Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-26-2022

(04-26-2022, 12:14 PM)stockguru Wrote: So who’s bold enough to buy MSFT, FB and GOOG ahead of earnings?
I have a LO in on GOOGL that probably won't execute.  Already own them both so we'll see what happens.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 04-26-2022

Well at least SHW is GREEN for me today lol

Added a few GNRC, CMI, TD, SRE and BP

Back in IIPR and NSC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 04-26-2022

stay strong

added

BX

(04-26-2022, 12:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 12:14 PM)stockguru Wrote: So who’s bold enough to buy MSFT, FB and GOOG ahead of earnings?
I have a LO in on GOOGL that probably won't execute.  Already own them both so we'll see what happens.

i've been buying googl/goog every month and will continue to do so 

the same with msft and amzn, just not as much

i own fb and figure i'll have time to add through their reorganization 

alphabet and blackstone have been my one two punches as of late

i couldn't take it

i added to

googl

but i'm crazy--so don't follow my lead

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 04-26-2022

Yeah GOOG not a good report. Down another $140 after hours. MSFT not great and FB down as well.

GOOG EPS of $24.62 missing expectations of $26.11
Rev of $68.01B missing expectations of $68.04B

TXN down $14 on a bad report. Chips not as great as they were all pumped up. SOXL at $21 now after hours. Wow

Tech is finished and has much more downside left. At some point I will jump in lol

Where do we hide? Under the mattress lol ?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 04-27-2022

We hide in any sort of a quality fairly valued dividend growth stocks that are not tech. My portfolio has been going up this year. (very little tech exposure, a lot of defense exposure).

Haven't read the TXN report yet, but from what I know of things in the industry, chips are indeed still just as great. Now the report might change my mind, but there is still nothing wrong with their business. I was just talking to an electronical engineer yesterday about this and he was saying how anything he orders to be put into his products are still coming with a 20+ day delivery schedule. (the situation pre-semiconductor shortage was 2-3 days) Every single item coming out of the production lines is already sold before production even starts.

Stock price performance in the extremely short term has very little to do with the actual business operations and more to do with everything else.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 04-27-2022

Ahh yes, just started reading the report.
Let's remember that 2021 was an awesome year for TXN.

And this year started off with
revenue +14%
operating profit +32%
EPS +26%
cash from operations +27%

definitely headed to straight to bankruptcy.  Tongue

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 04-27-2022

Yeah GOOG not a good report. Down another $140 after hours. 

GOOG EPS of $24.62 missing expectations of $26.11

Rev of $68.01B missing expectations of $68.04B

I'm enjoying seeing a stock drop after posting a 23% YoY revenue increase.

Just because analysts are all starry-eyed doesn't mean it was a bad report, just that analysts were wrong. If I didn't already have a full position I'd be adding here. Heck, if I had cash free I might add anyway. That is one cheap stock showing a lot of growth, and going into a 20-1 split.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 04-27-2022

FB is very cheap. I own a little and it's tempting but they'd have to be trade shares with its date with the DOJ in its future. For now I'll just sit with what I have. Have full positions in the other two already.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-27-2022

Got up early to sell some plasma so I can buy more GOOGL. Could drop more but I can always get some cash at the liquor store.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-27-2022

Added QQQ and SPY at the close yesterday. A little GNRC and some boring put sells. DCA back into JPS as my highish yield fund gets back in my buy range.