some sign of a bottom. Not there today.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 05-09-2022

Wow UPST down $30 after hours to $46. These companies are just getting punished.

$401 to $46 in a year. Nuts!

Just buy puts from here on out and become a millionaire lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 04:03 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Wow UPST down $30 after hours to $46. These companies are just getting punished.

I just saw that on my screen. Wow! I think a few people own this names on here at much, much higher prices. Sucks the way this market is. 

Lots of money being wiped out. I think this may be worse then 1929 when its all said and done.

I have lost too much, I cant even look anymore. I'm not buying as I have no more money. I'm all in and that's that  Big Grin

Good thing I have 15 years to retirement. It may be 15 before I break even on some of these names lol

I bought 25 shares of UPST. Laugh all you want lol

Numbers were actually very good. Forward PE like 18 now.

This is a stock for the future. Buy when everyone is fearful.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 04:17 PM)ConnerM Wrote: I bought 25 shares of UPST. Laugh all you want lol

Numbers were actually very good. Forward PE like 18 now.

This is a stock for the future. But when everyone is fearful.
I am getting too old for many stock of the future bets, but you have the right idea.  You waited until it was thoroughly beaten down.  Only advice I have is you have to save a little dry powder.  In an ugly market it could get cut in half again for no good reason.  Buy it really slow if you get a chance to add.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - NilesMike - 05-09-2022

My stop @ $85 in ADM got hit today and sold. Nice runup from $40

Half will be used to add to HD.

Help me out on a 2nd pick.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-09-2022

added to

bx

googl

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 04:09 PM)Marknew Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 04:03 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Wow UPST down $30 after hours to $46. These companies are just getting punished.

I just saw that on my screen. Wow! I think a few people own this names on here at much, much higher prices. Sucks the way this market is. 

Lots of money being wiped out. I think this may be worse then 1929 when its all said and done.

I have lost too much, I cant even look anymore. I'm not buying as I have no more money. I'm all in and that's that  Big Grin

Good thing I have 15 years to retirement. It may be 15 before I break even on some of these names lol

unless we see a mushroom cloud it won't be worse then "1929"