Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 06:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 11:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 09:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm also looking to get back into Starbucks soon.  Probably Ford too.
SBUX has more drama than a reality show but they will work through it the next six months. I sell puts on F constantly.

Only thing I am buying today is short puts to lock in profits.  Call me skeptical on any rally until we get a rate hike or two.  But there is always the power hour at the end of day so we'll see.

My new policy is I just buy 1-2 shares of any given company or fund a month, so I dollar cost average in.  However, I'm concentrating on building up HPQ, SCHD, ABBV, CVS, VALE and BX to higher levels this year, so any other ticker symbols will really have to wait for next year.  (You will notice PEGA just had that one good day, and fell right back to the low 70s)
Nothing wrong with that strategy.  Price swings aren't likely going away and you should have something you can nibble on most every week.  I have managed to not get crushed by this market and leaving anything that seems risky.  Took some modest profit in ABNB and AMD this AM while I had the chance.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 05-05-2022

So I know many of you don’t like owning MO. But it just hit a 52 week high. Forward PE is 11 and pays a yield of 6.49%. I don’t smoke or like what they stand for, but I’m im making money, so I can look past all of this lol. It’s been one of the best performers in 2022. What’s not to like. All those that sold at 45-50 are kicking themselves Wink

I should have sold everything yesterday and rebought today ?. I lost more today then I gained yesterday. Crazy times. Wink

Added COST

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 09:16 AM)stockguru Wrote: I should have sold everything yesterday and rebought today ?. I lost more today then I gained yesterday. Crazy times. Wink

Added COST
I closed a ton of put sells yesterday.  Actually just set limit buy to close orders and turned off the stock market for the first time in weeks.  I have some extra shopping money anyway.  This market is stupid.  I thought the bulls might be in control for a couple days.  Nope.  Smile

(05-05-2022, 08:08 AM)stockguru Wrote: So I know many of you don’t like owning MO. But it just hit a 52 week high. Forward PE is 11 and pays a yield of 6.49%. I don’t smoke or like what they stand for, but I’m im making money, so I can look past all of this lol. It’s been one of the best performers in 2022. What’s not to like. All those that sold at 45-50 are kicking themselves Wink
I don't judge others.  My wife smokes like a chimney.  I made money on MO but left around 50 because I don't want to deal with the regulatory drama.  Not to mention their horrible M&A for awhile.  I don't miss it because the same money could be found easy enough after the market corrected.  I might buy MO again when it gets hammered, and it will.

(05-05-2022, 09:24 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 08:08 AM)stockguru Wrote: So I know many of you don’t like owning MO. But it just hit a 52 week high. Forward PE is 11 and pays a yield of 6.49%. I don’t smoke or like what they stand for, but I’m im making money, so I can look past all of this lol. It’s been one of the best performers in 2022. What’s not to like. All those that sold at 45-50 are kicking themselves Wink
I don't judge others.  My wife smokes like a chimney.  I made money on MO but left around 50 because I don't want to deal with the regulatory drama.  Not to mention their horrible M&A for awhile.  I don't miss it because the same money could be found easy enough after the market corrected.  I might buy MO again when it gets hammered, and it will.

ha you and your crystal ball ; You have no idea what it will do so don’t make predictions lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 09:47 AM)stockguru Wrote:

ha you and your crystal ball ; You have no idea what it will do so don’t make predictions lol

Haha good one. Fenders and his crystal ball. No on knows what MO or any stock will do. MO is a very good company and will do great in times like this. Fenders missed the run and is now talking it down to buy cheaper. Sounds like another Cramer  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-05-2022

The life and times of a whacky market lol. Got to love these crooks Wink

What go up comes down harder. It's a joke on what this market has become. Nothing more then a rigged market for all the rich in office to profit from.

I added to UNH, VOO, AMD, AAPL, CVX, and MUR

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 11:03 AM)ConnerM Wrote: The life and times of a whacky market lol. Got to love these crooks Wink

What go up comes down harder. It's a joke on what this market has become. Nothing more then a rigged market for all the rich in office to profit from.

I added to UNH, VOO, AMD, AAPL, CVX, and MUR

It's my fault because I had the audacity to post last night that I enjoyed yesterday's rally...

(05-05-2022, 10:14 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:47 AM)stockguru Wrote:

Haha good one. Fenders and his crystal ball. No on knows what MO or any stock will do. MO is a very good company and will do great in times like this. Fenders missed the run and is now talking it down to buy cheaper. Sounds like another Cramer  Big Grin
I am less than .5% off my ATH this minute.  How's your port today?  Being skeptical and fading fake rallies has paid off this year.  I never said MO is a bad company.  They live in their world with a regulatory target on their back.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-05-2022

That's pretty amazing. I'll be back to ATH talk in ... 2025? 2026? Who knows.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 05-05-2022

Bought some QQQ and SOXQ for my kid's college accounts.