Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 09:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm also looking to get back into Starbucks soon.  Probably Ford too.
SBUX has more drama than a reality show but they will work through it the next six months. I sell puts on F constantly.

Only thing I am buying today is short puts to lock in profits. Call me skeptical on any rally until we get a rate hike or two. But there is always the power hour at the end of day so we'll see.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-03-2022

New positions in SPGI, CHTR, EL and IIPR

All stocks I have watched and always wanted to own. Now there at 52 week lows so lol

Also added some oil names. CVX and CTRA

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 05-03-2022

Boring old SWPPX in my roth and my kids accounts. I keep that at certain percentages of the accounts and anytime it drops below that I buy to bring it back above. 

Probably gonna pick up some more TROW soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ConnerM - 05-03-2022

SBUX not so great earnings.

In line and China negative 23 comps. Wow!

I will see where this goes over the next several days. Anyone doing business in China is going to hit at least 2-3 quarters.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 03:21 PM)ConnerM Wrote: SBUX not so great earnings.

In line and China negative 23 comps. Wow!

I will see where this goes over the next several days. Anyone doing business in China is going to hit at least 2-3 quarters.

It's up $3 after hours but that wont last. Growth is really slowing and China was a mess and they said they wont be giving guidance. Not to mention Unions which will take a chunk out of profit. Great company and may get an opportunity to add under $60. I'm with Conner. I will avoid any company that deal heavily in China 

I think I will buy some ABNB. Could have an old fashion short squeeze here

Wow ROK got killed today!

Anyone own LYFT? Wow down $7 after hours. That's a tough business to be in

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 05-03-2022

I was nervous about ABNB earnings. In a little deep. The company is insanely overvalued and this is a bad time for that. Seems like they are growing well though.

I don't own SBUX but I thought their earnings were pretty good considering all the head winds.from China lockdown, Russia closure and union stuff.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 05-04-2022

(05-03-2022, 11:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 09:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm also looking to get back into Starbucks soon.  Probably Ford too.
SBUX has more drama than a reality show but they will work through it the next six months. I sell puts on F constantly.

Only thing I am buying today is short puts to lock in profits.  Call me skeptical on any rally until we get a rate hike or two.  But there is always the power hour at the end of day so we'll see.

My new policy is I just buy 1-2 shares of any given company or fund a month, so I dollar cost average in.  However, I'm concentrating on building up HPQ, SCHD, ABBV, CVS, VALE and BX to higher levels this year, so any other ticker symbols will really have to wait for next year. (You will notice PEGA just had that one good day, and fell right back to the low 70s)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 06:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 11:05 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Only thing I am buying today is short puts to lock in profits.  Call me skeptical on any rally until we get a rate hike or two.  But there is always the power hour at the end of day so we'll see.

My new policy is I just buy 1-2 shares of any given company or fund a month, so I dollar cost average in.  However, I'm concentrating on building up HPQ, SCHD, ABBV, CVS, VALE and BX to higher levels this year, so any other ticker symbols will really have to wait for next year.  (You will notice PEGA just had that one good day, and fell right back to the low 70s)

That's pretty much how I'm managing things now too. Very rarely sell anything anymore, just using dividends as they come in to buy a few shares here and there and slowly build positions out.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 05-04-2022

New positions in JCI and SWKS

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 05-04-2022

(05-03-2022, 09:01 AM)EricL Wrote: Just used my pooled dividends to add 3 more shares of SBUX ahead of earnings.

2.65% yield and within 1% of the 52-week low. We'll see how my market timing is on this one!

So far, so good. Up 7% this morning on earnings.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 05-04-2022

SWKS, GOOG, FUTY, OGE and CTRA

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 08:45 AM)EricL Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 09:01 AM)EricL Wrote: Just used my pooled dividends to add 3 more shares of SBUX ahead of earnings.

2.65% yield and within 1% of the 52-week low. We'll see how my market timing is on this one!

So far, so good. Up 7% this morning on earnings.

So you made $15. Sell now and buy a few Frappuccino's  Big Grin