Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 05-07-2022

(05-06-2022, 01:38 PM)stockguru Wrote: Thanks to the ministration and the powers to be my husband and I have decided to pull out the market and sell everything. We will be putting it all in a annuity at 3-4% a year.  There is no reason to stay in any longer. 23 years was long enough.  So much has changed and I have gone through so many ups and downs. But this time it’s different and it’s no longer based on merits. My husband is quite happy making 4% a year before retirement and we worked too hard to lose our hard earned money. It’s no longer an investment and it’s turned into a side show. I know you will backlash me but it’s the decision we have made. Thanks all for the last 4 years. It’s been fun.

Nothing wrong with switching to safer investments if you have judged that to be the right course of action in your particular situation. I do hope it works out for you. And yes, it's been fun. And it'll be fun in the future too!

I'll see you in two weeks when you've bought back into the market. Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-07-2022

Thanks Crimson, I didn't want to be the first one to say it. And WTH is a ministration? Is she attending seminary college too? Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-08-2022

(05-07-2022, 01:54 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 01:38 PM)stockguru Wrote: Thanks to the ministration and the powers to be my husband and I have decided to pull out the market and sell everything. We will be putting it all in a annuity at 3-4% a year.  There is no reason to stay in any longer. 23 years was long enough.  So much has changed and I have gone through so many ups and downs. But this time it’s different and it’s no longer based on merits. My husband is quite happy making 4% a year before retirement and we worked too hard to lose our hard earned money. It’s no longer an investment and it’s turned into a side show. I know you will backlash me but it’s the decision we have made. Thanks all for the last 4 years. It’s been fun.

Nothing wrong with switching to safer investments if you have judged that to be the right course of action in your particular situation. I do hope it works out for you. And yes, it's been fun. And it'll be fun in the future too!

It will be October, but yeah, she'll be back ...   Cool

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 05-08-2022

well--that was interesting

last week i added to

vz--nvda--tsla--googl

oh and first time i added to shop in years

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 05-08-2022

On Friday added to AVA, STOR, TROW, and GILD.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-09-2022

(05-08-2022, 06:34 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Weak hands leaving are a characteristic of market drops. Not good, not bad, just a characteristic. Glad I'm focused on dividends. They keep coming - and growing. Of course one of these days the next long-term poor returns period will come along. But these are based on someone investing at market highs. I, along with most of the people here (I expect) did not put our money in, at least not most of it, at the latest highs.

Everyone needs to do what they are comfortable doing. Best wishes to stockguru on the annuities.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 05:40 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:34 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Weak hands leaving are a characteristic of market drops. Not good, not bad, just a characteristic. Glad I'm focused on dividends. They keep coming - and growing. Of course one of these days the next long-term poor returns period will come along. But these are based on someone investing at market highs. I, along with most of the people here (I expect) did not put our money in, at least not most of it, at the latest highs.

Everyone needs to do what they are comfortable doing. Best wishes to stockguru on the annuities.

So far none of my equities have lowered their dividend payouts this year, but I admit it's likely to happen.  My stretch goal for the year is to make it to $9k, but it won't happen if there any cuts. But otherwise yeah, focusing on dividend increasing definitely lets me tune out the price drops.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 05-09-2022

"So far none of my equities have lowered their dividend payouts this year, but I admit it's likely to happen."

I don't see any of my Taxable Account companies as likely to cut, or even with a significant possibility, in the near future. Could happen, obviously. This is different from in the past as I have made buys of riskier stocks such as OXY and REITs/BDCs. But I got pretty conservative in that account heading into retirement.

Different story with the IRAs which are for TR though even there I think it would take a market shock beyond what we're experiencing now from war & inflation. COVID is still the biggest wild card as I have companies with a lot of China business.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 06:45 AM)cemanuel Wrote: "So far none of my equities have lowered their dividend payouts this year, but I admit it's likely to happen."

I don't see any of my Taxable Account companies as likely to cut, or even with a significant possibility, in the near future. Could happen, obviously. This is different from in the past as I have made buys of riskier stocks such as OXY and REITs/BDCs. But I got pretty conservative in that account heading into retirement.

Different story with the IRAs which are for TR though even there I think it would take a market shock beyond what we're experiencing now from war & inflation. COVID is still the biggest wild card as I have companies with a lot of China business.

I rely on Simply Safe Dividends to help protect me from dividend cuts.  Their dividend safety scores do a very good job of that.  

I also like their screening tool a lot.  They are very dividend focused, run a few portfolios of their own, have great online portfolio tools and really have helped me as an investor.  Best money I have ever spent on a service.

I am not compensated to writing this post Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-09-2022

Added XOM, CVX, NUE, MSFT, TROW and DUK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 05-09-2022

Who's still holding PLTR? Wow down to $7. If you liked it at $25 you have to love it at $7 Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 05-09-2022

New positions in GOOG and BA

Added to MSFT, APPL, and DG